• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste the Difference with Peanut Brittle!

In summary, folks here are paying more for home heating this year than last. They switched to a wood pellet furnace a couple years ago and replaced their oil furnace with it. They bought 4 tons of pellets which should last the winter and then some for about $900 plus got a $40 card to use at the hardware store where they bought them! They are in a really bad position because their tank is close to empty and they only get one paycheck for $540 in the month of november. They are hoping to make it through the winter though.
DebPC
Staff member
Peanut BrittleAnyone try this recipe or is making it at their shows? I'm not a huge Peanut Bruittle fan and was wondering if its better then most?

I am planning on making it tomorrow. I love peanut brittle and haven't found the great recipe yet - I'm hoping this is it! I'll let you know.

So how was it?

Oh, sorry!

It's great. It doesn't stick to my teeth at all. I did stop boiling at 275 degrees instead of 325 which the recipe said - it seemed like it was about to start burning.

Easy! Not sure it's good for a show though - takes a while to boil and then to cool - probably could pop it in the frig to speed that up....

How are you guys fairing with home heating? What do you rely on and are you paying more for it this year than last?

We're doing okay. We switched over to a wood pellet furnace a couple years ago and replaced our oil furnace with it. We bought 4 tons of pellets which should last the winter and then some for about $900 plus got a $40 card to use at the hardware store where we bought them! We bought them when they were on sale in the summer and had them delivered in the fall, so we spent less per ton this year than last.

I can't imagine what folks are paying for oil though (we never looked back) so thought I'd ask how folks here are making out.

We are in a really bad position. We have fuel oil and we are very broke and our tank is close to empty. For the last month we have been putting in 10 gallons from the gas station at a time so we don't run out. Most companies make you get 100 gallons minimum, whichs is over $300 that we just don't have right now.

My hubby got laid off in October so things have been tight. He is on temporary orders with the Air National Guard right now, and he is supposed to get paid Friday from them. Well, they didn't get his orders done in time so I found out yesterday he will not get paid! And they don't get paid again until December 15th! I was going to get some oil on Friday but I guess that's out of the question. We have only gotten one paycheck for $540 in the month of november (plus $88 from pc for me). And he will be done working at the Base this Friday too.

It really sucks because we have 3 kids! But, we'll make it through...we always do somehow!

Sorry, had to vent for a minute!!!

Have you looked into any kind of assistance plans? I think something like Liheap is national though I'm not sure. Sounds like you'd qualify for help. That so stinks about hubby's work situation... http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/liheap/

I don't mind paying a bit more for comfort. I keep my place at 70 and my place isn't that big so my heating bills are in the upper $60s.

Admin Greg said:
I don't mind paying a bit more for comfort. I keep my place at 70 and my place isn't that big so my heating bills are in the upper $60s.

Is that for gas or electric? I've heard some of my friends with electric heat complain that their bill's gone more than double so far this winter... and the odd thing is, it's been very mild so far...

We have a gas heater. (Don't have to buy oil for it though) Just flip the switch and get a big bill from the gas company.

My bill in the summer is anywhere from $15-$30. As soon as the heater get's turned on in the winder, it get's up to $120+

lkprescott said:
Is that for gas or electric? I've heard some of my friends with electric heat complain that their bill's gone more than double so far this winter... and the odd thing is, it's been very mild so far...

the heater is electric

My friend lives in a rented duplex, and her landlord refuses to come and check her furnace. They keep it set between 68-70, and MONTHLY the bill rolls in at $400 minimum.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt the budget. I do like owning my own place and being able to do whatever I want to it... pretty much. A pellet furnace is set a little different so it looks like we set the thingy at 60 degrees but that keeps things in the mid to upper 60s... right now we're going through 80lbs of pellets a day. But it's not cold out yet... not sure if it'll get cold. My compost pile today was still really active yet...

This is all so foreign to me. I never even stopped to think about heating in different parts of the country. I just flip a switch on my thermostat and "poof" the heat comes on and I pay a bill.

I always think about it this time of year and even with as mild as it's been here (we've only had a couple 'hard' frosts and those were pretty soft... the ground's still soft and the grass hasn't really stopped growing yet... bummer... but already I've had friends complaining about how much they're already paying for heat and it's not even cold outside yet. Made me thankful for our conversion the other year... the thought of paying $3/gallon to heat my home was a nightmare... and well the year we switched our furnace was the year our old oil company decided to screw around with us and kept changing the 'lock in' price... grrrrr... don't make me put down money then tell me it's not what it was worth when I signed the contract.. grrr...

We have natural gas heating. We have space heaters, not central heating. Right now we are paying about the same. But I have heard on the news prices could go up 40% more than last year and I sure pray that does not happen.

I'm in L.A.We have natural gas heat (small house, too), gas water heater and gas clothes dryer. In the winter, the bill is about $70-80 a month, rest of the year with heater off, about $15. You do the math :)Do any of you use coal?

We have forced air gas furnace. So far, not too bad bill wise, but ask me in February!! Usually, the bill runs $120-220/month depending on how cold it gets. I heard that this is supposed to be the coldest winter in over 10 years here. I am going to take some measures to seal up the windows etc. to help keep it warm in here. I hate the cold.

We have a combination. We have a wood stove in the living room and are trying to use it as much as possible. We bought 1/2 a truckload (semi) of wood last year for $500 and have it all split and it should last us through this winter and one more. Our furnace runs on LP which we have locked in for $1.59 this winter. Even with the stove, we will go through about $300-$400 of fuel over the winter.

Electricity ends up costing us too much, about $100/mo. and we only have a small 2 bedroom house...need to find what is sucking it up...probably the old freezer among other things but can't turn off Fire Department pagers and radios or that.

Christ Follower said:
This is all so foreign to me. I never even stopped to think about heating in different parts of the country. I just flip a switch on my thermostat and "poof" the heat comes on and I pay a bill.

At my house all I do is flip a switch alos but I nknwo people here who have pellet stoves and propane gas or what ever its called

We have electric. It sounds like that is cheaper this year. Usually it is the most expensive.

We have propane heat. I'm not sure of the cost per unit as our farm pays the heat/electricity as part of my husbands paycheck. It's usually around $200/month, but that runs our house & a lot of the farm buildings, including the grain bin fans. When the bin fans are on, it can be upwards of $700! Thank goodness we don't have to pay that!

1. What makes Pampered Chef's Peanut Brittle so special?

Our Peanut Brittle is made with high-quality, all-natural ingredients, including freshly roasted peanuts and pure cane sugar. We also use a special cooking technique to create a perfectly crisp and flavorful brittle that sets it apart from others on the market.

2. Is Pampered Chef's Peanut Brittle gluten-free?

Yes, our Peanut Brittle is gluten-free and is made in a certified gluten-free facility. It is also free from any artificial flavors or preservatives.

3. How should I store Pampered Chef's Peanut Brittle?

We recommend storing our Peanut Brittle in an airtight container at room temperature. It will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks, but we doubt it will last that long!

4. Can I give Pampered Chef's Peanut Brittle as a gift?

Absolutely! Our Peanut Brittle makes for a delicious and unique gift for any occasion. You can even customize it with a personalized message or add it to a gift basket.

5. How do I order Pampered Chef's Peanut Brittle?

You can order our Peanut Brittle online through our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it at select retail locations or at one of our in-person cooking parties or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef