• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do with Christmas Gifts for My Team Who Doesn't Attend Meetings?

In summary, my director has a policy of NOT handing out recognition gifts (business bucks) unless you come to the meeting. I'm assuming that applies to her Christmas gifts as well since our Dec meeting is basically a party. So now it's Christmas and no one on my team is coming to our Christmas party. I have small gifts (Mickey ornaments) and now have to decide what to do. Do I ship them or just return them since no one is coming to the party?I bought Mickey ornaments for my team also.
chefkathy
My director has a policy of NOT handing out recognition gifts (business bucks) unless you come to the meeting. I'm assuming that applies to her Christmas gifts as well since our Dec meeting is basically a party.

Now, my team really hasn't been doing much, so I haven't handed out any bucks. They don't come to meetings anyway.

So now it's Christmas and no one on my team is coming to our Christmas party. I have small gifts (Mickey ornaments) and now have to decide what to do. Do I ship them or just return them since no one is coming to the party?

I bought Mickey ornaments for my team also. I think only 2 of them will be there to receive them. I don't know if I will ship them or not. I doubt it. By the time I get to it it will be Christmas or after.

I'm not even having a holiday party/meeting. They never come. I was thinking about switching to the *bucks* in 2009 because that's what my director does and just mails them to us each month. I'm tired of planning a meeting where no one comes. And ironically, the only one who asked me (and offered to help) about the holiday meeting is hospitality. My plan for 2009 is a spring and fall kick-off as our only two live meetings. I'm going to do the rest via conference call if at all. Unless I get some performers, it's not worth it and I meet monthly with my one performer anyway.I hope this doesn't sound heartless.Now, with that... instead of a holiday gift, I am going to do 2008 TEAM Recognition at my spring kick-off. I have gifts for the top performers that I will give out then.

I had gifts (the notepad with pen and use and care holder that were on Merrill and an ornament - I had picked the ornaments up before I knew about Disney) ready for my team meeting. Only 4 showed up. Those that didn't come will not get the gift - well, my Texas consultants will get a gift but they live a bit far to come to meetings and they do attend their hospitality. I'll use the rest for recognition throughout the year when those that weren't here earn things.

This year I am probably doing too much, but everyone that is active in December is going to get a large coffee mug from Merrill that has green shredded paper. In the middle I bought the hot cocoa cones with the mini marshmallows & peppermint crushed candy. On each side of that are pencils. One is "Cinderella" and the other is "Cars". They look like straws.

I am sending them to all of my out of town people and handing them to people that live nearby. I have been so lame on "extras" and my newsletter has been non-exisitant. I am also sending them a "Frosty" card from Merrill with a copy of the Consultant Goal Planning work sheet and the attached.

They are being sent a self addressed envelope so there is no freaking excuse to not fill it out. (I forgot will be the resounding one, of course!)

I am forgoing the December party/meeting because I think everyone is so busy that one more thing added to the list will be more work than result!

Attachments

• Goals 2009.doc
    138.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Goals 2009.doc
    138.5 KB · Views: 288
I finally have a couple that I think want to make this business successful and are willing to put the time in to make that happen. One of them is quite excited, quite creative, and not shy about asking for shows but doesn't know very many people and her husband is just so-so in the supportive department. I'm already hearing 15 reasons why "_______ isn't so sure that's a good idea". They share a car and for example I literally wanted to give her a show this week and "_________ has a chess club meeting, so I can't". So we'll see. I did a boutique this weekend and got some adorable little reindeer thingies--they look like an ornament but are a felt reindeer head covering a tootsie roll pop--so they can eat the tootsie roll pop and still have a little ornament. We'll see if anyone comes to a Christmas party--I announced it at the last meeting, sent an evite and sent a reminder--so far I have 3 coming, two of whom are hospitality. So if I don't get more yeses by Thursday it's a no go for the party and the reindeers get mailed.

I like Colleen's idea 'bout the conference call each month--if you use Skype it's free, so I may do that instead of meetings. Lots of effort for very little payout. I could spend time doing individual coaching instead of cleaning my house and making handouts.

baychef said:
This year I am probably doing too much, but everyone that is active in December is going to get a large coffee mug from Merrill that has green shredded paper. In the middle I bought the hot cocoa cones with the mini marshmallows & peppermint crushed candy. On each side of that are pencils. One is "Cinderella" and the other is "Cars". They look like straws.

I am sending them to all of my out of town people and handing them to people that live nearby. I have been so lame on "extras" and my newsletter has been non-exisitant. I am also sending them a "Frosty" card from Merrill with a copy of the Consultant Goal Planning work sheet and the attached.

They are being sent a self addressed envelope so there is no freaking excuse to not fill it out. (I forgot will be the resounding one, of course!)

I am forgoing the December party/meeting because I think everyone is so busy that one more thing added to the list will be more work than result!

I really like this letter. it got me thinking though what about a survey for your team. You know one that askes them to write what the end of their 2009 will look like. Maybe things like, how can I better help you, what do i do that you like, what do I do that you dont like, your suggestions, wht do you think you can do that will grow your business, do you want to grow your own team, ect.....I wouldnt mind alittle bit of honesty from my team. Afterall if I can see what will get them going maybe I can better myself at helping them. Helping them = more successful team!

Yes, I am thinking about adding something to the back of the goal work sheet to see if they would attend live training or would participate in a phone class type training. Also, what do you need, etc.

1. What are some affordable gift options for my team?

Some affordable gift options for your team could be personalized kitchen utensils, holiday-themed aprons, or baking mixes in decorative jars.

2. Can I order gifts in bulk for my entire team?

Yes, you can order gifts in bulk for your entire team. Pampered Chef offers bulk ordering options for corporate gifting.

3. Are there any exclusive holiday deals for team gifts?

Yes, there are exclusive holiday deals for team gifts. These deals often include discounted prices or free gifts with purchase.

4. Can I customize the gifts with my team's name or logo?

Yes, you can customize the gifts with your team's name or logo. Pampered Chef offers personalization options for many of our products.

5. Is there a minimum or maximum number of gifts I can order for my team?

There is no minimum or maximum number of gifts you can order for your team. You can order as many or as few gifts as you need for your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • ChefBeckyD