• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010!

In summary, Sharon plans to promote to Advance Director, increase bookings and recruitment, and give back to several charities this year.
I had four contacts today. One resulted in an order. :)

Also did a bit of host coaching. I love using Tammy Stanley's ideas. I feel much more connected to my hosts.

My recruit lead called tonight :)

I had started to get worried, She was supposed to have lined up her first few shows a week a go and sign up last week. I hadn't been able to get her on the phone, and though she had changed her mind. She had said she wanted to line up 12 shows before signing to make sure she would succeed. I thought that she had decided it was too much.

Turns out she just got busy with the kids (her oldest started kindergarten today) and a garage sale. We talked some more about not stressing over getting quite that many shows on her calendar, and she said she'll definitely sign this week.

That just goes to show that I can't let my mind make up stories about what I think is going on. I just plain don't know, and all I can do is keep trying to get in touch with people until they tell me to quit calling.

cookie325 said:
Thanks, Laurie! I'm so excited to be going for Directorship again - this time with a supportive spouse!! I can't wait to get my Excellence Awards ring and wear my red ribbon again! :thumbup:

I take it you have been with PC before?

I was and had my red ribbon also. However, I am in the same boat as you, this time it with a supportive hubby also. :) I loved all of the changes they had done during the time I was "off".

Keep us posted to what you are doing so we can support you.

I have been MIA again because I haven't been consistent with my contacts after my maternity leave yet :(. I still need to make time to get those calls in. I used to set aside time from 7-8pm to make calls, but now with the baby, she sometimes decides to eat then, and DH is busy with the other 2 kids playing outside. I need to have my call list ready at the beginning of the day so that I can make calls throughout the day in 5-10 minute time slots.

I did make a contact at the grocery store yesterday. Called back today, but she was on her way to work. Attempted to participate in a booking blitz last night, but I had not prepared my list ahead of time, and kept getting interupted by the 4yr old and the 6yr old.

I have 1 cooking show booked for Aug 29th, and another for Sept. 12th. I have another potential Sept. booking

I have an opportunity to participate in a "Women's Day" booth event at a local church, at the end of the month. I am debating on whether to participate because our Regional Fall Kick-off is the same day and time. I am thinking I should do the booth because that is what is going to bring me business

Made about a dozen calls today. Spoke to one lady who just wasn't interested in anything.

Another call was to a former guest. When she had originally been at a party, she had expressed interest in a show, but when I followed up with her she said she had started divorce proceedings with her husband. This was over a year ago, and she's since then added me as a friend on FB, and she recently came to a TS party I held. She said she'd recently had surgery and was still recovering. She was interested in a party but said she also had consultants from 2 other DS companies that wanted her to do shows. I suggested she might consider a holiday open house. I'll follow up with her later.

I have a show coming up on Sunday. Hopefully I'll do better than last Sunday. I need to check in with my host tomorrow.

I also need to go through my contacts in P3 and create a list of people to call. I feel like I'm going in circles trying to reach the same people over and over again...

Bren706 said:
I have an opportunity to participate in a "Women's Day" booth event at a local church, at the end of the month. I am debating on whether to participate because our Regional Fall Kick-off is the same day and time. I am thinking I should do the booth because that is what is going to bring me business

I did an event like this earlier in the year and loved it. I wasn't able to actually "sell" anything or talk about my business. My theme was Power Cooking. We did a short demo and talked about ideas for cutting down cost's on dinner preparation.

At the end we had sometime and the ladies asked me specific questions about PC and I was able to answer them. I am still having show's off of the bookings. :)

Show tonight. Have a new consultant coming with to observe.

Spent the morning coaching new consultants.

Talked to a home office lead who is interested in starting her own business. She is looking over info that I emailed to her. Her biggest fears stem from a bad experience with selling Avon.

ChefBeckyD said:
Show tonight. Have a new consultant coming with to observe.

Spent the morning coaching new consultants.

Talked to a home office lead who is interested in starting her own business. She is looking over info that I emailed to her. Her biggest fears stem from a bad experience with selling Avon.

There is no comparision between us and Avon. Best of all she would have you!:D

Closed one show, and I'll be leaving in a while to close another. I've made my contacts for the day--one show scheduled. :)

Tried to get on the phone this evening, but had the usual interuptions....um, excuses, and did not get the number of calls in I would have liked.

I did touch base with my Aug 29th host re: her guest list. Also spoke with a lead I met at the local grocery store yesterday. Need to follow up tomorrow. Left a few messages.

pamperedpals said:
I take it you have been with PC before?

Yes, I started PC in '03 and became a director in '05. Then I quit in '07 when I went through my divorce and restarted in '09. :eek: I'm so happy to back - and I love the new career plan!!! Doesn't it make a world of difference when you have a supportive spouse in your corner?! :sing:

Tonight I made calls - I made 5 new contact calls - left messages. I also got in touch with my September 6th and 18th hosts to make sure we were still on. I am about to work on my guest list for my In and Out show that I'm hosting this month and put it on my website. I'm going to do better tomorrow - I'm working on no sleep from last night - gotta love teething! :cry:

I'm off to take a nap! :indif:

Just got home from a fun fun fun show!

I had a new consultant with me, shadowing me. As we pulled away, she commented that shows like that must be why I love my job so much! :love:

We did the BBQ chicken sandwiches, and because this is a past host, who I know has a serious addiction to chocolate (she squirts Hersheys Syrup on her breakfast cereal!), I surprised her by also doing a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake in the DCB!

I got 2 bookings for September - which wraps up my Sept. I have no more open dates, even if someone wanted to book!

Had a great discussion with my consultant on the ride home. I'm really going to enjoy working with her.

I attempted to get on the phone yesterday. The couple of people that I did reach said that they were not ready to host and to call back in a month or so. I did book a booth at a local city park's Fall Festival for October.

I sent a few follow up e-mails out to HO leads that were interested in placing an order, but I had not yet received responses back. I did get one response back. This person "is busy" over the next few weeks but will browse my site after things slow down.

I also got an e-mail response from a voice mail that I had left a potential host. She wants to book her show for October.

Today was not a good day for contacts. I had a hard time making the time to get those calls in :(.

I didn't get a chance to make calls yesterday - my husband was in a car wreck, so we spent the day getting estimates on our car. Today, though, I sent out an email about the discontinued products. One of the people on my email list was a lady I met at an event 2 months ago who checked maybe on her door prize slip for hosting a show. Every time I've tried to contact her (well, both times rather), I could never reach her, so I gave up but added her to my newsletter list. Well, she emailed me back today to set a September date. That brings my total to 5 for September so far. That was as far as I got with contacts today. I spent the rest of the day catching up on the homework, housework, and real estate work that I missed yesterday. Tomorrow, I hit the phones again!

good day... 3 referrals from my networking group 1 for a show, 1 and order or possible fundraiser for a local non profit coffee shop.

Made a bit nore progress with a contact from the Grocery store. (now if I could find her PH# she gave me last year!!!!)She want's to book but is worried that no one has any $. Mentioned teaching economic meal solutions and making it a fun night out.

Gave out 2 recipe cards. 1 to a helpful bank teller who was excited to get it. Another to a helpful checkout girl at Cub foods who had the produce guy search for fresh cilantro for me (no dice and I needed it for my pineapple salsa!!!! O used dried instead :( ) Said CO gal was super excited!

My show tonight.... 1 guest... yup one... over 30 invites sent, I know host did follow up. She did have 200 in outside Orders. On top of it her house was a pigstye! gross floor and counters. (the following might be TMI!!!) Used the Bathroom... mistake!!!! Kiddie potty chair was full!!!! Iiiiiikkkkkkkkkk!

etteluap70PC said:
good day... 3 referrals from my networking group 1 for a show, 1 and order or possible fundraiser for a local non profit coffee shop.

Made a bit nore progress with a contact from the Grocery store. (now if I could find her PH# she gave me last year!!!!)She want's to book but is worried that no one has any $. Mentioned teaching economic meal solutions and making it a fun night out.

Gave out 2 recipe cards. 1 to a helpful bank teller who was excited to get it. Another to a helpful checkout girl at Cub foods who had the produce guy search for fresh cilantro for me (no dice and I needed it for my pineapple salsa!!!! O used dried instead :( ) Said CO gal was super excited!

My show tonight.... 1 guest... yup one... over 30 invites sent, I know host did follow up. She did have 200 in outside Orders. On top of it her house was a pigstye! gross floor and counters. (the following might be TMI!!!) Used the Bathroom... mistake!!!! Kiddie potty chair was full!!!! Iiiiiikkkkkkkkkk!
That may be why no one showed up. I had a host like that. House was disgusting, and smelled so bad that I reeked of it when I'd leave there. Her shows were always poorly attended - except for the Patio Show that she hosted. Inside shows - 3-4 guests. Outside show - 16 guests. :D

Yesterday, I checked in with my host from Sunday. She says she's not going to be able to close the show at least until Sunday, because she has an order from someone at church that she won't get the money from until then. It frustrates me because I told her several times that after the show, she can have them give her a debit card or write the checks out to her, and she can call me with the orders. And I know she has a listing of all the phone numbers of these ladies.

