• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking the Plunge and Going to Try the Interactive Show!

In summary, Theresa is going to try the new interactive show. She recommends that anyone else considering doing an IA show talk to their hosts to see if they have any areas that they can work with the guests. She is also going to give her hosts a coupon for the "Buy Down" price of the starter kit. She ends the segment by talking about how the guests just proved that they can cook just like the host by cooking some of the recipes that they just did.
sddmom2
I have a show on Monday- and I think -NO- I am going to try the new interactive show. Any recommendations? I read some of the other threads and am looking for any other comments about how you do your IA shows. What works? What doesn't? I am so freaked out by stepping outside my comfy zone!!
BTW- I just joined this site -and I am so happy with the things I have read here. I wish someone would have told me about this site when I signed up 2 years ago! So THANK YOU everyone!

Welcome Theresa!

This is a totally great site, I agree! I would have liked to have heard about it when I first signed up too! But, better late than never......

Now, onto the topic at hand.........I have been thinking of doing IA shows too, especially for next Thursday, as I have an all-guys show.

Sorry, I'm no help, but I am looking forward to seeing what others will say.

I have an all-guys show.

Wahoo! how fun to interact with ALL guys! Wait that doesn't sound right...LOL

welcome--How did you find us???

I was on welovepamperedchef too and someone mentioned this site. I like this one much better! Don't tell them-shhhh!

Welcome and it's ok all us Cheffers think so too ;)!

One thing to remember when trying anything new is that you really need to commit to 2 or 3 months of trying it to know for sure whether or not it is for you. Your first time out may be a little rought, but that's okay. Give it awhile to work out the kinks before you make a final decision.

As far as the IA shows go, I'm just finding out about them, so I can't really offer any advice other than that I already gave above (did that make sense?)

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. (and you did make sense)
Thank you for your sacrifice -of your husband being in Iraq. My friend just returned and might be headed back in July.

The interactive show will be great. We just have to talk to our hosts during host coaching to let them know that we need an area where we can work with the guests. Maybe all they have is a coffee table, but we can ask the host to at least be open to it. I need to make sure I tell hosts that I want the table clear for everyone to gather around or the island if it's big enough or whatever. I tend to forget that part when I'm coaching.

I'm going to try this with my brunch show on Saturday. I'm hoping that it will work out ok. We're doing the ham & cheese brunch squares (subbing in sausage instead).

Here is an email that I got from my ED.....................

I am doing the segment like Teresa Brown does. Everyone is working on something at the same time. The guests are having a hoot of a time and anyone with ANY interest in PC says, "I CAN DO THIS!!"

I'm using a bookings binder in the opening of my show and tell them the upcoming months' specials are in here for them to look at and then say, "If you've ever wondered what kind of wonderful benefits PC Consultants get, I've got it in here for you too including a copy of my paycheck. I'm very proud to work for the best paying company I've ever worked for!" I then start passing the notebook.

I am giving my host the coupon for the "Buy Down" price of the starter kit, and I do this in front of everyone. I then mention if they'd like info on how to get a starter kit less expensive, I'll be happy to share that with them.

I then use aprons to talk about the PC opportunity:
Red/white/blue - I'm living the American Dream
Dots apron - "Fun" and crazy apron" represents how FUN my job is.
I bought an apron that says, "The Chef who dies with the most gadgets wins!" - I say, "I have a new motto now that I own everything in the entire catalog."
Green Apron - PC Money Apron
HWC Apron - Talk about how we help with Round Up and our May Promotion
Then I have 2 other aprons that just have the logo on them and ask, "Who wants to play "Pampered Chef Lady" with me today?!"

If they don't volunteer to take the aprons, I just toss them at someone.......they rarely refuse.

At the end I talk about how they just proved to everyone that The Pampered Chef Apron fits them as good as it does me and they can cook too; they just proved it with the awesome recipes they just did!

All 4 gals signed because they said, "I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS TYPE OF DEMO IS EASY!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!"

That's it in a nut-shell.

We just have a fun, fun time! It's a little crazy for me cause I have to watch both tables to make sure the recipes are eatable! hahaha! But they have all turned out so far. I told someone the other day, it's like watching a bunch of kindergarteners doing an art project. hahahaha! (I was a Kindergarten Aide for many years.......glad I did that job! It works with this job too!)

JAE said:
The interactive show will be great. We just have to talk to our hosts during host coaching to let them know that we need an area where we can work with the guests. Maybe all they have is a coffee table, but we can ask the host to at least be open to it. I need to make sure I tell hosts that I want the table clear for everyone to gather around or the island if it's big enough or whatever. I tend to forget that part when I'm coaching.

Host coaching is definitely the most important key to a successful IA show. Let your host know that people are going to be much more willing to join in when the host is guiding them to come to the table and pitch in than when the consultant does.

What I did on Tuesday was have my table set up next to the kitchen table. I had all of my products on my table so we could just grab them as needed and the table didn't get cluttered so quickly. The Quick Turkey Chili worked out great as an interactive show. I brought all of my cutting boards and spread 3 across the table, one with the onion, one with the jalepeno and one with the bell pepper. Of course I put them all on the opposite end of the table from me! ;) So they knew if someone didn't start cutting we weren't going to eat. When the first person used the food chopper on the onion they saw how much longer it took for the other person to manually chop the bell pepper! I did sell some food choppers! I also sold 4 deep covered bakers :D .

Check out that thread with all of the tips. That helped a lot too. Even when half of the people were around the table helping me and the other half were still sitting down everytime I would tell them one of those tips (like put a bamboo spoon over your pot to prevent boil over) the people at the table would turn around to the group sitting down and say "Did you here that?" and they would repeat everything I just said. It was funny to watch them go so crazy over all of those tips. Don't worry about those that don't join you right away. They're big girls. If they don't want to do it they just miss out on the fun.

Anyway you get the point. My show was at $700 in sales when I left and the host is shooting for a $1000!! She might sign when we close out her show too! Not bad. :D :D

One more thing...I know this is getting super long, but I don't usually have this kind of advice :blushing: ...even if you don't notice this giving you higher sales right away at your shows, people are building a much bigger wish list in their heads (or hopefully in our P3 ;) ) and they are going to be looking for ways to get those items a little at a time.

Related to Taking the Plunge and Going to Try the Interactive Show!

What is an interactive show?

An interactive show is a unique and engaging way to learn about Pampered Chef products and cooking techniques. It is an online event where a Pampered Chef consultant will guide you through the use of different products, recipes, and tips while you interact with the host and other attendees.

How do I sign up for an interactive show?

Signing up for an interactive show is easy! You can contact a Pampered Chef consultant directly or visit our website to find a show near you. Once you find a show that fits your schedule, simply click on the link to register and you will receive further instructions via email.

Do I need any special equipment to join an interactive show?

No, you do not need any special equipment to join an interactive show. You can access the show through your computer, tablet, or smartphone. We recommend having a stable internet connection and a webcam for the best experience.

Do I have to buy anything during the interactive show?

No, you are not required to buy anything during the interactive show. However, if you see a product that you are interested in, you can purchase it directly from the consultant hosting the show. There is no pressure to buy, and you can simply sit back and enjoy the experience.

What are the benefits of attending an interactive show?

There are many benefits to attending an interactive show. You will learn about new products, get tips and tricks for using them, and connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts. Plus, there may be exclusive discounts and promotions available during the show. It's a fun and informative experience that you won't want to miss!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies