• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Other Uses for the Roasting Pan

In summary, the Roasting Pan is a 16"x12"x3 3/4" size with a volume of approximately 2 liters. It can be used to cook meat for a crowd or for Trio of Roasts, brown up to ten pounds of hamburger to freeze for future meals, or make large batches of applesauce and apple and pear butter.
kam
Staff member
I am looking for other sugguestions on how the Roasting Pan might be used.

(Besides cooking Turkey or big chunks of meat.) :)

Does anyone know the VOLUME of the Roasting Pan? Would the volume be close to double a 9x13 (say if I wanted to double a lasagna recipe or something similar)?

THANKS!

I don't have the PC roasting pan, but I do own a cheapie version of one. They work wonders for making Chex Mix or Caramel Popcorn. I also fill it to the gills with Christmas cookies when I'm baking massive amounts.

The catalog says the size is 16"x12"x3 3/4".....so not quite double a 9x13", but I would think you COULD make a double lasagna or all of those things.Here is what the P.I.G. says:The pan is sized to roast up to a 20 pound (9 kg) turkey, or two chickens side by side as well as other large roasts, ribs and lasagna for a crowd. Suggest that guests “Cook for the Week” with the Roasting Pan. They can make a Trio of Roast
Meats (whole chicken, pork roast and beef roast) or brown up to ten pounds of hamburger to freeze
for future meals.
• The pan is great for enchiladas, lasagna or cereal Party Mix.

Love the "Cook for the Week" idea, Bobbi! :)

We've put it on top of the stove and done 2 dozen scrambled eggs for a crowd. We've also done 5lbs of potatoes with ham and cheese to make scalloped potatoes for a crowd. And I think it is easily double size a 9X13 casserole because of the extra depth.

Thanks! I forgot all about the P.I.G.

The only recipes listed on the website with it are a turkey and chicken. And the website didn't list a size, and I didn't think the catty would list the size if the website didn't.

THANKS!

But, still curious for add'l uses!

I've used mine for baking several meatloaves, chex mix, caramel corn, enchiladas, stew, spaghetti sauce, chickens, ham, brisket, roasts, lasagna,oven roasting ribs, scalloped potatoes, mac & cheese, (I cook for families during the week and they pick up their meals from me and they are table ready use it alot)

Mine is invaluable during Canning Season! I use it to make HUGE batches of salsa & tomato sauce for canning (hot pack), and I also use it to make huge batches of applesauce and apple and pear butter, to cook down pumpkin to freeze and also to cook large batches of winter squash to freeze.

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine is invaluable during Canning Season! I use it to make HUGE batches of salsa & tomato sauce for canning (hot pack), and I also use it to make huge batches of applesauce and apple and pear butter, to cook down pumpkin to freeze and also to cook large batches of winter squash to freeze.

Ooooo....that would make it tempting, combined with the other uses from the P.I.G. But i have no idea where I would store it! Maybe I can get it on top of my nesco......hmmmm, gonna have to measure! ;)

Large amounts of ground beef for dinners (or to freeze ahead of time).

I use it at almost every family get together or pot luck. Yes, I double the Tater Tot or Hash Brown Potato Casseroles and add meat, lasagna, scalloped potatoes, from the 13 x 9 recipes and doubled. Then two grills and tons of brats in a beer bath on one grill using the roaster and the other grill fro cooking the brats or burgers even or just a very large grill of course, or a ton of sliced meat, ham, turkey, Italian Beef for sandwiches, pork tenderloin, all with the gravy and easily reheated. Lots of short ribs braised or even regular ribs partially cooked in then on to the grill. Tons of mac n cheese or .... So...

I have a standing pot rack it sits on the floor under the other cookware, before I used it almost daily I kept it under my bed.

1. What are some other uses for the roasting pan?

Aside from roasting meats and vegetables, the roasting pan can also be used for baking casseroles, making lasagna, and even cooking whole chickens or turkeys. It can also be used as a serving dish for large gatherings.

2. Can I use the roasting pan on the stovetop?

It is not recommended to use the roasting pan on a stovetop as it is not designed for direct heat. This can damage the pan and potentially cause harm.

3. How do I clean the roasting pan?

The roasting pan should be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the non-stick coating. For tougher stains, you can soak the pan in warm water before cleaning.

4. Can I use the roasting pan in the oven at high temperatures?

Yes, the roasting pan is designed to withstand high oven temperatures. However, always check the manufacturer's guidelines for the maximum temperature the pan can handle.

5. Is the roasting pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, most roasting pans are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure proper care and maintenance of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Belle4562
  • its_me_susan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • its_me_susan