• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Avoiding Speeding Tickets on the Way to Shows: My Personal Experience

In summary, a person was pulled over for speeding and they were lucky that the cop took the ticket back.
chefmelody
So, any of you ever been pulled over for speeding on the way to a show? :eek: This happened to me the other night. Didn't realize the show was 50 minutes away, I thought it was more like 30. Soooo I was going about 82 in a 70 zone on this highway...

Aaaand I saw a cop turn around to follow me. CRAP!

He wrote me a $96 ticket. :yuck: Knowing that would be about my whole profit from the show, I started crying and told him that I don't usually speed (it's true, I'm usually pretty good), I just had my mind on the show and my foot got heavy (also true, but I knew I was running late), and that I'd never had a speeding ticket before (also true, only ever been pulled over with a warning once.) He apparently took sympathy on me because he took the ticket back.

I didn't speed the rest of the way there or on the way back. :rolleyes:

Wow you were lucky! I was pulled over once in GA and balled my eyes out with two little ones in the back in car seats and he never said anything. It was my first ticket and I pray my last!

lol, now that's luck. A few years ago, I cried so hard that i blacked out and that cop still gave me a ticket. :) You are so lucky

Wow, you were lucky. Once they write out the ticket there is no going back!!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you cried and it actually worked. I'm not saying you cried on purpose, just to get out of the ticket. I've heard both ways. Sometimes no ticket and sometimes too bad-ticket anyway.
I've never been stopped on my way to a show, and I've never cried. I just get embarassed and end up smiling and trying not to laugh (not a disrespectful laugh, just a embarassed, nervous laugh). I've been pulled over four times for speeding and received a ticket three of those times. Once I was on the phone, so I just knew I wasn't going to get out of it. I was on the way to Bible study!

I hope he doesn't mail it to you!

I got a speeding ticket a month ago... not on the way to a show but on the way to a TEAM training. I was going 47 in a 45 BUT they had put up the orange construction barrels that day and reduced the speed to 35. I got caught in a speed trap... they were pulling almost everyone over. It was 6pm and I was just going with the flow of traffic. The officer wrote me for 5 over instead of 12 and suggested I go to court because traffic tickets and fines are doubled in a construction zone. Went to court with my ticket... got the fine (doubled) $180 but no points thank goodness. I added an extra show in Sept to pay for that sucker!

I am glad he took the ticket back!

dannyzmom said:
I am glad he took the ticket back!

Me too... there's no way I could have afforded that!

Heh, wonder if I could have written it off as a show expense, though... :p

Lol
chefmelody said:
Me too... there's no way I could have afforded that!

Heh, wonder if I could have written it off as a show expense, though... :p

LOL That is funny!! I'm sure there are many people who wish that were so!

Debbie :D

You got really lucky.

not pulled over but I almost hit a deer tonight and thought of this thread! I was absorbed in my own head running through the show that I was headed to when I see this baby deer walking out in the road. I slam on the brakes and before I do anything else I realize my first reaction was to guard my PC products from slipping off the seat! LOL Not my car getting damaged but my PRODUCTS!!!

Anyone that has any well-seasoned stoneware would COMPLETELY understand saving it before a car... well-seasoned stones are MUCH harder to create than a car!!! (hee hee!)

I only wish I could speed to shows! It seems that I'm always stuck in rush hour traffic going 20 mph! Glad you didn't get the ticket!!! :O)

This thread brought back a lot of memmories!! I got a ticket about 6 years ago on the way to a show and I got pulled over about 4 years ago on the way home from a show, and my kids had a sitter that night and I was trying to get back to them before having to pay the sitter for an extra hour! He let me go!
And speaking of hitting things, 2 times I've been out far away in rural areas and hit an animals, one was a racoon, and the other was a porcupine! (sp>) Why, oh why can't they just wait until the car passes before they run out!:confused::grumpy: , that was the porcupine and with the other one it was much worse!
The racoon was eating something off the ground ewwww....:yuck: and I was saying, just stay down, and right before I got to him, he turned around looked right at me and stood up! And my bottom of the car took him out! :yuck: :cry: That was really hard for me to get over and I cried! :cry: :( (I couldn't change lanes, I was going around a pretty good curve in the rode and if I'd had changed lanes I most definetly would have hit him!) I'm sure I have more driving stories in my 8 1/2 years, those are the ones that stuck out though!;)

Related to Tips for Avoiding Speeding Tickets on the Way to Shows: My Personal Experience

1. How can I avoid getting speeding tickets on my way to shows?

One way to avoid getting speeding tickets is to plan your route ahead of time and leave early enough to allow for potential traffic or delays. This will give you enough time to arrive at the show without feeling rushed and tempted to speed.

2. Is it helpful to use a navigation app or GPS device to avoid speeding tickets?

Yes, using a navigation app or GPS device can be helpful in avoiding speeding tickets. These devices can alert you of upcoming speed limits and provide alternative routes to help you stay within the speed limit.

3. What are some other tips for avoiding speeding tickets?

Some other tips for avoiding speeding tickets include keeping an eye out for speed limit signs, avoiding distractions while driving, and using cruise control to help maintain a consistent speed.

4. Does driving defensively help in avoiding speeding tickets?

Yes, driving defensively can help in avoiding speeding tickets. This means being aware of your surroundings, following traffic laws, and anticipating potential hazards or changes in speed limit.

5. What should I do if I do get pulled over for speeding?

If you do get pulled over for speeding, remain calm and polite. Admit to your mistake and apologize to the officer. If it's your first offense, you may be able to get a warning instead of a ticket. If you do receive a ticket, make sure to pay it promptly to avoid any additional fines or penalties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • dymplz8
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies