• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time for Double Recipe Dcb Fajitas?

December I think it was. I did a ton of veggies (3 batches, I think) and 3 batches of the chicken fajitas.In summary, the conversation is about cooking fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave and whether it is possible to do a double batch. Suggestions are given to increase cooking time and check with a thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked. One person shares their experience of successfully cooking a large batch of chicken fajitas for a large group using the DCB, while another person suggests adding black beans to the recipe. Some participants have also successfully cooked for a large group using multiple batches.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a double batch of the fajitas in the DCB in the microwave? If so, how long do I cook it?
TIA,
Jane :)

Anyone? My show starts in 30 minutes.
TIA,
Jane :)

I'm not certain, but if you add 5 minutes to your time and check with a thermometer you should be able to tel if the chicken is cooked. I would probably check the chicken every 5 minutes until they are cooked through. HTH

This is useless for your show yesterday but may come in handy in the future. I had a large show with 10 guests in addition to my brother and his wife (and their 6 kids) so I knew I needed to have a lot of chicken for the fajitas. I was very reluctant to just increase the recipe amounts since the veggies could wind up overcooked so here's what I did.

First, I put 3 frozen large chicken breasts (from Sam's) in the DCB and sprinkled with the southwestern seasoning on both sides, covered and cooked until they were done. (Wow factor on that - from hard frozen to cooked in under 15 minutes.) Set those aside covered with waxed paper while we prepped the regular fajita recipe in the DCB. While the fajitas cooked, I had guests take turns using the forged cutlery to slice the already cooked and now somewhat cooled chicken breasts on the cutting board. They fell in love with that knife and the DCB.

My nieces (ages 10 and 12) made a chocolate microwave cake in the fluted stone while we served the fajitas. It was my largest show sales-wise ever and we all had a lot of fun.​

Hmmm, never thought to do that! Now, I need to practice again for my show on Sunday. For the show I originally wrote about, I just made the batches one at a time. It was cool because the second time around, people just came up and did the demo. (I don't generally do an entirely interactive show, mostly because I just don't have luck getting people to willingly do it.) Unfortunately, on both batches I completely forgot the onions -- duh! So, just for future reference, it is still yummy this way! My brother (the host) said it was just as well because he and some of his friends really don't like onions and might not have eaten quite as much of it. When it came out of the microwave, I was wondering why it seemed dryer than usual. DUUUUUH! Oh well, it's still good!

Quick thinking Leslie. I'm going to remember this idea.

I'm doing a show tomorrow with the Loin, Southwest Fajitas. The host expects 15 people +.... should I have her double the recipe??

Okay so now I am way curious, where is this recipe? It sounds good.

I had to do extra at a recent show. This is what I did: I put 3 chicken breasts in the bottom of the baker - sprinkled with seasoning and salt. Then the peppers & onions - sprinkled with seasoning. Then 3 more chicken breasts - sprinkled with seasoning, salt and lime juice. Microwaved for 30 mins. turned out perfectly. Oh, we also added a can of black beans in the middle. looked kind of odd when I chopped with the salad choppers, but everyone loved them, and it was more than enough food.

pamperedlinda said:
I had to do extra at a recent show. This is what I did: I put 3 chicken breasts in the bottom of the baker - sprinkled with seasoning and salt. Then the peppers & onions - sprinkled with seasoning. Then 3 more chicken breasts - sprinkled with seasoning, salt and lime juice. Microwaved for 30 mins. turned out perfectly. Oh, we also added a can of black beans in the middle. looked kind of odd when I chopped with the salad choppers, but everyone loved them, and it was more than enough food.

Linda - how many people did this feed?

I have a show in a couple weeks for all men, and there will be at least 12 of them there. Men aren't going to be happy with a sample or a taste. I need to know I can feed them all!

ChefBeckyD said:
Linda - how many people did this feed?

I have a show in a couple weeks for all men, and there will be at least 12 of them there. Men aren't going to be happy with a sample or a taste. I need to know I can feed them all!

I think we had 17 people

I had 33 people at a show back in November! I made up 2 batches of the fajhitas with about 4 lbs of chicken in each. I cooked them each for about 23 minutes and they were perfect. I got one cooking ahead of time and then we put it in the oven to stay warm (which wasn't really needed since the baker stays warm and then demoed the second batch. I filled the baker to the rim for each batch.
Ive been demoing this recipe at shows and making it at home..I have added chunky salsa to the mixure while cooking it. I, like Linda, layer my ingredients...chicken, onions and peppers, some salsa and then another layer or two...depending how much I need..love it with the salsa right in there..gives more flavor to the meat while cooking. I am on the "hot track" for selling bakers...whooohooo
sold another 3 last nite with only 6 gals there and show is at 500.00 right now..and got 2 bookings because they want the baker as a half price item.
I have 24 confirmed for my show this Sunday....making 2 batches of the penne pasta...love love love this recipe..I found the trick to be "extra parm cheese grated in when it comes out of the microwave...The broth turned "creamy"

Related to Time for Double Recipe Dcb Fajitas?

1. How do I adjust cooking time when making a double recipe of DCB fajitas?

When making a double recipe of DCB fajitas, you will need to increase the cooking time by approximately 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the dish and check for doneness using a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked.

2. Can I use frozen veggies for the double recipe of DCB fajitas?

Yes, you can use frozen veggies for the double recipe of DCB fajitas. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the dish to ensure even cooking.

3. How many servings does the double recipe of DCB fajitas make?

The double recipe of DCB fajitas makes approximately 8-10 servings, depending on portion size.

4. Can I use a different type of meat for the double recipe of DCB fajitas?

Yes, you can use a different type of meat for the double recipe of DCB fajitas. Chicken, shrimp, or even tofu are great alternatives to beef.

5. How long does it take to prep the double recipe of DCB fajitas?

Prepping the double recipe of DCB fajitas should take around 10-15 minutes. However, this may vary depending on your chopping and slicing speed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • winklermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies