• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Staying On Track: A Guide for Small Businesses

In summary, it is important to make contact with customers, keep your office organized, and make sure you have plenty of copies of upcoming specials.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Does anyone have any tips of what they "have" to do daily, weekly or monthly to keep there business on track???

Sure...lots of advice. Too bad I don't follow it!! Contacting people is key. Make a few phone calls each day. Customer care to check on how they like their products, see if they need anything or are interested in hearing about future specials? My big important thing is making sure my office is organized b/c I can't function as easily otherwise. Monthly, I do an email newsletter to my contacts. It keeps my name in front of them and gives them great info including anything I'm doing special. I also make sure to update my website. Making updated host packets.Weekly...host calls and booking calls. Following up. If I was good, I would be closing shows once or twice per week. Hmmm...I should print this and actually keep up with it!

3-2-1

Three contacts a day, two shows a week, one recruit a month.

DebbieJ said:
3-2-1

Three contacts a day, two shows a week, one recruit a month.
I second that!!! This formula will do wonders for your business. And at the very least - 3 calls a day is very managable!! It's how I keep myself on track even if I do nothing else for my business that day. I made phone calls today (luckily more than 3 :D ) for some wedding expo leads from NOVEMBER (I'm way behind). And I got a pretty solid lead on a wedding shower in the next couple months. Woo hoo!!:D

So when you are doing the 3-2-1 calls are you cold calling people? I try to book shows everyday. Promoting that I am actually selling PC now, since a lot of people didn't know.

No, it's not cold calling. It's MAC, OOTB, general customer care, calling booking leads, calling recruiting leads, follow up from fairs, etc. There are plenty of reasons you can make up to call someone. :)

Daily--calls (okay, it's really only MOST days)

Weekly--check planner and plan week (keeps me on track)

Monthly--update guest kits
--make up host kits. I try to make sure I start each month with 10-15 host kits. I make them all up minus catalogs (for easier storage) and specials (I keep those with me and add them when they pick a date).
--make sure I have plenty of copies of the upcoming specials for new bookings

update your website at least once a month too!

and I definately third the 3-2-1 plan! Now, if I can get myself there!!!!

actually working it right now :)

Oh, yeah, forgot that along with doing my monthly newsletter

Related to Tips for Staying On Track: A Guide for Small Businesses

What are some tips for staying on track as a small business owner?

As a small business owner, it's important to have a clear vision for your business and set achievable goals. Make sure to prioritize tasks and stay organized, and don't be afraid to delegate tasks to others if needed. Additionally, regularly reviewing and adjusting your business plan can help you stay on track.

How can I stay motivated and avoid burnout as a small business owner?

Running a small business can be challenging and it's important to take care of yourself. Set boundaries and make time for self-care activities. Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends and fellow business owners. It can also be helpful to break down big goals into smaller, more manageable tasks.

What are some common mistakes that small businesses make when trying to stay on track?

One common mistake is not having a clear plan or strategy in place. It's also important to regularly review and adjust your goals and plans as needed. Another mistake is trying to do everything yourself instead of delegating tasks to others. Additionally, not prioritizing tasks and getting overwhelmed with too many things to do can hinder progress.

How can I track and measure my progress as a small business owner?

There are various ways to track and measure progress, such as setting specific and measurable goals, tracking financial data, and regularly reviewing customer feedback. It can also be helpful to regularly assess your business processes and make improvements as needed.

What are some resources for small business owners to stay on track?

There are many resources available for small business owners, including online tools for project management and organization. Networking with other business owners and joining business organizations can also provide valuable support and resources. Additionally, attending conferences, workshops, and seminars can provide valuable insights and tips for staying on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueikaos
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • PChefPEI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • AJPratt