• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Exempt Orders for School Caf: How to Place and What You Need to Know

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of placing a tax exempt order for a high school cafeteria. It is mentioned that the state's tax laws should be checked first and then the order can be placed through PC. The procedure for submitting a tax exempt letter is also mentioned. There is a suggestion to have a specific field for tax exempt numbers and names in P3 for easier processing.
redsoxgirl
A woman who will be coming to a show next week wants to place an order for her work ( a high school caf) and asked about placing it as tax exempt.

How do I do this?
Do I need anything from her (copy of tax exempt form or something)?
Does her personal order and the school need to be 2 different orders?

Thanks!
Lindsay

If your state allows school districts to be tax exempt on everything that is one thing but usually tax exempt is for people resale. You need to check your states tax laws first I would think. Then go to PC if that is the case.

I would call HO - I had someone who worked for the Salvation Army and was purchasing 2 carafes for their office and HO said it wasn't allowed - The customer would have to take care of it themselves -

I had a similar question. The Home Economics teacher at my school wanted to purchase products to use in her classroom. I called HO. They said it WAS allowed. First, I would need to get a copy of the school's tax exempt letter/number. Then, AFTER submitting my show, I would need to fax the letter to HO. I would have to "front" the money for the tax, but as soon as the tax exempt letter was verified, HO would refund me that tax money.I hope this helped.

How do I put a T.E. name in P3? It doesn't change when you click on the T.E. button. It still stays "First Name" and "Last Name".

I wish P3 would allow a place for Tax exempt numbers instead of having to fax a copy of the letter. It would be easier.

I agree. And a place to put the tax exempt name!

Related to Tax Exempt Orders for School Caf: How to Place and What You Need to Know

1. How do I place a tax exempt order with Pampered Chef?

To place a tax exempt order with Pampered Chef, you will need to contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-5263. They will assist you in setting up a tax exempt account and placing your order.

2. What information do I need to provide to have my order be tax exempt?

In order for your order to be tax exempt, you will need to provide a copy of your tax exempt certificate or resale certificate. This can be emailed to our customer service team at [email protected].

3. Can I place a tax exempt order online?

At this time, we do not have the capability to process tax exempt orders online. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-5263 to place a tax exempt order.

4. Is there a minimum order amount for tax exempt orders?

There is no minimum order amount for tax exempt orders. However, please keep in mind that all orders are subject to shipping and handling fees.

5. Do I need to provide my tax exempt information every time I place an order?

If you have already provided your tax exempt information and it has been saved to your account, you will not need to provide it every time you place an order. However, if your tax exempt information changes, please make sure to update it with our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angmillar
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies