• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Probably Sounds Obvious but ...

In summary, the hosts pay for the order with a credit card and the customer pays with a check or money order.
pamperedchristine
Gold Member
... how do you guys close a show?

I keep ending up having to drive back to the hosts house 4 days later and spend another 2 hours with them to get all the rest of the orders, money, and the hosts order. How can I do this so that it doesn't take another 3 hours of my time (and another night away from my kids)?

Please help!

I would recommend doing it over the phone or via e-mail. It is especially easy when the host has a credit card so she can have the checks written out to her and pay the rest w/ her credit card and just give you the number over the phone. I hope this helps

phone call or emailI usually have the hosts phone me on their closing date. If they have checks they mail them to me that day. Only once or twice have I had to close a show at the hosts home.

Email is good too if it is their order only and they are very busy. I have a lot of professional moms who are hosts and don't have time to sit down.

Phone ClosingsI too do my closings on the phone. 75% of my customer base is 30 miles or more away one way and I would hate to drive that twice. SO, I do all my closings on the phone. I have only had one bad experience. My host's cousin ordered and waited to mail out her check for 2.5 weeks :eek: !! And she was a TOTAL WITCH about sending me the payment. I had no way of getting ahold of her and ended up paying for her stuff. She works across the road from my hubby and I finally got the money, but she was upset that I tried to track her down. I finally told her that she would NOT want me to come into her restraunt and order $30 worth of food and expect her to wait 2.5 weeks to collect the money. THAT SHUT HER UP QUICK!!! :D I had the money the next day!! My host's hubby works with for my hubby and she and I've been friends since college. The host's hubby told mine that he knew that she would be hard to get a payment out of and was furious that his wife had even asked her to order something! :(

Just be careful. I submitted the show without her money because the host is a friend and the guest was her cousin. Not a mistake I'll make again.

oh my gosh!:eek: I feel so silly! We can have the host pay for the entire order with a credit card??
I live in Europe and my customer base is all military. Most people pay individually with a check.
I have a friend that wants to host a show back home but I was thinking how everyone would have to pay by credit card and what a hassle it will be to call them (at a reasonable hour, which would be an unreasonable hour here) and process their order over the phone. Checks would be a pain because I'd have to sit on an order untill all checks were in my mailbox and then cleared with the bank. I don't have a website.
So is that allowed on Pampered Partner that the host pays for everyone? How would I enter this?

I Too Am Overseas:) I Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Am Very New To This. I Had My Mom Do A Catalog Show For Me As One Of My First Shows Because I Am A Military Wife Living On Base In Germany. She Had People Write The Checks To Her, And Then Gave Me Her Debit Card Number And I Charged Them Each To That Card. It Went Through With No Problems. I Have More Catalog Shows Than Kitchen Shows Right Now, So I Hope That This Is An Ok Way To Do Things.

Just As An Extra.....this Site Is Fantastic. I Love It And Am So Glad That I Found It.

Thanks And I Hope That Helps A Little,

Megan :)

i haven;t figured it out perfectly yet, but I know my director does it all of the time, I'll ask her when I talk to her next, but other than that, you can just enter her info the multiple times for each order.

Host paying with CCI have done this a few times. You only need to enter the pmt. once. When you are entering the hosts pmt, just change the $ amt to the proper amt owed and enter the credit card info. It will all balance out. I have never run into a problem doing it this way.

Another thing I do for my hosts is at their show I give them a stamped envelope addressed to me, so they can mail any checks to me. I found this speeds the process up a bit, because it is all done for them already. They just put the checks in and drop it in the mailbox. HTH!

Sherrie
Independent Kitchen Consultant
~3 yrs

I close my shows over the phone or email. I then have the host mail me the orders and checks in an envelope I give them in their host packet. I prefer this method because I like to get the information from the checks of my customers for my client base. Just my preference!

Host paying with CCIn the policy and procedures it says something about using the same card # for multiple orders. The way my director told me to do it is to enter everyone's order, but not to enter in any payment info for the guest orders and when you enter the Host's order it will automatically have the balance owed by the host already figured up. It is located on the bottom of the right hand side of the host order screen under Host Benefits Summary. It says "Show balance owed by Host." If you don't enter in any payment info for your guest then their totals will be added to the host total and be listed there!

HTH

Credit Card
kitty said:
:eek: I feel so silly! We can have the host pay for the entire order with a credit card??
I live in Europe and my customer base is all military. Most people pay individually with a check.
I have a friend that wants to host a show back home but I was thinking how everyone would have to pay by credit card and what a hassle it will be to call them (at a reasonable hour, which would be an unreasonable hour here) and process their order over the phone. Checks would be a pain because I'd have to sit on an order untill all checks were in my mailbox and then cleared with the bank. I don't have a website.
So is that allowed on Pampered Partner that the host pays for everyone? How would I enter this?

I do not think you can pay for an entire show on one credit card. I think this issue is address specifically in the Recipe for Success.

I have done it!As long the show is submitted as ONE charge it is ok. If you try to charge to CC for multiple orders, it will be red flagged and held up. At least that is what my director told me.

The show that I did this for was only a little over $300, but it went through just fine! Just enter in each guest's order without payment info and then enter in the host's order. When entering in the host's payment info, enter in the total that appears under the Host Benefits Summary at the bottom and it will work.

Thank you everyone for your help! I'm going to try to close teh show I just did tonight via mail/phone. I hope it works easy enough!

Thanks again!

I always close over the phone. It helps if you have the host's wish list entered in PP ahead of time then you can just figure out how you can maximize her benefits.

I have also had the host pay for hers and other guests orders with one cc payment. As someone else mentioned, the screen under the hosts order will show "Show Balance owed by Host" and you just enter the payment for that amount.

ConfusedWhen you use the host's credit card to pay for the entire show, so you submit the order to PC and then go back and enter individual payments on each customer's account? If I am reading the posts correctly, all of the guest orders would not reflect a payment, but the hosts receipt would reflect a large overpayment. :confused:

That is it exactly.It is nothing for one person to charge several orders to their credit card. I simply put in the total of what is owed for the three orders under the person who is paying for them. they have a large overpayment and the other orders show nothing paid. As long as the show balances in the end, it does not matter how the payments go in.
And I to question the ENTIRE show being placed on the host's credit card. I had a show five weeks ago where we sent through the entire balance due on the host's credit card on the host's order and the home office said NO. I asked about using the same card and showing that certain people paid using that card, they again said NO, as it was still the same card.
We had to have at least two types of payments on the show. So, I got the cash from her for about 1/4 of the show and did a debit from my PC card for that amount then did the rest on her credit card.
So???
I still think the policy is that there can not be one payment made on one card for an ENTIRE show. You can put a hefty balance on it but there needs to be some other form(s) of payment. Even if one other person uses their credit card to pay for their order, it will not be flagged and will go through if the balance is placed on the hosts card.
I actually have closed shows via the web site. I have one host who loves collecting the additional outside orders then enters them through the web site simply by keying in her own name. The last thing she does is calls me and says "I am done, here is what I want", after I tell her where she is standing, then she simply mails whatever to me. I have never spent more than $15 minutes on the phone with my hosts.
Now I want to ask something of the person who was waiting for a payment from a guest. WHY WHERE YOU TAKING THAT RESPOSIBILITY? That is the resposibilty of the host. The host is supposed to collect ALL the payments, not you. If soemthing was not paid for in a timely fashion, you simply tell the host that the order has not been paid for so if they wish it to stay on their show, they need to cover that cost and collect it from the guest. It is not your problem!!!!!
You let the host decide if the order will be dropped from the show. And believe me, they are on the phone to that guest especially if the order will effect their benefits. Payments for orders should never, ever, EVER be your responsibilty. You simple tell the host how much they owe you. (Bottom right hand side of the guest order screen. When they ask why, you ask, did you not get the payment from So and So? Make it their resposibilty. Make absolutely sure you tell your host when you leave that party, who has NOT paid and that they need to get that money from them.
Simple as that.

Last edited:

1. What is "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." all about?

"This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." is a collection of simple and clever kitchen tips, tricks, and hacks that will make your cooking and baking experience easier and more efficient.

2. Who is the author of "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..."?

The author of "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." is Pampered Chef's own in-house experts, who have years of experience in the kitchen and are passionate about sharing their knowledge with others.

3. Are the tips in "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." suitable for all skill levels?

Yes, the tips in "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." are suitable for all skill levels. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced cook, you'll find something useful and inspiring in this collection.

4. Can I find these tips elsewhere or are they exclusive to "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..."?

While some of the tips in "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." may be common knowledge, many of them are unique and original. They have been tested and perfected by our in-house experts and are not widely available elsewhere.

5. Is "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." available in any other formats besides a book?

Currently, "This Probably Sounds Obvious but ..." is only available in book format. However, some of the tips may also be featured in our cooking classes and demonstrations, as well as on our website and social media platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ThePamperedMommy
  • murkey