• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Those Who 'Pre-Cook' Before the Actual Show...

In summary, some hosts do the recipe demo during the show, while others do it before guests arrive. Rae prefers to have the recipe ready and do product demos. She made over $2800 in sales with a show that she pre-made most of the food.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, I have talked w/ several who do their shows a bit differently and actually do less of the recipe during the show, but rather have it ready as guests arrive, so they are eating the yummy recipe WHILE you do your show, talking of how you made it, and the products you used, along w/ demoing some products.

Who here does it this way and do you find it to be better for you,and the customers?

I did it like that yesterday at my Bridal Shower, and my sales were $1300.

My Director has been doing it that way for a couple of months, and she says her sales have increased by 40%. She said they used to not cook at PC shows, only talk about and demo products.

I do it that way most of the time. I find that with the groups that have been to soooo many shows, they actually love it this way. I do have some hosts that insist on doing the recipe demo during the show. The funny thing about these hosts, it is their shows that NOBODY listens to you anyway and you wonder why they wanted you to do it that way. Oh well, I do whichever they want since it is their show, but I prefer doing the "Express" show because it seems like you are out of their in less time.

Some of my hosts prefer to have the recipes ready for when the guests get there.... One host went as far as to say that no one wants to stand around in the kitchen, they would rather talk and go through the catalog.

OK, on this where you cook pre-show, would you cook at the Host House, or at your own, and bring the finished food? I have actually wondered the same thing.I had a show a couple weekends ago, and how the house was set up they had to stand around in the kitchen, and it was packed, and on top of that the Host told them to eat before i got started, so they weren't paying attention very much, and it was really hard for me to concentrate. Plus they didnt get to look at the catalogs then, and had no questions... that sorta thing.. so i didnt think that show went well, but i think it was just that type of situation.. if i would have had it prepared before, it would have gone alot smoother!!so not to steal your thunder Heather, but yeah what should i have done??
Thanks,
Heather-- heehee

I cook at the host's home.

I had a show this afternoon where I brought the salad, let them eat some and while going through the catalog we play the Got it game. There were 5 people in attendance, sold $400, booked 3 shows and 1 fundraiser. The 3 who booked want their show done this way also. I loved it because I like interaction and that is exactly what I got. I got the outline from Business tips - questions for Rae

Thank you Rae, my show was a success.

When I do this, I typically take my dish ready to bake or whatever and do that at the hosts house so that it is ready for guests when we get started. Then, I just do product demos and talk about our products - trying to be completely finished in 30 minutes.

What is the Got It game? Also, how would you do this (prebake everything) if you have a room full of newbies to PC?

I've been doing what I call the "Walk through the Catalog" shows for over a year and a half. Here's a link to a thread where I explain and answer questions. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/?highlight=questions+for+RaeAs for where I cook the recipe, I make it before I usually make it before I leave home. It's the easiest way for me. Occasionally I'll put something together at the host's home, but that's rare. Of course, I'll still do a traditional make-the-recipe-at-the-show party, if that's what the host wants. This is her party, after all.

i have to say i've only done 1 show so far, i made the jerk chicken salad, and i made most of it before hand, my demo itself took around 10 minutes and i made over $2800 in sales! WOO HOO!!! love it

Related to Those Who 'Pre-Cook' Before the Actual Show...

1. What is "pre-cooking" in the context of a Pampered Chef show?

"Pre-cooking" refers to the practice of preparing some or all of the recipes ahead of time before the actual Pampered Chef show takes place. This can involve fully cooking dishes or simply prepping ingredients in advance.

2. Is pre-cooking allowed at Pampered Chef shows?

Yes, pre-cooking is allowed at Pampered Chef shows. In fact, it can be a helpful strategy for saving time and ensuring a smooth and successful demonstration.

3. How much pre-cooking should I do before a Pampered Chef show?

The amount of pre-cooking you do before a Pampered Chef show will depend on your personal preference and the type of recipes you plan to prepare. Some consultants choose to pre-cook all of their dishes, while others prefer to only prep ingredients in advance.

4. Can I pre-cook dishes from the current Pampered Chef catalog?

Yes, you can pre-cook dishes from the current Pampered Chef catalog. However, keep in mind that the purpose of a Pampered Chef show is to demonstrate the products and recipes to guests, so it may be more effective to cook some of the dishes live during the show.

5. What are the benefits of pre-cooking before a Pampered Chef show?

The benefits of pre-cooking before a Pampered Chef show include saving time, reducing stress, and ensuring that the dishes turn out as planned. It also allows you to focus on demonstrating the products and interacting with your guests during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
atpchef
  • middlemamma
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BobbiG
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies