1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Toffee/peanut brittle on bar pan?

1. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

Has anyone tried making toffee/peanut brittle on their bar pan? Will the cool (room temp) pan crack when you pour hot toffee/peanut brittle on it?

Dec 5, 2005
  2. :) I have used the bar pan for both and it works great, the only trouble I had was with the toffee, when it cooled and the butter set up I couldn't get it out of the pan so I just put it in a warm oven until it softened up and it came right out. For the peanut brittle make sure to use plenty of butter in the pan so that it comes out. This year I loosened it when it was still slightly warm. Have not had a problem with putting the hot mix in, you could put the pan in a warm oven so the temp. change wouldn't be as drastic.

Laura
    Consultant
    North Dakota

Dec 5, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Fabulous

Use parchment paper in your pan and they come out great!

Dec 6, 2005
  4. pchefinski

Thanks :) I'm going to make both of these (I think) and some peppermint bark for our church Christmas service next weekend..

Dec 6, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Will you please share the recipes???

Dec 8, 2005
  6. pchefinski

Dec 9, 2005
  7. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Thank you Amanda!!! Yum! Some of my favorite cookies recipes are not PC recipes, but I still use the tools to make them. :)

Dec 9, 2005
  8. luv2cookathome

luv2cookathome Member

I was going to suggest the parchment paper too or a spritz of cooking spray wouldn't hurt. The recipes sound yummy. Thanks for sharing. :)

Have something to add?