• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

thePrice Is Right - My Daughter Is Going Today!

In summary, my daughter is going to be in the audience for the 2 taping of the Price is Right show. She is excited and excited to see if she is picked to participate. She is also excited to see her old friend from when she visited 6 years ago.
jwpamp
My daughter flew into LA last night to attend the afternoon taping today of The Price is Right! She is sooooo excited. My niece who lives there got a cluster of tickets and invited her to go with.

I will let you know if she ends up in the 'front row' but not sure how that all works.

She sooooo needs a new car. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

How cool! I hope she gets to participate! Let us know!

Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Janice;

What is your daughter's name? I will listen for her.

The way I understand how they pick their contestents is they have people from the show talk to everyone in the line waiting to get in, and personality is a plus, also if you travelled a distance to get there, and if you are a college student, I am sure there are other reasons they pick people, but those are the ones that I have heard about.

HTH

tell her to be super duper animated and excited when they interview her and to be completely over the top. Those are the people they choose!

I will let you know when it is scheduled to run. I think they are taped a month or two in advance.

Have her wear her college sweatshirt!!

Janice - hope she gets picked - I had a friend go out there about 10 years ago specifically to be a contestant - she was picked - got to contestant row - won there and then got to play the yodeler's game (guy going up mountain) - didn't win but had a lot of fun - it was her dream since she was younger to meet Bob Barker and get on the show. I'm sure it would be fun being in the audience as well.

Tell her to get there SUPER EARLY. They give away more tickets then they have seats for.

How cool, I love The Price is Right. I would so love to be on that show. I work with a girl whose niece won a car on the show, and the show shipped it to her in Oklahoma. I hope she gets on contestant row and wins, and it would be so cool to win the show case show down.

Well, she had an AMAZING time! She wasn't called up on stage, but she had so much fun at the 1pm taping that they stayed for the 2nd taping at 4pm.

So she will be on 2 programs. She said that on the January 6th show she will be in the row RIGHT BEHIND THE CONTESTANTS!! You can see her the whole time.

The 2nd taping will air on January 7th and she is way in the back. Although there is a woman near her who gets picked, so we may see her in that clip.

The woman that sat near her and was picked had good vibes. My daughter had gone into the bathroom to change between tapings and left my mother's necklace that I gave to her when my mom passed away earlier this month on the counter. This lady saw it and gave it back to her. You don't know how much that meant to my daughter. Well, then the woman was picked and played Plinko....how cool!

Oh, on the Jan 6th show she had the "Hoosiers Love Drew" shirt on~

That's cool, Janice! :)

What an experience I'm sure she'll never forget!! And how lucky that she got to play PLINKO -- did she win much?? Do they really have to pay taxes before they leave?

I have always wanted to go on the price is right. But I have to admit, I can't stand to watch it with Drew. I just odn't like him.

Did they interview everyone in the audience like people have said? Were the ones picked super animated, or is that a old wives tale? We want details! lol
That's awesome that she was at the taping. Be sure to remind us when it's coming up, and what clothes she's wearing. :)

Wow Janice that is awesome!

We went out to LA about 6 years ago. I so wanted to go to the Price Is Right which was filming when we were out there. I wanted to go for my B-day, but it was our first full day there and we were visiting my sister. I didn't think she would appreciate me being gone all day!

I'm sorry your daughter didn't win a car, but how cool to see it in person:)!

Related to thePrice Is Right - My Daughter Is Going Today!

What is "The Price Is Right"?

"The Price Is Right" is a long-running game show where contestants compete to guess the prices of various products and win cash and prizes.

How does someone become a contestant on "The Price Is Right"?

To become a contestant on "The Price Is Right", you must first obtain tickets to attend a taping of the show. These tickets are free and can be requested online. Then, during the show, audience members are selected at random to "come on down" and play the games.

How does the game work?

There are various games played on "The Price Is Right", but most involve guessing the price of a product. If the contestant's guess is within a certain range of the actual price, they win the product. Contestants can also win cash and prizes by spinning a big wheel or playing bonus games.

What should my daughter wear and bring to the taping?

Contestants on "The Price Is Right" are encouraged to wear bright, colorful clothing that will stand out on camera. It is also recommended to wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of standing and walking involved. Your daughter should also bring a valid ID and any necessary paperwork provided by the show.

What are the chances of winning on "The Price Is Right"?

The chances of being selected as a contestant on "The Price Is Right" are random and cannot be predicted. However, the show does have a team of producers who carefully select a diverse group of contestants for each taping. The chances of actually winning a game on the show depend on the contestant's luck and skill in guessing the prices of the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
PCMelissa
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab