• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tech Support Unable to Resolve FPV Issue, What Now?

In summary, the consultant's host is trying to get $500 worth of product value and has had trouble with the last two data updates. The consultant's host is waiting for Tech Supp to call them back so that they can resolve the issue.
jrstephens
I called Tech Supp and they wanted me to do the data update first and then call them back. Did the update and it still shows NO FVP. Now it is after 11 and they are closed for the weekend.

My host wanted to submit tomorrow, but oh well! She is trying to get $64 to get to $500 , so, she may need more time. Let's hope so b/c I hate to tell her I can't submit her show.

Have u ever had this happen before? I put the disk in that came with the CO kit not thinking about that it updates automatically online. I guess that did it, but do not know and will now have to wait until Monday to be able to talk to Tech Supp again! UHHHH!:mad:

I just looked and all of my prior shows are showing no FPV too! This is so weird!

What is FPV?

had this happen to a consultant of mine, it was explained to me that the last time she got an update it was incomplete, and every time she tried after that, it wouldn't update, so they had to send her an email fix, and that worked, guess you will have to wait till Monday

Sarah, thank you! Wow...that would be strange to have happen as you tried to finalize an order. Blech! Hope you get it fixed soon, Jennifer!

I just had this happen the other night after the last PP3 update. I went back to add something to the show I had entered and the FPV and all the products were not showing up!!! Tech Support had to look at it and then they were able to patch a "fix" to me. I did it over the phone with them - fortunately before they closed. They said there were only a few consultants that were affected and they were trying to find the "common" thing with them.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one and that others have gotten it fixed easily.

Mine will not complete an update after the last one that did this either. It acts like it downloads it and then and error screen pops up.

I had this happen and they ended up having to send me a fix too. I was glad to hear that I wasn't alone, I was without P3 for almost a week (the weekend played a big roll in losing time).

One of the suggestions that they told me to do was to go to CC and download from their sight. You may want to try then Jennifer to see if it clears up the problem.

The version I am now running is 2.2.10.

Jennifer - if you are in a rush, back up your P3 data to a file, uninstall P3, reinstall for the link on CC then re-import your data file.

Since my host has not called to submit, I am ok for now. I may go to the website and see about dowloading updates from there - I have never done that before.

I think i will be ok as long as it is fixed by Monday. I talked to my host last night and she needs $66 to get to $500 and she was going to call a few people that did not show and take it to work on Monday. I think she will be ready by Mon b/c she was ready for her stuff and already talking about all the outdoor stuff she wants in MArch.

janetupnorth said:
Jennifer - if you are in a rush, back up your P3 data to a file, uninstall P3, reinstall for the link on CC then re-import your data file.

If I do a backup now, when I restore when it is fixed will the backup automatically be fixed?

I was wondering b/c I backed up before this show and thought about backing up to include this show in case they had to delete anything, then I would have it on backup. but was worried about the backup being corrupted too.

I'd wait for HO on this Jennifer just to be safe. I thought about it somemore and if I were you I would call them first thing Monday morning. If it's like the problem I had my backup was bad too and had to wait for tech support to tell me to do another update that fixed it all. Good luck!

Well, I called them. After wanting to shoot:D that tech support guy that treated me like I did not no back from front and he realized I knew what I was talking about, we got a long alright!

He emailed me a link to download and install and scheduled to call me back in 30 minutes b/c I asked him if there was anyway for me to not have to call back and hold for 45 MINUTES! Well, the download did not work. Actually, made it worse, I could not access my shows AT ALL.

So, he took my database out of P3 and had me uninstall and reinstall it. He was to call me back in 30 minutes. Will 3 hours later I called HO and had to hold for 30 minutes to be told he would call me back. Which he finally did. He then copied my database into the newly installed P3 and it worked fine.

I got home last night and went to submit my samply and supply order and gets ERROR messages that it will not submit and if it continues to call HO. Well, it continued, so, I will be calling them AGAIN today!

UHH!! At least my boss will be leaving to be out of the office for a few hours soon and I can do it from here. I have DSL at work and of course it goes so much faster than if I was having to download stuff on my home dial up.

So, I got one problem fixed but have another one!

I am so sorry you are having all of these problems, Jennifer. I know the problems I had and they appear to be fixed as of last Thursday. I have not opened P3 since last night and after reading the other thread I hope when I open it again this afternoon (trying to close a show) all of the new issues will be resolved. keep me posted.

I will post here when I get it solved. I dread calling knowing there is another problem. I bet the hold time is worse today. And I have not gotten the option for a call back the last several times I called. Maybe they just do that with Solution Center and not Tech Sup.

I only had to hold about 15 minutes, YAHOO!! He told me to download the latest update(which I did last night). I told him I knew about the red dots and hoped that didn't happen, HAHA! It worked after the update! YAHOO! I submitted my Sample and Supply order and checked my current show and there are no red dots.

jrstephens said:
I will post here when I get it solved. I dread calling knowing there is another problem. I bet the hold time is worse today. And I have not gotten the option for a call back the last several times I called. Maybe they just do that with Solution Center and not Tech Sup.

When I was dealing with tech support last week and the long waits there was never an option for call back.:(

jrstephens said:
I only had to hold about 15 minutes, YAHOO!! He told me to download the latest update(which I did last night). I told him I knew about the red dots and hoped that didn't happen, HAHA! It worked after the update! YAHOO! I submitted my Sample and Supply order and checked my current show and there are no red dots.

Your solution and problem sounds so much like what I went through last week, Jennifer. The last update they had me do fixed my problem. Now to go on soon to P3 and see if I have red dot issues. Hopefully I won't.

Glad to hear that you were able to order your samples and supplies!:chef:

pamperedharriet said:
Your solution and problem sounds so much like what I went through last week, Jennifer. The last update they had me do fixed my problem. Now to go on soon to P3 and see if I have red dot issues. Hopefully I won't.

Glad to hear that you were able to order your samples and supplies!:chef:

Did they give you any idea what caused the problem?

ChefBeckyD said:
Did they give you any idea what caused the problem?

I don't know about Harriet but they never said a word to me about what caused it. I had a hard time convincing them I even had a problem to begin with, HA!:D

At first they wouldn't admit that there was a problem. Wasn't till about the 3 or 4th call did they acknowledge that something was wrong that some consulants got a bad update. I finally had to send them my file and they gave it to the developers and then called me 2 days later to do another update and it got fixed. Very weird!

1. What is a P3 Show?

A P3 Show is a virtual cooking party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It allows guests to interact, learn about new products, and shop from the comfort of their own homes.

2. Why am I not seeing any FPV during the show?

FPV, or first-person view, is not available during P3 Shows. This is because the consultant is using a pre-recorded video to showcase the products and provide demonstrations.

3. Can I still ask questions during the show?

Absolutely! While there is no live video during P3 Shows, the consultant will be available to answer any questions you may have in the chat section.

4. How do I place an order during the show?

You can place an order by clicking on the "shop now" button on the video screen and adding products to your cart. You can also reach out to the consultant for assistance.

5. Is there a way to re-watch the show if I missed something?

Yes, the P3 Show will be available for replay for a limited time after the original airing. You can also contact the consultant for any further questions or information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • vgibsonrn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bridgetbakes