• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Team Christmas Party--Inappropriate Behavior

In summary, the sister consultant had a new consultant over and he brought his wife. The first thing she did was give everyone cups of Mona Vie, which made the other consultants very uncomfortable. The wife then started talking about how great Mona Vie was and how everyone should drink it. The husband sat on the other side of the room and didn't seem to mind. None of the other consultants were able to engage her in conversation, and she left shortly after.
chefkathy
We had our team Christmas party last night. A sister consultant had a new consultant there (he just signed). He brought his wife as well.

I walk in and this couple is are the only ones there along with my director and the director whose house we are at. The first thing the wife does to me is shoves a cup of MonaVie in my hand. I said no thank you and tried to figure out who she was (hadn't even introduced herself yet). I ask her name and ask her how long she's been with us and she says one year. :confused::confused: I look at our host/director and she is confused as I am in all of this.

Anyway, so the night goes on and she offers a cup to EVERYONE who shows up and is totally talking it up, much like we would talk about our products if we were at a fair, at a show, etc. You know, you get into "the zone" so to speak.

I took huge offense to what she was doing and moved to the other side of the room.
1. This was our Christmas party. We barely even talked PC business--why would we want to talk about yours?
2. You are a guest, lady.
3. No one is interested!

It was so inappropriate, but no one said anything to her. I think we were all dumbfounded. They were one of the first people to leave and she passed around a stack of her cards as she left. When the stack got to me, I threw them in the trash.

YUCK YUCK YUCK

WOW! I'm getting less and less surprised at people's behavior these days, but that was way out of line.

Well Deb, you said it best a while back: Some people have no filter.I will add that I did hear from two consultants who rep other companies that I will not mention by name (PL & MK :devil:) who were trained by their managers to piggy back onto ANYTHING Pampered Chef does because we have the most success. So if there is a PC party that you know of, even if you aren't directly invited, GET THERE and promote your biz. I can't believe in good conscience that the home offices condone this kind of behavior but these two consultants were so green they didn't know that it was poor etiquette. Just goes to show that the other companies are DESPERATE!!!!And, what is Monavie? Do I dare ask? And was the husband okay with her behavior?

Mona Vie--some stupid overpriced drink made with the acai berry.Hubby was sitting on the other side of the room and I didn't get a read on it from him.

Was anyone engaging her in conversation??? Didn't she realize?? Unbelievable.
It nevers stops amazing me how inappropriate people can be.

I would send out an email asking that all PC meetings (especially since it is ONCE a month) are for PC business only.

ok for anyone who hasn't had the sh--t stuffed in there face yet--take it from me if you are healthy you WILL SH--T YOURSELF---LMAO---don't Drink it

LOL!! Morfia you are too funny!

Isn't that the stuff they bottle like it's wine?

Chef Kearns said:
LOL!! Morfia you are too funny!

Isn't that the stuff they bottle like it's wine?

Yes, it looks like a wine bottle.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, it looks like a wine bottle.

That's a total disgrace against the wine industry!

morfia said:
ok for anyone who hasn't had the sh--t stuffed in there face yet--take it from me if you are healthy you WILL SH--T YOURSELF---LMAO---don't Drink it

Tell it like it is Morfia!!!!
XOXOXO

Sorry the wife was inappropriate but that is like having one bad PC consultant ruin the PC reputation. I am a HUGE fan of Monavie...yes, at first it may make you go to the bathroom! depending on what your body is used too, BUT it has amazing benefits also. It is expensive but if you consider what has does for some people (not everyone, it is like everything else, just cuz it works for some, etc) I sure you can pay just as much for prescription medications...i have seen people go off medications for blood pressure, diabetes, etc...and many other things as well.
Just have to share the other side....i don't mean to make waves~

morfia said:

That is just hilarious and made me laugh out loud.:)

dannyzmom said:
Tell it like it is Morfia!!!!
XOXOXO
thanks for the permission---Just to prove to my sis-I tried it again--another well you get the jist!

I know that those who love it really love it, but I think it tastes like yesterday's cough syrup, LOL. I know it is supposed to have awesome health benefits, but I do have a tough time with them proposing that it will "heal" autism (I've had 4 consultants of theirs swear this). And after I have the heart attack at the cost it better have awesome health benefits. More power to them that love it, though. Just not for us.

I have a SIL and BIL selling this and while they talk about it's health benefits, they talk more about the money they're making and are going to make. The company founders are former Amway folks, so their business model is pure pyramid.

The bottles go for around $40 each...unless of course you sign up and then you get a personal discount of around $25 per bottle when you buy 3 cases(!). Then the bottles are free when you sign a certain number of people. Their business promotional material is all about wealth: fancy cars, huge homes, luxury items. So, even if the health benefits are there, it's hard to get past the slimey scheminess of it. (My apologies if I offend any MV fans here.)

The SIL/BIL have been courting me for awhile...saying since I had such success with PC, I should make lots of $$$ with them. DH and I just shake our heads; they don't get it. If we were motivated by money, we wouldn't have spent 20+ years in the military! I like PC because it isn't about the fast buck.

legacypc46 said:
I have a SIL and BIL selling this and while they talk about it's health benefits, they talk more about the money they're making and are going to make. The company founders are former Amway folks, so their business model is pure pyramid.

The bottles go for around $40 each...unless of course you sign up and then you get a personal discount of around $25 per bottle when you buy 3 cases(!). Then the bottles are free when you sign a certain number of people. Their business promotional material is all about wealth: fancy cars, huge homes, luxury items. So, even if the health benefits are there, it's hard to get past the slimey scheminess of it. (My apologies if I offend any MV fans here.)

The SIL/BIL have been courting me for awhile...saying since I had such success with PC, I should make lots of $$$ with them. DH and I just shake our heads; they don't get it. If we were motivated by money, we wouldn't have spent 20+ years in the military! I like PC because it isn't about the fast buck.

well stated!

I can just imagine your director's reaction....although she's too nice to throw her out -- I wouldn't have been so nice.

One of the greatest perks of being a PC director is being able to tell reps of other businesses that I love my PC business, and as a director I am contractually obligated not to represent other direct sales businesses.

pc_cindy said:
One of the greatest perks of being a PC director is being able to tell reps of other businesses that I love my PC business, and as a director I am contractually obligated not to represent other direct sales businesses.

ME TOO!!!

B-i-l is was asking me to work with his friend who is starting up her direct selling company and I was so happy I had that line to use. But then he asked me (And KEEPS asking me) to ask my downline if they would represent her line too. He totally doesn't get it!

What's funny is the woman who started the company *heard how successful PC consultants are* so she wants us to work for her. Not going to happen! Plus, it's a clothing line... not kitchen products!

pc_cindy said:

Right, I get that. She wasn't trying to recruit us. She was trying to sell to us.

The sales pitch is just the lead-in to the recruit pitch. Once they get you interested enough to even consider spending $40 a bottle, they offer you the 'deal' of only $25 a bottle if you're a distributor. (Of course, you got to buy like 3 cases at a time!). From there, it's the pitch of "it's even better to get your bottles for free and make amazing money by signing others...and since you're already a PC director, your husband can be the one who signs on paper". Trust me, I've gotten to hear it several times.:yuck:

finley1991 said:
ME TOO!!!

B-i-l is was asking me to work with his friend who is starting up her direct selling company and I was so happy I had that line to use. But then he asked me (And KEEPS asking me) to ask my downline if they would represent her line too. He totally doesn't get it!

You could still use the line that you are contractually obligated not to recruit for another company. That is pretty much why there was an upset and people were asked to leave over the Private Quarters debacle.

Thanks Kate! Those are the perfect words to use!

What is considered inappropriate behavior at the team Christmas party?

Inappropriate behavior at the team Christmas party includes any actions or language that is offensive, discriminatory, or disrespectful towards others.

Can alcohol be consumed at the team Christmas party?

Yes, alcohol may be consumed at the team Christmas party, but it is expected that employees will drink responsibly and in moderation.

Are employees allowed to bring guests to the team Christmas party?

Yes, employees are allowed to bring one guest to the team Christmas party, but they are responsible for their guest's behavior and actions.

What should I do if I witness inappropriate behavior at the team Christmas party?

If you witness inappropriate behavior at the team Christmas party, please report it to a manager or HR representative immediately. We take all reports seriously and will address the situation accordingly.

Can employees be disciplined for inappropriate behavior at the team Christmas party?

Yes, employees can be disciplined for inappropriate behavior at the team Christmas party. This may include verbal or written warnings, suspension, or even termination depending on the severity of the behavior.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg