• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010!

In summary, Sharon plans to promote to Advance Director, increase bookings and recruitment, and give back to several charities this year.
Noora,

That's awesome and exciting! Congrats! Rooting for you to make TL this month! = )

Had a show last night. Nine people in attendance plus miscellaneous male relatives of the host. I hadn't done a show in over a month, and my show schedule has been quite sporadic in the past few months. I often feel upset with myself after shows for forgetting this or that, because I didn't prepare well enough, so I did some extra things this time.

I had done a lot of prep for the festival (such as host packets) last Saturday, so I didn't have to repeat that. Someone had posted an opening and a closing handout they had received at a recent training, and I had tweaked those to fit what I wanted to say and do. I also had written down my story so that I knew what I wanted to say. The night before, I re-wrote all three by hand (that is the best way for me to remember things), and then I took 3x5 cards and put down the key words to help me remember during the show. I'd never done that before, because my pride wouldn't let me use note cards, but I decided it was time to swallow that.

Thanks to the note cards, I remembered everything I wanted to say in my opening, story and closing. I remembered to use my booking slide, and I remembered to talk recruiting several times. I hadn't been persuasive enough with my host to get her to do a DCB recipe. We had originally planned to do the 30-minute chicken while prepping the Taffy Apple Pizza but at the last minute she said she didn't want to do that because her microwave started blowing hot air into the kitchen if it was used for long periods of time.

I did talk about the DCB. I had gotten some play money, and put a $100 bill inside the DCB for them to see when I took off the lid. I talked about the money savings and the great recipes and offered the DCB bundle Carolyn uses, but had no takers.

The kicker was, when I got there, my host told me that her sister-in-law has started a tea business and would be showing her products also. We all know how frustrating that can be, so no need to go into details.

I didn't remember to talk about the cookware, and I felt like I talked WAY too much, but they all seemed interested in listening to what I had to say. I forgot to go over my bookings binder and let them know about the upcoming specials. I did mention my recruiting binder but didn't elaborte on it. My host had set up chairs by the time I got to the house, so I had taken my bookings binder, recruiting binder and some cookbooks and set them on the chairs, along with a catalog and an order form. I think next time, when I do introductions, I'll ask them to tell the group what they found on their chair.

Oh, and the door prize slips! I almost forgot! When I had them fill out the door prize slips, I told them we would start on the back side. I told them to write the names of five people they know that are not here tonight, and three items they would love to get if money was no object. Then I instructed them to fill out their name, address etc. When I got to the question about hosting, I told them they'd already done the hardest part: they had started their guest list and wish list. Now that I think about it, I could have brought that back to recruiting too: Your first potenial hosts, and your wish list.

I got one booking actually in the calendar, and a second for which the guest has two dates to check on and I will follow up with her. I also have a recruit lead! A gal at work, whom I invited at the last minute (literally, at 4:55 when I was walking out the door). She's just concerned because she has a perfectionistic nature, and she's worried she wouldn't be able to do it if she wasn't perfect at it. I totally understand where she's coming from, so maybe I'll be able to talk to that with her when I follow up.

Right now, the show is a hair under $300, but neither of the host's sisters-in-law put in their orders yet, and in the past both have been good for almost a $100 each. One actually said last night "Can I give my order to Host tomorrow? That way I can add more stuff when my husband isn't around."

Wow, that's long, but I'm just so excited! Another Fall Festival tomorrow, and another show next Thrusday!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I am spotty about posting.....it has been a roller coaster couple of months! I hit my $15000 last month! Yay

AND I think I just made "Director"!!! I have met all the qualifications - 2200 personal sales, 5697 team sales, 5 active direct lines, 2 indirect lines! Now, if only it would pop up on consultant connection....indirect line submitted her show this morning. Whoo Hoo....my team has been rocking and working the biz....THANK YOU MY FABULOUS TEAM! Go "Carrot Junkies" (Our Team Name)! lol

My show sales have been ok, but I need to work them harder to get to Disney. Been tryng to get the team supported, and it seems to be helping! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ECSTATIC....

AND I just may have snagged a booth for a Consignment Event....it's being advertised on TV and looks like it may be a fab opportunity....I am sharing the space/time with the team....4 day event, and we'll be the only PC reps...already booked a show with one of the coordinators! lol

Been a great couple of months....2 goals down, a few more to go....praying for Disney! :D

Sooo, is it official? Did you make it?

I am still trying to recover and catch up from being out of commission for almost a month.

In that month though (believe it or not!) I signed 2 new consultants to me team. I now have 11 active in my first line...but still only 1 Sr. Consultant.
I can't really be disappointed though, because I am so excited for how my team is growing and learning.

I just got back from doing some training with a new consultant. She has already take ALL of the training courses online, and is gearing up for a GREAT first 30 days! Whooo Hooo!

I have one more signing this week, and one next week.

My October is full - partially from bookings, and partially from rescheduled shows from September. I had to give away/reschedule 7 shows from Sept!

I just got done with a 24 Bookings In 24 Hours challenge that I gave myself, to try to recoup some of what I lost in Sept.

I now have an added 4 Cooking Shows (1 October, and 3 November) 4 Catalog Shows, A Bridal Shower, and a Vendor Event. Feeling better about my schedule, but still concerned about whether Disney can happen.

I had a show last night. When she scheduled her show she made it clear that she's hosted before and doesn't have "good parties." Well, by the time I left she was really excited. Her sales are over $500 right now (lots more than she's ever had before), and she still has orders to collect. One booking on the calendar and another possible that I'll follow up on before we close on Monday.Here's the fun part. On the way to do the show I realized I'd forgotten my Pumpkin Spice Kisses. I had left with plenty of time to find the host's house (about 1 1/2 hours from my home) and bet a bite to eat before the show. There was a Target just a few blocks from my host's house, so I stopped in to get the Kisses. As I approached the display there was a woman studying the Kisses. As I excused myself and reached in front of her, I said, "The Pumpkin Spice ones are fantastic." Ten minutes later she hugged me and left with a mini-catalog and a promise that I'd send a full-size catalog in today's mail. Fifteen minutes after leaving Target I got a call from her telling me how fantastic the Kisses were. She's gotten in her car, opened the bag, eaten one, and called. She's looking forward to hosting a show sometime soon. Mom always warned me about talking to strangers, but she was never a PC Consultant. :)

I've had a pretty slow start in my PC business. I recently had hip surgery and had a lot of time to do some soul searching. I was about ready to give up but really wanted this to work so I took the Step Up Your Business class. After taking that class all I can say is WOW! This is the first month I've had more than one show in a month. These are my goals:

1. Make 3 contacts a day(this is a hard one for me because the phone never seems to get any easier but I'm always ecstatic when I book another show.
2. Each month I'd like to add 1-2 shows to my calendar until I reach 8 shows consistentely.
3. Help my recruit become active again (she is long distance and doesn't have a HD)
4. Add 1 recruit every or every other month
5. Earn the incentive trip for 2010 - would love to take my mom & sister with me so they could see that there is potential in this businesss
6. Become a Director by Conference 2010
7. Personal - pay off my 5th wheel trailer by December 2011
8. Personal - Go on a cruise with my boyfriend's reunion buddies in 2011
9. I'm currently unemployed so I'd love to have PC supply what I need and not go back into construction.

jj16

Rae - that's fantastic! I need to work myself up to that level.jj16 - Congrats for taking charge of your business. We'll all be here to cheer you on!

Just keep working at it, Noora. The key is to talk to oodles of people. You'd probably be shocked at the number of people I talk to with whom PC never comes up.

Well yesterday I did a booth and got 2 shows booked with a possible third show I need to call her back this Tuesday to finialize. I got a lot of orders, got a lot of people that wanted to be added to my newsletter list! And I sold a lot of cash n carry!
My goal for this week: call everyone who marked maybe for a show! And call/email those that marked more info! I have a long week of callings to make!!

Did my second Fall Festival today. Got there late (long story), and no one knew where to tell me to go. So I just put my table next to another on the sidewalk going down to the gym where they were doing the cake walk. I had a lot of traffic, but also a lot of people who just breezed by running after their kids. I didn't get to talk to too many people, but some put down their info on a newsletter sign up I put out, and I handed out a lot of old catalogs I had available. Now I just have to make sure I follow up with everyone.

raebates said:
Fifteen minutes after leaving Target I got a call from her telling me how fantastic the Kisses were. She's gotten in her car, opened the bag, eaten one, and called. She's looking forward to hosting a show sometime soon.

Mom always warned me about talking to strangers, but she was never a PC Consultant. :)

Rae,that is so cool!

For my update:

I have been ramping up my schedule. This month I had 7 shows, but I am down to 2 due to rescheduling. UGH! But, I did sign one new consultant!:D And, I got an out of the blue FB message from an old consultant who wants to re-sign by the end of Oct. Hopefully, he will!

I inhale violently at checking in.
One really cool thing happened last night though! I had a show in a neighboring town, and one of the guests was a former consultant. She logged on to her sister's computer and ordered the mini kit. When we left she had 3 shows set up and I gave her a Friday date to check in on getting 3 more before her 30 day end date. She should have no problem with it. By all accounts she was really good as a consultant. ( everyone there knew her from her former PC days.. she was their consultant.)
WOOT!

Closed a show last night. She told me when she scheduled it that she always has small shows. It was $500+ and 2 solid bookings--the best show she'd ever hosted. That always makes me happy. Got a call yesterday from one one of my customers. Last month she said that the woman she works for needs to get a bunch of PC for her new vacation home in CO. She thought she'd take that opportunity to do a simple catalog show, but wasn't sure when. I sent her the specials for Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec and a few catalogs. She called a few days ago to say that her boss decided to just do her order as a catalog party of her own. No problem. I told her I'd be glad to meet with either or both of them when they were ready. Her call yesterday was to let me know she wanted to meet today but wasn't sure when. I told her I'd be ready, just call. She called this morning and we set up a time to meet. I figured things up a couple of different ways to see how we could get her boss the best deal. I just submitted the show. Keep in mind that it's actually a single order. We put the cookware she wanted on the host order and the rest under her own name as a guest. The commissionable sales are $1,006.50!Not too shabby for sending out a couple of catalogs and a few flyers. Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?

Had a show last night, closed it last night (@ $600!), signed the host last night.
She will be using the outside orders from her show as her first catalog show! Whooo Hooo! She got 4 bookings @ the show, plus a Bridal shower, and a couple more bookings from people who couldn't make the show. I'm so excited for her to be having such a great start to her business!:thumbup:

Congrats on the recruit Becky!

I made myself find time today at lunch to make calls. I had gotten back into the rut of not doing my calls at lunch, thinking I could do them when I got home, and then not getting to them after all. I was able to talk to a few people, but mostly it was messages. I really just want to keep myself in their consciousness, and my name be the one they think of when they do need something.

I ended up having to uninstall and re-install P3. Tech Support showed me how to pull the system's back up off the hard drive so I won't lose my information. Good thing too, because I haven't backed up recently because I couldn't find my USB drive (now that I found it, P3 wouldn't work).

I'm participating in a Step Up Your Business call starting tonight, and I'm hoping to get good ideas and inspiration from that. I met a gal at Office Max last night who requested a catalog, so that was a nice bonus.

I have two recruit leads that I need to get in touch with, and one host who needs to nail down a date, so hopefully I'll be able to reach them soon.

Is it too late for a new participant in the thread?

It's never too late, Crystal. What's happening with your business?

Last year during the National Meeting Day the announcement was made for Disney. I sat in the meeting with tears because that would be such an amazing trip to celebrate with my family. I promised myself then that I would earn the trip.

Everything was very on track until June. I was burned out & hadn't had any recruits and honestly, the business was overtaking my home, thoughts and time. Not good. I decided that I was going to back off. Really, I told my husband that I was not going to do anymore shows and was giving it up. I began to sell my excess consultant supplies.

I decided that it was time to make my life about God and my family. If it included PC, then I would continue to be blessed with a business. In July, my sales were 1800. Not too bad for trying to quit. Then, everything started rolling again. I've continued to make my life about God and my family first, then PC. I've had 4 new recruits since August 31st and will be promoting to TL on November 1.

I'm so excited because He has continued to bless me so much!

I'm hosting a team meeting on Saturday where one of my new recruits is bringing a friend with her & I've challenged others to do the same. I think that we're actually going to try & do the meeting via webcam for my long distance recruit. I'm pretty excited about that.

I had a great show last night. It was tons of fun & will close on Saturday. When I left, we had $675 in sales with her sister taking her order home (it was $80+). I've got a catalog party going with my brother (who is getting razzed terribly by his buddies) and a party on the 31st.

I know that November will be great too, I've got a busy month planned. We'll see if Disney happens or not - either way is actually ok. I've got my priorities in order and that is most important!! :)

Wow - that was extremely long. Sorry!

That is FANTASTIC Crystal!

NooraK said:
Congrats on the recruit Becky!

I made myself find time today at lunch to make calls. I had gotten back into the rut of not doing my calls at lunch, thinking I could do them when I got home, and then not getting to them after all. I was able to talk to a few people, but mostly it was messages. I really just want to keep myself in their consciousness, and my name be the one they think of when they do need something.

I ended up having to uninstall and re-install P3. Tech Support showed me how to pull the system's back up off the hard drive so I won't lose my information. Good thing too, because I haven't backed up recently because I couldn't find my USB drive (now that I found it, P3 wouldn't work).

I'm participating in a Step Up Your Business call starting tonight, and I'm hoping to get good ideas and inspiration from that. I met a gal at Office Max last night who requested a catalog, so that was a nice bonus.

I have two recruit leads that I need to get in touch with, and one host who needs to nail down a date, so hopefully I'll be able to reach them soon.

My cluster is doing the Step Up Your Business as our cluster meetings - and we are just booming as a cluster! It's been great for everyone! (just wanted to give you that encouragement as you begin....:))

crystalscookingnow said:
Last year during the National Meeting Day the announcement was made for Disney. I sat in the meeting with tears because that would be such an amazing trip to celebrate with my family. I promised myself then that I would earn the trip.

Everything was very on track until June. I was burned out & hadn't had any recruits and honestly, the business was overtaking my home, thoughts and time. Not good. I decided that I was going to back off. Really, I told my husband that I was not going to do anymore shows and was giving it up. I began to sell my excess consultant supplies.

I decided that it was time to make my life about God and my family. If it included PC, then I would continue to be blessed with a business. In July, my sales were 1800. Not too bad for trying to quit. Then, everything started rolling again. I've continued to make my life about God and my family first, then PC. I've had 4 new recruits since August 31st and will be promoting to TL on November 1.

I'm so excited because He has continued to bless me so much!

I'm hosting a team meeting on Saturday where one of my new recruits is bringing a friend with her & I've challenged others to do the same. I think that we're actually going to try & do the meeting via webcam for my long distance recruit. I'm pretty excited about that.

I had a great show last night. It was tons of fun & will close on Saturday. When I left, we had $675 in sales with her sister taking her order home (it was $80+). I've got a catalog party going with my brother (who is getting razzed terribly by his buddies) and a party on the 31st.

I know that November will be great too, I've got a busy month planned. We'll see if Disney happens or not - either way is actually ok. I've got my priorities in order and that is most important!! :)

Wow - that was extremely long. Sorry!

First - WELCOME Crystal! :)

Then - A very wise lady (my D) has told me many times that if I am doing the right things for the right reasons, God will honor that and bless me. It's been true in my business, and I can see that it's true in yours too!

ChefBeckyD said:
My cluster is doing the Step Up Your Business as our cluster meetings - and we are just booming as a cluster! It's been great for everyone! (just wanted to give you that encouragement as you begin....:))

Thanks Becky. I'll be doing it with Nancy, so I'm excited! I just hope I can stay awake :eek:

Wow! Fun Fun Fun show tonight!

We laughed from beginning to end. What a great group of women. The host is someone who has talked repeatedly of joining my team...but it just isn't the right time.

I got 3 bookings, and one of those is also a strong recruit lead, probably signing at her show. Another one is actually 2 bookings, since she booked a catalog show - to close by the end of October, and then wants to have a cooking show in December.
The third booking is for a woman who owns a boutique in the most expensive part of the GR area (think the very heart of Amway country!)...and she wants to do the party at her boutique after closing one evening, and showcase all of the SA, and make it a Holiday Appetizers party - showing guests ways to make and serve appetizers!

That boutique party sounds like fun, Becky, I want to come!I had a party tonight, too. It almost didn't happen, but my host was a trooper. Tuesday her furnace motor broke and caught on fire. She came home and walked into a house full of smoke with her kids. She was lucky to have come home when she did (her dad had asked her to come straight to his house after picking up her son from school) or her whole house would have burnt to the ground. She called me this morning (she lives across the street) and asked if she could have the party at my house because the clean up people told her she shouldn't be in her house, everything must be washed, and they're being put up in a hotel.I offer my house to hosts normally anyway, so it wasn't a big deal for me. We made the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco, and the guests loved it. I stuck to my note cards again, which helped me get through all the parts and not forget things. I did forget to show my bookings binder and my recruiting binder though, so I'll have to figure out how to work those in. I sold one $99 set (without giving more than a $1 discount) and one DCB on it's own. I booked one show, and there were a couple of other people who marked they were interested, but I didn't get a chance to talk to. I heard on a tape to announce early that they need to stop by to get a gift (recipe card) before they leave, so I'll have to remember to do that.Seven guests, four orders and around $360. Host has at least one outside order, and she's going to try for a few more. Several of her guests called just today to say either their children or themselves had a fever. The biggest twist was that my husband got called away unexpectedly, and DS was running around during the show. My host was gracious enough to watch out for him, and everyone loved him. I even joked around saying "I usually don't bring him along, but if you make a special request, I can accommodate." :DAll in all I had a great night. It's really nice to be doing a show within a week of my previous show so I remember what I did wrong and what I need to remember to do again.

Those are the best kind of parties Becky....fun, sales and bookings, who could ask for more? :)

The boutique party does sound like a blast....what appetizer will you be demo'ing?

Love that one guest is 2 bookings! Glad you're feeling better and are back on track!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Those are the best kind of parties Becky....fun, sales and bookings, who could ask for more? :)

The boutique party does sound like a blast....what appetizer will you be demo'ing?

Love that one guest is 2 bookings! Glad you're feeling better and are back on track!

Laurie - are you a director now?

For the Boutique party...I'm not sure yet what I'll be demoing. I know that I'll have the cream cheese and pineapple rum sauce w/ crackers, and the dipping oils w/ bread, but I'll need to talk to the host more and find out what my actual set-up will be.

I think it sounds like a really fun evening too! I'm looking forward to it.

NooraK said:
That boutique party sounds like fun, Becky, I want to come!

I had a party tonight, too. It almost didn't happen, but my host was a trooper. Tuesday her furnace motor broke and caught on fire. She came home and walked into a house full of smoke with her kids. She was lucky to have come home when she did (her dad had asked her to come straight to his house after picking up her son from school) or her whole house would have burnt to the ground. She called me this morning (she lives across the street) and asked if she could have the party at my house because the clean up people told her she shouldn't be in her house, everything must be washed, and they're being put up in a hotel.

I offer my house to hosts normally anyway, so it wasn't a big deal for me. We made the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco, and the guests loved it. I stuck to my note cards again, which helped me get through all the parts and not forget things. I did forget to show my bookings binder and my recruiting binder though, so I'll have to figure out how to work those in.

I sold one $99 set (without giving more than a $1 discount) and one DCB on it's own. I booked one show, and there were a couple of other people who marked they were interested, but I didn't get a chance to talk to. I heard on a tape to announce early that they need to stop by to get a gift (recipe card) before they leave, so I'll have to remember to do that.

Seven guests, four orders and around $360. Host has at least one outside order, and she's going to try for a few more. Several of her guests called just today to say either their children or themselves had a fever.

The biggest twist was that my husband got called away unexpectedly, and DS was running around during the show. My host was gracious enough to watch out for him, and everyone loved him. I even joked around saying "I usually don't bring him along, but if you make a special request, I can accommodate." :D

All in all I had a great night. It's really nice to be doing a show within a week of my previous show so I remember what I did wrong and what I need to remember to do again.

Wow, Noora - way to keep the party going! Glad it all worked out, and it sounds like even with all of the little glitches, it was a fun, successful party!

ChefBeckyD said:
Laurie - are you a director now?

For the Boutique party...I'm not sure yet what I'll be demoing. I know that I'll have the cream cheese and pineapple rum sauce w/ crackers, and the dipping oils w/ bread, but I'll need to talk to the host more and find out what my actual set-up will be.

I think it sounds like a really fun evening too! I'm looking forward to it.

Hola,

I promoted last month....and am hoping to keep it going this month...just need a SC to submit, so fingers crossed.

Keep us posted on the Boutique party....She's bound to have lots of contacts, so I bet it's going to be a huge show with lots of new contacts! Whoo Hoo!

l have a couple of hosts who want holiday entertaining ideas too. I found (here on the endless world of ideas that is CS) the turkey cranberry wreath, hide the turkey recipe and the apple berry salsa as possible demo's. The Greek Torta looks like a great appetizer, as well as the sweet sprinkle dip trio. I have a few for the Dec Holiday Shows, but am hoping to find a couple more for Thanksgiving.

Anyhow, I love reading how well other members are doing, and also seeing how everyone rallies with one another when we hit a slump....you have had a most excellent year and can't wait to see what the Fall Season holds. :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hola,I promoted last month....and am hoping to keep it going this month...just need a SC to submit, so fingers crossed.Keep us posted on the Boutique party....She's bound to have lots of contacts, so I bet it's going to be a huge show with lots of new contacts! Whoo Hoo! l have a couple of hosts who want holiday entertaining ideas too. I found (here on the endless world of ideas that is CS) the turkey cranberry wreath, hide the turkey recipe and the apple berry salsa as possible demo's. The Greek Torta looks like a great appetizer, as well as the sweet sprinkle dip trio. I have a few for the Dec Holiday Shows, but am hoping to find a couple more for Thanksgiving.
Anyhow, I love reading how well other members are doing, and also seeing how everyone rallies with one another when we hit a slump....you have had a most excellent year and can't wait to see what the Fall Season holds. :D
Congratulations! I must have missed it while I was doped up...:):thumbup:
I keep recruiting people...but cannot get that one more SC that I need to promote. I have the largest first line I've EVER had...oh well - it will happen!One show that continues to be very popular with people is the old Festive Holidays show from 2007.(it's at the top of the theme show archives page) I love that show! I've already done one this year. I made the cranberry crunch bark, and then everyone got to take a turn with the cookie press, and everyone made their own pretzel wreath to take home. It was a lot of fun! I showed them all how to turn the bark into a Christmas Tree, and package it for gifting....I spread it out onto the pastry mat, instead of parchment, and cut it up with the pastry tool. I sell alot of both of those products when I do that show!

I've been working. I don't have any shows this week, but I got a request on FB from a friend to place an order for her. The new month starts soon. I spent this morning updating my website. I told people in my November newsletter that I'd be offering weekly holiday tips starting in November, so I thought I'd get a head start. I had a stroke of genius while working on my website. Since I told everyone to start checking the website November 1, I slid in a surprise. My birthday is November 3. If visitors of my website go to my calendar, they'll see where they can be entered into a drawing for a surprise gift just by using the Contact Me feature to wish me a happy birthday. I figure it's a good way to find out if people are using that feature.

Great idea about holiday tips Rae! I may have to steal that suggestion:)

I've been slow right now but gearing up for a great November. I'm having a Mystery Host show on the 1st and have another 5 shows and one vendor event for Nov. Looking forward to it since it's SAT and with Christmas around the corner - the commission will be great too!

Gina, you can't steal what's freely given.

Hi LadiesI want to say thank you for the warm welcome back, that means a lot.I have been so busy this month & not really w/ PC (I know bad me). The farmer's markets are coming to an end except for our winter market (I have to get rid of my eggs some how, LOL). Anyways I can't really say I haven't been working the biz because I helped both my girls submit, We did a bingo fundraiser that I got 1 little show out of. I have booked 3 cooking shows for Nov, 1 catalog show, then at 1 bingo fundraiser I have 3 hosts, & the other bingo fundraiser I have 1 host so far. Plus I'm planning my holiday shopping extravaganza & recipe tasting for the first Sunday in December. I love reading your posts, thanks for keeping me motivated. Here's to a smoking November & hoping to get both my girls qualified.

My show last night got canceled (the one that had been rescheduled due to flooding). The host's aunt is in hospice care in North Carolina, and she's the person dealing with everything. I don't know when we'll be able to reschedule. I had the day off work though, so I spent a lovely day at Amicalola Falls with my family.

I have been trying to reach my host for my November 12th show, and finally did so yesterday. Turns out she's got H1N1 and it's making its way through her family. She asked me to call today since she said she wasn't too coherent at the moment. I left a message for her today.

I have an Expo/Bazaar coming up at work on Tuesday, so I'll have to get ready for that this weekend.

I've been trying to touch base with a couple of recruit leads, and hopefully I'll be able to reach them soon.

Wow! Okay, I haven't been on much lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy!

I closed out October w/ over $5000 in sales - and one new recruit. I also still have 2 who will be signing this week. PLUS....BONUS! I just got off the phone with a past host. He has hosted 2 "Men Only" shows for me, and I've offered him the business opportunity, but he has said no thanks. Until today that is. He called me and first thing asked me how it works for him to sign up to become a consultant! Whooo hooo! He is looking for some supplemental income, and is "leaning very heavily" to PC - his wife is all for it - very supportive, and he will be making his decision this week.

I have 9 shows, 2 vendor events, and 3 catalog shows for November. I am not giving up yet on Disney....still working until midnight on Dec. 31st!

That's awesome Becky!! Way to go:) Keep up your hard work - how many points do you still need for Disney? I wish for you a great remainder of the year!

I had my Mystery Host show yesterday - 12 women attended with 2 teens - nearly $700 in sales! I'm almost 1/2 way to $1500 level in SAT! Unfortunately, I had a show cancel for the 5th (needs to be rescheduled but host can't do it right now). I still have a vendor event this weekend and 4 more shows for November. Hoping to finish the year strong - need just under 6000 more points to get free conference! I really want to do it - first year I've had a recruit (she already earned Level 1 incentive in 6 months after joining in March and she signed her first recruit in June) I need to get more shows on the calendar!

Good luck everyone:)

Gina M said:
That's awesome Becky!! Way to go:) Keep up your hard work - how many points do you still need for Disney? I wish for you a great remainder of the year!

I had my Mystery Host show yesterday - 12 women attended with 2 teens - nearly $700 in sales! I'm almost 1/2 way to $1500 level in SAT! Unfortunately, I had a show cancel for the 5th (needs to be rescheduled but host can't do it right now). I still have a vendor event this weekend and 4 more shows for November. Hoping to finish the year strong - need just under 6000 more points to get free conference! I really want to do it - first year I've had a recruit (she already earned Level 1 incentive in 6 months after joining in March and she signed her first recruit in June) I need to get more shows on the calendar!

Good luck everyone:)

Gina - you are doing very well! Good job!

For me - I need for 3 recruits to qualify (I have 6 in process right now) and then I still need $13,500 in sales beyond that. I'm working hard to get it done!

Just home from a show. Last night's show will be a small one, but most of the small crowd was young and had never been to a PC show before.Tonight I had a big crowd, some of whom I've had at other shows. Right now she's just over $900. :) The host is soooo excited.I close both shows on Monday. Oh, and I'm waiting for The Furry Guy to get home so I can get my stuff out of the van. I locked my purse and keys inside. Sometimes I worry me.

Oh, and in the category of "Keep Calling" I offer the following. Yesterday I called a woman to give her a total. She had called me to order a few things and I told her I'd let her know what she owed and where to send a check. Her husband answered the phone. Here's the conversation we had:Me: Hi, this is Rae. Is Alice there?Him [pleasantly]: Who are you?Me: I'm her Pampered Chef Consultant.Him [still pleasantly]: Okay. Well, wait. She's not going to want to talk to you.Me: Are you sure? I'm returning her phone call.Him: Oh, well hang on. I guess she will want to talk to you.This exchange made me wonder how many calls have been deleted by spouses who thought I was a telemarketer of some kind. Don't give up. Keep making those calls until you speak to an actual person.

Just thought I'd post and give a little bit of how I'm doing. Last week I had 2 shows one was $1,030 my first $1,000 show. I'm getting a little more consistent but still not where I want to be. I have 1 show for November, 2 possibly 3 for December and 1 for January. At least I have one every month so I don't feel like it's my first show all over again every time. My recruit is having a show Nov. 11 which will make her active again! My show for November was booked in close (6 days) which was a first for me but showed me it could be done. Now I won't say it didn't cause some stress because my host likes to put things off until the last minute but it did show me that I could do it.
Thanks for letting me share!

jj16

Just got home from a FUN FUN show!

Right now, the host is at $600 - and I got 2 more bookings for December! Whoo Hooo! I'm excited that my December is almost completely filled, and January has a great start to being filled!

I have 3 consultants signing this week, and one of my consultants has a host who wants to sign. Almost there!

I keep finding ironic that under the old plan, I would have been a Director - and now, with the largest team I've ever had active at once, I'm still not a Director. Just a matter of time though.

I've been making lots of calls in the last few days. I've decided to do a Holiday Recipe Tasting and Mystery Host Show on the 19th. I sent out an invitation to all of my email contacts using iContact (only to find out after it went out that my links don't work). I mailed several invitaiton with mini-catalogs and handed out a few at work (which I have to be very discreet about). I've been calling those who are showing as having opened the invitation since the links don't work, and the next step is to call those who haven't opened to invite them. And of course anyone I don't have an email for.

I'm not going to make it for the two shows between the first and the fifteenth, but maybe I can really ramp up this Mystery Host show and do better than ever before. If nothing else, hopefully I'll at least get $150 and be active :D

Attended a networking event today. I handed out several catalogs and lots of info about my Black Friday Sale. I believe it will prove to be very beneficial.

Wow...weird show tonight.

The host was a home office lead - so I met her for the first time when I got to her show. She was very nice....and there were 14 people @ the show. 5 of them sat at the counter where I was doing the demo, and the rest sat in the dining room or living room...they kept walking by me to get more wine and snacks, and would ask questions as they passed through, but then go back to their conversations in other rooms.

Show is @ $700, and one "maybe" booking. I didn't talk about bookings or the opportunity, really, because once the food was made, they all pretty much ignored me.

The good part was that it was a very quick show. I started at 7:15, was done at 8pm, and had all orders taken, dishes washed all packed up, and on my way home by 9pm. That was nice.

I'm.....tired.

I had shows Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday last week, and then I've had shows Monday & Tuesday of this week...and am preparing for a HUGE event tomorrow at a local furniture store. They are doing a Girls night Out - it's been advertised in all local print media, and also on TV, and they are sending out invites to customers...expecting around 400 women, and I will be doing a scheduled demo! :eek: I'm excited...or I would be if I wasn't so tired.

Good news - My December is pretty much booked, and I have guest lists from all of my Dec. Hosts, and I have 7 shows scheduled so far for January. Just 3 more to go to make my booking goal.

Making calls Monday night netted me two more December catalog shows. Yesterday's contacts simply spread the PC love. ♥

So I made some calls although only 2!:( I can't make calls when my DH is home. I love him but doesn't always help my business. He usually works nights till 10:30 but left early because he has to work the day shift tomorrow and we were discussing the house.

One call got vm-is my Dec 3rd host/recruit lead. Sent a packet today will follow up Saturday once she should have packet. Maybe she'll sign and have her show as her grand opening!:):thumbup: fingers crossed.

Other call was a friend who was on mystery host list and has "owed" me a show for some time now. Forgot she works till about 8 on weeknights. Haven't talked to her or her BF in long time spent too much time catching up with him.

I was on phone for over 1/2 hour though so technically stuck to my goal.

I've been making lots of contacts yesterday & today. So far:

4 shows added to my calendar yesterday

Results from 8 calls tonight:
2 messages
1 possible party with sister (they've been wanting to host for a while, I'll talk to her tomorrow night)
2 taking books to work, definitely will place orders
2 bookings (Dec. 1 & Dec. 10)
1 catalog party

I've got another call to make after 9 tonight (contact's request)

Plus, I've gotten an order for the fundraiser I'm doing. 1 girl = $556! I talked to two other moms that are turning their orders in on Tuesday. One was $400.

I had my Recipe Tasting tonight. Spent the day cleaning and cooking. Had 5 guests, just a pinch over $300 in orders.I have mixed feelings about it currently. I think I'm going to sleep on it before making any decisions on my opinion.The Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp is FABULOUS, and the Chili-Lime Meatballs are pretty good. I didn't care much for the Honey-Apple Brie Bites, but the guests enjoyed them.Now, it's time to go spend time with DH.

Show tonight--3 guests; 2 bookings. She'll have plenty of outside orders to get what she wants. Fun host.

<h2>1. What is the Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010 program all about?</h2><p>The Take Charge/Take Action program is a yearly accountability thread designed to help Pampered Chef consultants set and achieve their goals. It encourages consultants to take charge of their business and take action towards their goals in the new year.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of participating in the Take Charge/Take Action program?</h2><p>Participating in this program can help you stay focused and motivated throughout the year. It also provides a supportive community where you can share your progress and receive encouragement and advice from other consultants.</p><h2>3. What are some examples of goals that consultants may set for themselves in this program?</h2><p>Common goals include increasing sales, recruiting new team members, promoting to a higher level, and improving overall business success. However, each consultant's goals may vary based on their individual business needs and aspirations.</p><h2>4. How can I take charge and take action to achieve my goals?</h2><p>There are many ways to take charge and take action towards your goals. Some suggestions include creating a detailed action plan, consistently tracking your progress, seeking guidance and support from your upline or fellow consultants, and continuously learning and growing in your business.</p><h2>5. How can I promote to director in the upcoming year?</h2><p>Promoting to director is a common goal for many consultants. To achieve this, you can focus on building and training your team, consistently submitting shows, and actively promoting the opportunity to others. It may also be helpful to attend training events and seek guidance from your upline leader.</p>

1. What is the Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010 program all about?

The Take Charge/Take Action program is a yearly accountability thread designed to help Pampered Chef consultants set and achieve their goals. It encourages consultants to take charge of their business and take action towards their goals in the new year.

2. What are the benefits of participating in the Take Charge/Take Action program?

Participating in this program can help you stay focused and motivated throughout the year. It also provides a supportive community where you can share your progress and receive encouragement and advice from other consultants.

3. What are some examples of goals that consultants may set for themselves in this program?

Common goals include increasing sales, recruiting new team members, promoting to a higher level, and improving overall business success. However, each consultant's goals may vary based on their individual business needs and aspirations.

4. How can I take charge and take action to achieve my goals?

There are many ways to take charge and take action towards your goals. Some suggestions include creating a detailed action plan, consistently tracking your progress, seeking guidance and support from your upline or fellow consultants, and continuously learning and growing in your business.

5. How can I promote to director in the upcoming year?

Promoting to director is a common goal for many consultants. To achieve this, you can focus on building and training your team, consistently submitting shows, and actively promoting the opportunity to others. It may also be helpful to attend training events and seek guidance from your upline leader.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpenny99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Poll
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Popinfresh78