• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teacher's Sale: Get Your Cookbooks for $10 with No Shipping or Tax!

In summary, the teacher is offering cookbooks for a flat rate of $10, and made up a cover to go with the guest special flyer. She is also putting the show under her mother's name so she can get the skillet at 60% off.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I really want the 12" skillet and don't want to wait unil the end of Pan O Rama. SOOO, I'm having a sale here at school (I'm a teacher). I'm offering the cookbooks for flat rate of $10 (no shipping and tax). I made up a cover to go with the guest special flyer and an order form on back for them to just list their name and which cookbooks they want. I figured very easy to get 15 orders so I can count that as a show.

I'm putting the order in under my husbands name (all 15 in one order so $4 shipping + tax). Putting the show under my mom's name so I can get the skillet at 60% off.

Question: Is it bad of me to do that???:angel: I know its kind of cheating....:rolleyes: I should know better, I'm a teacher!!!

I'm pretty sure you aren't the only consultant who has done this. ;)

Why don't you put the show under your name?? If you put consultant as host you can still get it at 60% off. The only thing that you wouldn't get is commission on anything else that you would order with the discount and you wouldn't get booking benefits if anyone would book off of it.

The customers will not have a record in their name with HO if they want to return a book. Not to mention, it's fudging it a little too much to include all of them on a single order.

You also can't use the name of someone in your household. Years ago I had HO call me asking if the name of one of my consultant's husband was XXX....when I said yes, they told me that she had submitted a show under his name. It's considered the same as a consultant submitting a show in their own name.

Can he be the customer?

You can submit a show in your husband's or adult child's name but the same rules apply as though you submitted in your own name (no commission on items ordered with show discount, no PHD (the 10% off for a year) and no booking benefit for shows booked at the show. - so why would you?

Putting orders together is cheating the system as is using benefits meant for our hosts (unless we ARE the host). Doing this kind of thing is what could make PC change the benefits to be less - both for us and the hosts. I know that guests sometimes put their orders together and we can only discourage that but if they insist we have to let them (informing them is our job) but WE know better (or should)!

Put the show in your name and get the set of cookware in your name. Tell your friends that the cookbooks are $10 and, if you want, make their total $14.75 (shipping and tax included) and tell them they are saving about $5 (which they are!). [do this by paying the difference - about $1 - out of commission] Tell them that they save even more if they buy more than one cookbook. Also offer the catalog in case someone wants something more to add to their order. You may not have a high commission on the show doing it that way but you are following PC guidelines, getting cookware at an awesome price and making your friends happy.

Okay, Okay. Slap my hand. I'll be good! You're right! Darn.

ChefJWarren said:
Okay, Okay. Slap my hand. I'll be good! You're right! Darn.
:blushing: Just trying to help (not slapping your hand:eek: ). It's a good idea to bring ideas here and get other opinions on if it can work. Please take them as caring people trying to help each other.

I know. I'm kidding. I teach middle school. I have VERY thick skin!

What is the teacher's sale?

The teacher's sale is a promotional event offered by Pampered Chef where teachers can purchase cookbooks for a discounted price of $10, with no additional shipping or tax fees.

Who is eligible for the teacher's sale?

The teacher's sale is only available to current teachers, including preschool to high school teachers, as well as homeschooling parents who are actively teaching their children.

How can I take advantage of the teacher's sale?

To participate in the teacher's sale, you must provide a valid teacher ID or proof of employment as a teacher. You can then purchase the discounted cookbooks through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

What cookbooks are included in the teacher's sale?

The teacher's sale includes a selection of our most popular cookbooks, including "The Pampered Chef Classics Cookbook," "The Pampered Chef Quick & Easy Recipes," and "The Pampered Chef Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals."

Is there a limit to how many cookbooks I can purchase during the teacher's sale?

There is a limit of one cookbook per teacher at the discounted price of $10. However, you may purchase additional cookbooks at full price if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• buckeyefan08
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • MamaChef