As for calls, I got a hold of one person. Last month she had asked to be invited to my cooking class again. I called, and she asked what we'd be making. When I told her Ham and Cheese Calzone, she said that wouldn't work because she has since become a vegan. Well, that really threw me for a loop, so I didn't go much further from there.

I talked to my ED about what to do with my best friend. She wants to start her own business, but her husband isn't to keen on the idea. We talked about some things to discuss with him to find out the root cause, and see if he'll just let her try.

I also worked on a list of people for today. I pulled the names and items from a couple of shows that are about to hit their one year mark. Hopefully today's calls will go well.

Fun, fun show last night. One booking so far. Sales aren't fantastic, but the host is going to be able to get what she wants. I love fun shows.

Today The Furry Guy and I went to the Wabash Herbfest. Made 2 contacts--people interested in making purchases. :) I'll be sending them catalogs on Monday.

Had 2 booths today and yesterday - talked to many people. Have one who definitely wants to book a show - I will be calling her to follow up. Two others who are maybe bookings. One gal (a Silpada rep) can't do a show but needs lots of new kitchen items - she was checking out the knife block set! (I sure hope to talk to her soon - I took her card to follow up as well). All in all - pretty successful days (in my book) - the weather was hot but I was cool underneath my tent with a great breeze coming in - I'll be sleeping well tonight!

Yesterday, we had our regional kick-off here. It was a GREAT event! On the way home, we stopped by Wal-mart and Target looking for business supplies. I gave out three recipe cards to people I came in contact with. The cashier at Target was especially happy to receive hers. I also made new goals while at the regional meeting after networking with another consultant and seeing her Excellence Awards ring (she earned it in sales and I've always thought that wasn't possible for me.) Anyway, my husband went with me to regional, and now he's pumped about my business and being my full-time cheerleader (he was already super supportive, but now he knows the PC lingo to use! LOL).Now my goals are -
Team Leader by December 31, 2009
Director by April 30, 2009
2009-2010 Excellence Awards in Recruiting
2010-2011 Excellence Awards in Sales and Recruiting
2010-2011 Incentive TripI'm dreaming big here, but why not?! I saw a sign on the way home that read, "You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't make both." I love that, but I am tweaking it a little bit, because its not all about the money for me. Here's my version, "You can make your dreams come true, or you can make excuses. Which one will you make today?"

cookie325 said:
I didn't get a chance to make calls yesterday - my husband was in a car wreck, so we spent the day getting estimates on our car.

Is your husband ok? Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Is your husband ok? Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you! He's fine - just a little shaken up. It was his second wreck this month (neither were his fault). I'm so glad he's okay - it could have been a lot worse. I'm also glad I wasn't with him - I usually work with him during the day, and he got hit really bad on the passenger side where I sit.

This month has been super busy....we have HO coming to town, school starting, team is growing and lots of shows....because of that, my customer care and home life have been poor. Need to regroup and find that happy balance.

My show sales have been lower than normal, which means I need to get back to better host coaching. Had 2 new recruits this month, and another in the works....will be losing a big chunk of my customers and have lost about 12 shows because of it.....BUT that just means my recruits will have a strong base and start if they take advantage of the opportunity.

My 1st August recruit has held her 1st show, and she did it solo! Sounds like it was a great show, and she has 3 catalogs in the works.

My 2nd recruit has a show scheduled for Tuesday and has about 5 other strong booking leads that she hopes to make happen in her 1st 30 days. Fingers crossed.

Recruit lead that hopes to join the last week of Aug....has her kick off show scheduled that week....has her mom picking up orders for a catalog show and has about 2 other family members interested in a party.

I have the 4 active recruit lines in place this month, and it looks like I may also have the $4000 team sales in place. One indirect recruit has 4 catalog shows running so she may submit a show this month too! My becoming a director is SOOOOO close! My other indirect recruit is stating that she doesn't think she will be able to submit a show this month. :cry:

Thus far, my Aug is full....though I have to work on the sales and attendance....my Sept is decent....hoping to add a couple more. Slowly working on getting my team properly supported and active. This has been hard because many can't seem to attend trainings, events or conference calls....which means I am running all over town doing individual training.....any suggestions would be appreciated.

Busy, busy....but not in the most effective manner.

cookie325 said:
Thank you! He's fine - just a little shaken up. It was his second wreck this month (neither were his fault). I'm so glad he's okay - it could have been a lot worse. I'm also glad I wasn't with him - I usually work with him during the day, and he got hit really bad on the passenger side where I sit.

Any accident is scary, but I am glad no serious injuries ensued! God is ever vigilant, and so you were not in the car. = )

Today I made 6 customer care calls - one person needs me to order her a replacement part and is thinking about late September for a show. She asked me to follow up with her next week. Another was about to have a dinner party so couldn't talk, but asked me to email her next month's specials - she loves the bakeware. Maybe I'll get another September show out of it. I also called 2 potential hosts. Left a message for one and the other said not right now, but gave me the OK to follow up in a month or two for a winter show.

So far, still have 5 shows for September - if I get the two ladies I called today to schedule a show, that'll put me up to 6 or 7. I'm working on getting 8-10 for September, so right now I'm halfway there. :thumbup:

My action items for this week -

Pamper my chiropractor's office. Last time I was in, she asked if I still sold PC and darn if I didn't have a catalog or a business card on me. :grumpy: So I plan to make the new Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta (DEE-LISH!!!! and I HATE olives!) and take it to her office along with some catalogs and discontinued product flyers.

Make up closing gift flyers. My husband and two of my hosts are realtors in different brokerages. D'oh!!! Why I haven't done this before is beyond me. :blushing: Someone just give me a brick wall to bang my head against!

Make up a fundraiser flyer. My kids attend a private school and they start next week. This week, they're having a parent orientation meeting, so I figured that would be a great time to approach them about fundraisers for the school.

So my host for the day stood me up. Granted, I haven't been able to reach her for a week, but I figured at least my call two days ago saying I'd bring the ingredients would have spurred a call. The worst part about it: when I rang the doorbell, I could hear someone inside. Now, I'm not 100% sure it was her house because they're joined townhomes, but I'm about 99% sure. And when I left, there was a guy in the street that watched me pull out of the driveway, and then pulled into the driveway as I left. I didn't stop to ask any questions, I had already left a note on the door. So I picked up my son and DH followed on his motorcycle and we went over to a friends' house. We had planned to go after my show anyway, so the time was just earlier. DH needed Friend's help changing the oil in his bike, so I said I'd bring lunch. I had all the products and ingredients in my car anyway. They ended up ordering enough to cover the cost of my ingredients, so the day wasn't a complete loss. Plus, we all had a nice time hanging out.Now, DH and I are going to watch some NCIS while I wait to see if my host calls to close her show.Tomorrow it's back to the phone to find more hosts.

NooraK said:
I had all the products and ingredients in my car anyway. They ended up ordering enough to cover the cost of my ingredients, so the day wasn't a complete loss. Plus, we all had a nice time hanging out.

It sucks that your host stood you up, but like you said, at least the day wasn't a total loss. Good times with friends and orders to boot. Awesome! :balloon:

cookie325 said:
It sucks that your host stood you up, but like you said, at least the day wasn't a total loss. Good times with friends and orders to boot. Awesome! :balloon:

Yes, that helped. It's very hard for me to not take it personally. Since this business is built on relationships, it's hard not to think that it's because of something I did. DH was very good at not letting me dwell on that though.

I don't plan on calling her again, we'll see if she calls me. I'm curious to know if she'll say anything to DH. We all work in the same building, and her desk is only a few feet away from his. So far, nothing.

I haven't made my calls for today yet, I'll have to find some time when I get home. I do have a list ready to go though.

Noora, remember that she's probably embarrassed that she failed. It's about her, not you.I made 6 contacts at the state fair today. One asked for a business card. I'll be sending another a catalog. The other four have consultants currently meeting their needs, but they LOVE PC. I suggested that they contact their consultants soon to learn about the newest products.One more contact--when I got home a friend called and placed an order. I love it when business comes to me. :)

well i attempted to contact my host for the 27th but failed, the last 5 days!!! but she did call me back to say she has been busy with work. she is getting me her guest list tomorrow so ic an get invites sent out.
someone called me today!! someone gave them one of my catalogs and they want to have a show!! that is one contact for me without doing any work wohoo!!!
placed calls with 2 of my past hosts to discuss their shipments which should be arriving this week.
called a potential host, she wants to wait, they are refinishing their living room....will call back in 2 weeks.
for tomorrow i have one potential host to call she works with my aunt and said she would love to have a show!
and i need 2 more contacts for tomorrow...i am goign to my mom's place of work so i might be able to hand out some caddys and such there!

raebates said:
Noora, remember that she's probably embarrassed that she failed. It's about her, not you.

Yes, it's a new world I'm navigating after going to Tammy Stanley's workshop. I just keep thinking about the half a dozen calls I made out to her in the week or so before her show, wondering why she didn't answer. What I'm not sure about is whether I should approach her about it or not. I could very well go upstairs to her desk and ask her if everything's ok. Or call her. I don't want her to think I'm mad at her, because I'm not. But I also don't really want to have the conversation about possibly rescheduling.

But on to better things: I'm now a Senior Consultant! :D :love: :sing: The gal that I've been talking to for the last two weeks signed her contract on Sunday! We got on the phone last night and talked with my ED and set up some calls to do New Consultant Training over the phone. She is so excited, and I'm so excited, and this is what makes this all so much fun!

NooraK said:
Yes, it's a new world I'm navigating after going to Tammy Stanley's workshop. I just keep thinking about the half a dozen calls I made out to her in the week or so before her show, wondering why she didn't answer. What I'm not sure about is whether I should approach her about it or not. I could very well go upstairs to her desk and ask her if everything's ok. Or call her. I don't want her to think I'm mad at her, because I'm not. But I also don't really want to have the conversation about possibly rescheduling.

But on to better things: I'm now a Senior Consultant! :D :love: :sing: The gal that I've been talking to for the last two weeks signed her contract on Sunday! We got on the phone last night and talked with my ED and set up some calls to do New Consultant Training over the phone. She is so excited, and I'm so excited, and this is what makes this all so much fun!

Congratulations Noora! So excited for you!

We've had colds/fevers here for the past several days...just didn't feel good, and was busy with a little guy who was also sick.

I did close a show yesterday @ $440 and 2 bookings.

I also booked my first November Show. :thumbup: I had to move in to November because all of my available Saturday Brunch dates are booked for Sept. & Oct

Phone calls hopefully today...and a show tonight.

I am joining in! I want to promote to director by 1/1/2010! I am a senior consultant and I have someone I will be signing any day, and a consultant who may re-sign.

We have had a rough year (or two). We decided to close down the cafe, and move to a place with less overhead, but the longer we are closed, the more I enjoy being at home. I feel like I missed a lot with Mary working all those hours. I am trying to date as many shows as possible, so I can continue to stay home. I want to do at leat 8 shows a month. It takes time to build up to it, but after keeping at it, I am seeing results!

AJPratt said:
I am joining in! I want to promote to director by 1/1/2010! I am a senior consultant and I have someone I will be signing any day, and a consultant who may re-sign.

We have had a rough year (or two). We decided to close down the cafe, and move to a place with less overhead, but the longer we are closed, the more I enjoy being at home. I feel like I missed a lot with Mary working all those hours. I am trying to date as many shows as possible, so I can continue to stay home. I want to do at leat 8 shows a month. It takes time to build up to it, but after keeping at it, I am seeing results!

Anne,

It's so good to see your smile! Welcome back to CS. Good luck with all your goals!

AJPratt said:

Having a baby changes everything, doesn't it? (just like the commercial says!)

I think that, no matter what you decide to do, you will be successful, Anne!

I made my calls at lunch. Still no shows.

One call was to a lady that had asked a bunch of questions about the business and then rushed off the phone the last time we talked. Today she said "I haven't been returning your calls because I can't do this." I told her that's all I needed to know, I just wanted to make sure her questions were answered. She sounded very rushed so I didn't ask her what her concern was, although I probably should have.

Another call was to someone who I saw on my iContact list of opens. She said she can't do a show because she's broke and all her friends are broke and no one would come. It's a roadblock I keep coming up to, and I can't seem to get them excited about the $2 per serving recipes and other money saving ideas.

But, with my consultant that sigend yesterday, I made my Director a Director again, so I'm happy about that :)

Made four contacts while out today getting my hair done and my regularly scheduled massage. Wound up with an order for the Creole Rub once it's available.

Sent out an outlet email last night around midnight - woke up to an order for $92.50:) I love getting paid while I sleep! Talked with another friend who is loading up for early holiday gifts with SA on the outlet - will get her full order later tonight. I debated about sending out another email but so glad I did - and it didn't take me more than 1/2 hour to do it.

Still trying to connect with a few potential hosts to get them on my calendar - hoping to catch more people with school in session or close to being back in session. I have a show on Friday (first live one since June 28th! - anxious to get my face in front of a crowd again:)

well i made all my contacts today!! wohoo!!
i called my possible host, but she was out so left a message hopefully she will call me back yet tonight or i will try agaiin tomrrow she sounded really excited for hosting a show!!
my second contact just called me back! and i am dropping off a host packet tomorrow to her!!
my third contact was at my mom's place of work and gave her a caddy, she will look through and hopefully purchase!
also got my invites for my next show written out and ready to put in the mail tomorrow...and now i am off to organize my office yet again seems like a never-ending task!

I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. One of my hosts for September who I've been playing phone tag with called me. She decided to cancel her show with me - AND SIGN UP INSTEAD!!!! :balloon: She seriously went to my website while I was on the phone with her and signed up!!!! What's so freakin cool is that today was the last day for me to sign someone to get the recruiting bonus for attending conference - so now I will get it if she submits $1250 in 30 days! And I had never even talked to her about the business!!!! I'm SO STOKED!!! :sing: I'm now a Senior Consultant - halfway to my December goal of Team Leader!!!!!!!!!!! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

cookie325 said:
I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. One of my hosts for September who I've been playing phone tag with called me. She decided to cancel her show with me - AND SIGN UP INSTEAD!!!! :balloon: She seriously went to my website while I was on the phone with her and signed up!!!! What's so freakin cool is that today was the last day for me to sign someone to get the recruiting bonus for attending conference - so now I will get it if she submits $1250 in 30 days! And I had never even talked to her about the business!!!! I'm SO STOKED!!! :sing: I'm now a Senior Consultant - halfway to my December goal of Team Leader!!!!!!!!!!! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Congratulations!

That's how I signed up too. I was supposed to host a show for my friend who had just become a consultant, but decided to just sign up instead.

Thanks, Ladies! I am excited to be back and I am filling my calendar! I have one consultant who is signing Friday! Yea!!

cookie325 said:
Yesterday, we had our regional kick-off here. It was a GREAT event! On the way home, we stopped by Wal-mart and Target looking for business supplies. I gave out three recipe cards to people I came in contact with. The cashier at Target was especially happy to receive hers.

I also made new goals while at the regional meeting after networking with another consultant and seeing her Excellence Awards ring (she earned it in sales and I've always thought that wasn't possible for me.) Anyway, my husband went with me to regional, and now he's pumped about my business and being my full-time cheerleader (he was already super supportive, but now he knows the PC lingo to use! LOL).

Now my goals are -
Team Leader by December 31, 2009
Director by April 30, 2009
2009-2010 Excellence Awards in Recruiting
2010-2011 Excellence Awards in Sales and Recruiting
2010-2011 Incentive Trip

I'm dreaming big here, but why not?! I saw a sign on the way home that read, "You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't make both." I love that, but I am tweaking it a little bit, because its not all about the money for me. Here's my version, "You can make your dreams come true, or you can make excuses. Which one will you make today?"

Love this quote, Nicole. Thanks for sharing. I need to post this all around my house.

Nice to see you back, Anne!

I am still having a hard time making the time to pick up that phone. I am hoping that when school starts next week, it will give me some quiet time during the day to get back into the swing of things.

Today, I am sending out the rest of my invitations for my first ever Open House show. (I am calling it a Recipe Tasting Party). I am having it next Thursday, as I have no sales for August yet, and only 1 party scheduled, which is on the 29th :(. I do have a booth event that day as well. I scheduled my postcalls invite call for this morning.

I made around a dozen calls again last night. I had a nice conversation with a lady who has recently been laid off, but is now going to college full time to get her teaching degree. She wants to concentrate on that for now, but might be interested in the business in the future.

I also spoke with my HD about wordings for getting bookings. She couldnt help with the part about getting them to pick up the phone though :D Hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon, I'm getting tired of making calls without any bookings.

cookie325 said:

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

I made another bunch of calls again. No answers, all messages. Then my phone died. I'm going to try to make some more when I get home tonight, depending on how much DS wants his mommy.

cookie325 said:

That's awesome! Wish they'd all be that easy!

But I hate to be the pooper- but I thought the deadline was August 18th, not the 19th? I was at Wave 3 also...we had till August 18th. :( I'm hoping you meant she signed on the 18th, not on the day you posted (the 19th). BUT you'll still get a chance for the $50 Visa Gift card! Now get her lining up those 3-4 shows so she makes that mark! Encourage her with the free stones! :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpenny99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Poll
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Popinfresh78