• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Technically Challenged & Desperate!

I think should be!)leggy is struggling to move imported pictures in a Word 2007 document and is seeking help. Despite trying different options and reading the help section, she has not been successful and is feeling frustrated and pressed for time. Suggestions have been made to use text boxes and adjust the text wrapping, but leggy is still struggling and may have to resort to working on the project late into the night.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I am working on something using Word 2007. I have imported pictures, but I can't move them exactly to where I want them.

I knew how to do it using the previous MS Office version, but for the life of me, can't figure it out now. I have searched and read the 'help' section, but to no avail.

Anyone out there that can help? (I'm really kinda desperate, wasting way too much time on what should be easy, or at least I think should be!)

leggy

legacypc46 said:
I am working on something using Word 2007. I have imported pictures, but I can't move them exactly to where I want them.

I knew how to do it using the previous MS Office version, but for the life of me, can't figure it out now. I have searched and read the 'help' section, but to no avail.

Anyone out there that can help? (I'm really kinda desperate, wasting way too much time on what should be easy, or at least I think should be!)

leggy

Can't access my Word 2007 at the moment, but if I'm not mistaken...

You should be able to click the pic and a Picture (?) Ribbon will appear at the top. You should have all sorts of options to work with your graphic.

Change the text wrapping to anything but in line with text (I think) and you should be able to move it around. Depending on what you select for text wrapping will cause the layout to adjust accordingly.

Is that what you needed?

I always put mine in a text box then make the lines of the box as "no color"

I would have suggested the same thing as Kam. Don't know what you could do with the text box, except I'm looking at Word 2007, and there seems to be the same "Text Wrapping" option in the Format tab that appears when you click on the Text Box.

Are you creating something just for yourself? Do you have PowerPoint? I know it's not really meant for that purpose, but I often create flyers in PowerPoint, because I find it easier to move stuff around and exactly where I want it. And, with Word 2007 you have to option to Save As PDF, so you can create a version that anyone can open.

I must have someting in my 'defaults' that I don't know about. I have taken the pictures and tried each of the 'wrap text' options. I've also tried creating a text box for each of the pics and that failed too.

I'll continue trying to figure this out. :( Thank you though, for helping. (As they say in the movies: its me, not you!)

Noora,
I'm working on a major project for school. It's a compilation of recipes (in a program for pastry chef certification). I've done all the 'background work'...now it's just a matter of cutting and pasteng.

I did try going over to PP, but again, I was used to old format. I've already lost so much time, that I don't want to have to restart what I have managed to complete.

This kills me, since I use to knock out flyers for PC all the time. Sigh. (Don't suppose having a glass of wine would help much either!)

etteluap70PC said:

OK, text boxes should move freely about when you change the wrapping...

Have you tried just pasting the graphic/image right into the word doc (and not in a text box?) and try adjusting the text wrapping? It probably is not necessary to put the graphic in a text box...

Of course, if I had started this sooner, I wouldn't be desperate. :eek:

Oh, the joys of going back to school at 49! I sense a midnight session tonight.:rolleyes:

Have you tried "In front of text" as a wrapping option? You should be able to move the text box anywhere.

Oh, and are you clicking the Text Box and not the image inside?

kam said:
OK, text boxes should move freely about when you change the wrapping...

Have you tried just pasting the graphic/image right into the word doc (and not in a text box?) and try adjusting the text wrapping? It probably is not necessary to put the graphic in a text box...

I have done it both ways, just depends on what I need.

legacypc46 said:

leggy

Not sure if you have PowerPoint available to you, but this is the exact reason I don't do much other than writing text only documents in Word. PowerPoint is much more user friendly for documents where you need to move pictures around.

I think you guys may have helped! Will know in a few minutes once I add some more text and pics...

Ooops, I got confused with the posts...I was think that leggy had put the image in a text box and couldn't move it...sorry Paulette.

OK..leggy, how did you put the images into the Word Doc?

Also, try changing text wrapping for a single image (not sure if you were trying to chnage multiple images at one time).

etteluap70PC said:

me too - easy way

Almost solved. Most of the photos go at the bottom of each recipe, showing the various steps. I'm able to fanagle them into position.

The top one is giving me fits. It goes near the top of the page, showing the completed item. It keeps wanted to move to the very very top (and sometimes onto the previous page). I pull it down and back it goes. I checked, and don't have the 'snap' features on.

Kam, I insert the pictures using the "insert" then "picture" feature.

By the way, you guys rock!

legacypc46 said:
Almost solved. Most of the photos go at the bottom of each recipe, showing the various steps. I'm able to fanagle them into position.

The top one is giving me fits. It goes near the top of the page, showing the completed item. It keeps wanted to move to the very very top (and sometimes onto the previous page). I pull it down and back it goes. I checked, and don't have the 'snap' features on.

Kam, I insert the pictures using the "insert" then "picture" feature.

By the way, you guys rock!

Sometimes if Text Wrapping is set to Tight, the picture seems to have a mind of its own. It seems to "fight" with the text placement.

Thanks. I know I'm probably not doing it the easiest way, but it is coming together.

Thank you again for answering my plea. Chef Success is the best. :)

sometimes it easier to just set-up a table and everything is all nice and lined-up evenly

When you right click the image to edit the text wrapping, there is also an option to check called "move object with text". Uncheck that and sometimes that will help with the images "moving" on you when you shift text around.

I like using Publisher for these type of documents, never had much success with Word

Can I just say that you all are my heros? Most of what was said here went flying over my head - which is why I don't even attempt to make my own flyers! It's great to know if I do decide to take the risk, there are people who'll help.By the way, and this doesn't seem necessary now, but I just 'discovered' a free 'remote hands' site. It must be trustworthy, because my IT guy used it to figure out a problem I was having this past Monday when I was working from home. It's TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet. I mention this because next time someone who is more tech savvy may be able to just go in and fix the problem for you.

What is "Technically Challenged & Desperate!"?

"Technically Challenged & Desperate!" is a special program and collection of products designed to help those who struggle with technology and feel overwhelmed with the constantly changing digital world. It offers simple and easy-to-use tools and tips to make technology more manageable and less intimidating.

Who can benefit from "Technically Challenged & Desperate!"?

Anyone who feels overwhelmed or frustrated with technology can benefit from this program. It is especially helpful for older individuals, those with limited tech experience, or anyone who is not comfortable with the latest gadgets and devices.

What products are included in "Technically Challenged & Desperate!"?

The program includes a variety of products, such as a user-friendly tablet, a simple smartphone, a digital assistant, and other helpful tools and gadgets. These products are specifically chosen for their ease of use and user-friendly features.

Do I need to be tech-savvy to use "Technically Challenged & Desperate!"?

No, the whole point of this program is to make technology more accessible and less daunting for those who are not tech-savvy. The products and tools included are designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate, even for beginners.

Is there any training or support provided with "Technically Challenged & Desperate!"?

Yes, along with the products, the program also includes step-by-step guides and tutorials to help users get comfortable with their devices. There is also a support team available to answer any questions or troubleshoot any issues that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Chefstover2
  • General Chat
Replies