1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Keeping track of customer communication

1. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I'm finishing up my fourth month, trying to stay on top of all my calls. Between MAC, OOTB, and CCC, I am going crazy!

How do you keep track of when and what you've talked about with a customer? How do you keep track of potential booking leads? How do you flag them for follow up? I do all the prompts that PP tells me to do, but I don't want to find myself in a situation where I'm repeating a previous conversation or a miss following up on a potential spring booking, you know?

I have the rolling contact list for recruiting already.

Thanks for any tips!

Nov 27, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

So you use contact management in PP? That's what I use and I can do all of the things you mentioned on there. Every time I talk to a customer or potential host or whoever, I use the note section at the bottom of each contact's screen and type the date, why I called them, what was the outcome or even if I called and left a message or called and didn't leave a message. I'll get really specific like if a potential host says, call me in the spring or something so I remember at least a small portion of what we talked about. Then I'll flag it for a follow up if that's the case. I admit, I'm not as on top of it as I used to, but I try to check my action items every day or every other day to see what I need to do. You can also check off the little square up in the upper right hand corner in the "status" box that she is a potential host. Then you can also print out a list of your potential hosts whenever there's a great host special or something so you know who have expressed interest in hosting in the past.

Are these things that you do? Contact management is actually very useful and easy. I think there are even some teleclasses just on using it. I know there are workshops at conference specifically for it.

Hope that helps! :)

Nov 27, 2005
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Becky,

Those are great tips! I will starting using PP more effectively now!

Thanks so much!

Nov 27, 2005
Have something to add?