• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your favorite tips for using the Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, Sarah is compiling a list of tips for the Deep Covered Baker. The white Deep Covered Baker is on back order, and the cranberry Deep Covered Baker is on back order as well. The white Deep Covered Baker is not being sold anymore, and the cranberry Deep Covered Baker is only being sold while it is in stock. Sarah is reaching out to people that already have the Deep Covered Baker and is giving advice on how to make mashed potatoes and corn on cob.
allergycooker
Gold Member
I have create a cookbook for microwave and oven based recipes for Deep Covered Baker but now I am searching for TIPS on using the Deep COvered Baker. Items you love to cook in it, items that dont do as well, ways you get recipes started and then finish them on grill, any type of tid bits, tricks, tips that you will share.. I am compiling a list for a DEEP COVERED BAKER Instruction Class. I have sold a ton of them and now I have people asking for cooking lessons.. Thanks in advance!

Hi... the classes sound fun! But the cranberry deep covered baker is on back order and the news feed says to stop selling the white one altogether. Does anyone know when they might be back in stock?

I am reaching the customers that already have the baker and are thinking about it.. I am not selling the white anymore.

I did mashed potatoes in the DCB on Saturday, and my family said they were the best I've ever made (and, mashed potatoes are big with me!!). Are these the kinds of tips you're looking for? If so, I'll share how I did it.

Yes this is a great one!!

My favorite tip is the idea of putting your DCB in the fridge or freezer for a while and using it to keep food cold. I don't think most people would think of that for something called a "baker"and Sarah, I'd love to hear about the mashed potatoes.marghi

I use white potatoes (or red), so I don't have to peel them, especially since all the nutrients are in the skin! This recipe is not only faster than boiling the potatoes, but keeps the house nice and cool during the summer (when you really don't want to add humidity!!).

After washing, use the Core and More to remove any eyes, bad spots.

Place potatoes in one layer on bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Cover about 1/2 way with heavy cream. Cover and cook in microwave for 10 minutes.

With Mix & Masher, Mash potatoes. Add 3T of butter, white pepper, Coarse Sea & Himalayan Salt, and about 1/4 cup sour cream. Continue to mash to preferred consistency. Add more cream if necessary.

Serve in Deep Covered Baker. Serves 4.

You could probably double the recipe for a potluck, big dinner, etc. Just increase all the ingredients, and cook for 15 minutes, and check for doneness, adding 5 minutes if not soft enough to mash.

I love using it to cook pasta in the microwave.

Dotty said:
I love using it to cook pasta in the microwave.

Can you post the instructions for that? Also, what types of pasta do you normally do? Are there any types that don't work so well?

I love doing pasta, but HATE having to boil a big pot of water for it (and usually have it boil over on the stove....)

Andrea .. I love your signature! And I, too, use !!!! .. for almost everything :) !

HAHAHAHA, thanks! See, we're just all very excited! (Hey, there are worse things to be....) ;-)

I like to steam corn in mine in the microwave, always turns out juicy and delicious!!

Would love to know how you do corn on cob in DCB. Do you shuck it first; any water? I hate boiling that big pan of water, too.

How do you make the pasta? Would love to know! Thanks

fifiplc said:
Would love to know how you do corn on cob in DCB. Do you shuck it first; any water? I hate boiling that big pan of water, too.

I shuck the corn and add probably about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the DCB. Cook in microwave with lid on for about 12 to 15 minutes. Perfectly steamed corn!! You can put the corn cob knobs in beforehand if you like!!

I use it all the time now for cooking ground beef for spaghetti,lasagna, tacos, etc. I dont even bother pulling out my frying pan anymore. once the ground beef is cooked in the baker, I just add my sauce and heat for a bit longer. Less clean up to do!
Before I use to use a frying pan for the meat, another sauce pan for the sauce and then a big saucepan for the pasta.

Hey, Thanks so much for the tips on the deep covered baker. The sweet corn was great!!!

Sorry for the belated replies on the pasta. I took a trip to Jamaica! :) Ahh.. it's so sad to be back at work.

To make pasta in the microwave in the baker...

Dump in 1 lb penne pasta into baker
Spritz pasta with oil, toss pasta and spritz again
add water until the pasta is mostly covered
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes. Stir pasta. If you are making a one pot meal, add the rest of your ingredients at this step.
Cover and microwave for an additional 3-5 minutes (depending on microwave power and desired pasta tenderness). Longer time will probably be needed for one-pot meals.

I have a neighbor that is always bringing us rice and beans....but I don't like beans and had the urge for it tonight....so thought I would make my own, my way. :)

Put 2 cups rice in baker
sprinkle with PC Chipotle Seasoning....I used 2 tablespoons and 2 packes sazon.

Pour 4 cups boiling water over rice and stir

Cut 2 onions, 1 small jar sun dried tomatoes, and a small jar spanish olives and mix in with rice.

Lay 2 large pork steaks over top and bake at 375 for 2 hours.

Take pork off, shred, and mix in with rice.

OMG the house smelled so good and it tasted great. :)

Great tips! I love it! Looking for the time on heating a fully cooked ham in DCB in microwave...Anyone?

I am unable to copy the recipes posted for the baker. it is a word doc. and I cannot download it. Does anyone have ideas as to how I can copy the recipes or could someone send me an attachment? thanks

i made potatoe soup in my and it tasted great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. How do I clean my Deep Covered Baker?

To clean your Deep Covered Baker, simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal scrubbers, as they can damage the stoneware. Let the baker air dry or dry it with a towel before storing.

2. Can I use my Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is oven-safe up to 450°F. It is perfect for roasting meats, baking casseroles, and even making bread. Just make sure to preheat the oven with the baker inside to avoid thermal shock.

3. What types of recipes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes such as pot roasts, stews, lasagnas, and even desserts like cobblers. You can find many recipes specifically designed for the Deep Covered Baker on our website or in our cookbooks.

4. How do I prevent food from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker?

To prevent food from sticking, it is important to properly season the stoneware before use. Rub a small amount of vegetable oil all over the inside of the baker, then bake it empty in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You can also lightly coat the baker with cooking spray before adding your food.

5. Can I use my Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

No, the Deep Covered Baker should not be used in the microwave. It is designed for use in conventional ovens only. Using it in the microwave can cause damage to the stoneware and may also pose a safety hazard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies