• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Is so Tacky, I Could Just Spit

In summary, the hostess is having a show with a Scentsy rep and she is uncomfortable telling her no. The Scentsy rep is now part of the package and the hostess is struggling to get around this. There is no way the host can get around this without alienating the Scentsy rep.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I have a show this Friday with a great hostess. She booked off her friend, who was also a hostess with me about 2 months ago. The friend sells Scentsy and has struggled for a couple of reasons: 1) her personality is "can you just BUY this from me???" --way too pushy and whining, and 2) where I live there are a gajillion Scentsy reps. She (the friend) has continually asked me to "share my booths with her" (um, no), have a party (um, no) and recommend her to my hosts (um, no).

So I call to host coach the host for this Friday night and she tells me the Scentsy rep is now part of the package, that she felt uncomfortable telling her no she couldn't bring her scentsy stuff and set up. I told her that people are only going to spend so much money, and I was concerned with the smells mixing with the smells of the food, and she totally agrees with me, but doesn't want to hurt her friend's feelings. There's no way I can get around this without alienating the Scentsy rep, who is a past host too. I am P**ssed off to say the least.

I'd be mad too! The guests have been invited to a Pampered Chef Cooking Show, not a combined show. I think the other rep would be mad if you invited yourself to do a demo at one of her shows. Maybe since she's one of your past hosts you could do a conference call with both of them on the line and explain how, in your experience, this will not be a good thing for either consultant or the host as far as host benefits go and how the guests might feel overwhelmed when they walk in and see a second consultant. That it should be 2 different shows spaced apart for pay period purposes to be the most successful for everyone involved.

:eek:Oh, I would not be happy, either. Since it won't change, I guess all you can do is go with it. If the Scensy gal is pushy, maybe you'll get more business!

I personally would just tell her the truth. You put in your time and money for her party and that you would like it to stay that way.

(((Hugs)))I like Sheila's idea of a conference call. That way there's shared blame, so to speak. You could tell the past host that it's your company policy not to do combined shows. And since it's your own business, the policy can be whatever you want.

Yup, time to be POed.

I'm non-confrontational. You know your host was put in a tough spot by the Scentsy rep. No need for you to make her feel even more torn. Obviously she doesn't really want to focus on Scentsy. You've probably already thought of this, but work with her to make sure PC stays the focus of the show. Perhaps she can put the Scentsy woman in another room, even using the excuse of not getting the food and candle scents to co-mingle. Make sure you're the only one doing a demo and getting time to speak in front of all of the guests. If the host approaches it as "oh yeah, and by the way there's a Scentsy person in the other room" hopefully you'll still get a good show. Most of the guests probably already know the other rep. and know why she doesn't have a good biz.

Uggg I would be frustrated too!

I had a very successful show earlier this month. I traded parties with my friend who does Passion Parties. At her show, I did the PC demo and started closing. Then some guests asked her about Passion Parties, and she did a mini demo (which was great cause I got a preview for my upcoming show). Everyone also knew that she sold candles. BUT none of her items were discussed until I was closing my show.

Would that work in your situation? Have the Scentsy rep set up in a separate room (due to the candle smells not mixing well with cooking smells) and when you finish your demo the host can let the guest know there is a 2nd demo if they are interested.

As a guest I would be unhappy that I was invited to a Pampered Chef Party and had Scentsy added in. I do not like candle parties. All of the candle smells give me massive headaches.

My plan is to basically be polite to the Scentsy rep but blow by her--doing the Bacon Linguine tomato toss and Apple Cobbler in the DCB--both show stoppers, and I will be the funniest I have ever been. I will be animated and talk--a LOT!

I'm just blown away by how rude the whole thing is with the Scentsy rep.

I had a host ask me a month ago if I "minded" a jewelry person bringing her stuff to her PC party (a "friend") and I flat out said yes I do mind and explained the reasons. If she wants to have a PC party, make it a pc party but it's not YOUR fault that she can't tell her friend how she feels about it. It's tacky, bad business and both of you will suffer for it, in time and energy. I'd back out of the show and reschedule when it's "not so much of a conflict".

Last week one of my PC friends lost her voice & asked me to be her voice for her show. I agreed only to find Scentsy set up when we got there. I asked my friend if she knew ahead of time & she said they just kinda of put it out there last minute. Had I known before I would have said no! The Scentsy reps did set up in the dinning room while I did "our" show in the kitchen but people where back & forth the whole time & I found it very distracting. We were there for 4 hours & managed to snag a whoopin $175. in sales that we had agreed to split before hand. I couldn't ask my friend to split $175 in sales. What a mess! The host did manage to get $300 in sales before closing her show so not all was lost. We had over an hr in travel time, gas & my friend provide the ingredients for the show so my friend might have broken even in the end. What was worse is they expected her to book a Scentsy party.

1. What is "This Is so Tacky, I Could Just Spit" all about?

"This Is so Tacky, I Could Just Spit" is a cookbook by Pampered Chef that features fun and creative recipes for snacks, appetizers, and party foods. It also includes tips and tricks for hosting the perfect party or get-together.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "This Is so Tacky, I Could Just Spit" are designed to be easy and accessible for all skill levels. They use common ingredients and simple techniques to create delicious and impressive dishes.

3. Can I use these recipes for special dietary needs?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs and restrictions. We have options for gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb diets, among others.

4. Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to make these recipes?

While some of the recipes do use Pampered Chef products, they can easily be substituted with similar tools or equipment. The focus is on the recipes themselves, not the specific products.

5. Is "This Is so Tacky, I Could Just Spit" only for parties?

No, the cookbook is not just for parties. While it does include many recipes and tips for hosting events, the recipes can also be enjoyed for everyday meals and snacks. It's all about making food fun and delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • stefani2
  • General Chat
Replies