• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tech Issue- Why Do I Keep Getting App Update Error?

In summary, the user is having trouble submitting an order due to an error message. The user is reinstalling the program in hopes of resolving the issue.
clshirk
I've not had to submit an order in a few weeks at least and so I'm trying to submit one today and when I try to do application updates by the pull down menu up top or the automatic application updates that occur when submiting an order, I get an ' APplication Update error". Then it tells me my submission of the order failed. I am pretty sure that something isn't updating like it's supposed to, hence why it won't let me submit, but it doesn't give me any way to diagnose the error.
Any ideas?

Did you try what I posted earlier about rebooting and after you try an update and it fails, make sure P3 is killed in task manager AND javaw.exe (all instances) and try again?

yeah- I killed it all and turned the whole system off for 2 hours and turned it back on with no luck. So I'm currently reinstalling the program to see if it just didn't want to grab the new updates today.

Problem solved- reinstalling did it for me.

Good for you!

Ugh, I just figured out why it was such a big update - sales tax rates are changing all over the place!

Good, that is always the next option. Every once in awhile updates are a little screwy...

A few months ago, mine would ABSOLUTELY not update until I turned off Windows firewall. Everything PC was set to be allowed in the firewall settings, and I thought the PC tech support guy was nuts, at first.

Today the firewall is on, and the update went fine - go figure!

Oh yeah, I tried taking off my firewall too for 15 minutes, it didn't work. I get so annoyed when I have to do that to make certain things load b/c I don't understand why and you hate to risk invasions and such, but I guess these systems can get so screwy. The website that has our house listed won't load unless I take off my firewall, wierd.

This happened to me too and when I called HO, the very useful and friendly tech guy told me to download the application update from CC.

It worked and didn't take all night to download (as I have dial-up, I had left my computer on all night to download from PP and it hadn't even worked!! :grumpy:)

Go to: "Managing my business" - "My shows" - "PamperedPartner", then on the left, click on the update link and save it to your computer and then open that file once the download is complete and it should work for you.....I hope! ;)

Hey.... this is post 500 for me! Cool! :cool:

1. Why am I getting an app update error?

There are a few possible reasons for this error, including a poor internet connection, insufficient storage space on your device, or a bug in the app itself. Try troubleshooting these issues to see if it resolves the error.

2. How can I fix the app update error?

First, try restarting your device and then attempting the update again. If that doesn't work, try clearing the cache and data for the app in your device's settings. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If the error persists, contact our customer service for further assistance.

3. Is there a way to prevent this app update error?

While some app update errors are unavoidable, you can minimize the chances of encountering them by regularly updating your device's operating system and keeping your apps up-to-date. You can also make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection when attempting to update the app.

4. Can I still use the app while the update error is occurring?

If the error is preventing you from accessing the app, unfortunately, you will not be able to use it until the issue is resolved. However, if the error is only occurring during the update process, you may still be able to use the app while our team works on a fix.

5. How long does it usually take to fix an app update error?

The time it takes to fix an app update error can vary, depending on the cause of the issue. In some cases, our team may be able to resolve the error quickly, while in others it may take longer. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve any technical issues with our app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc ri lisa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • thecougchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • NooraK