• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010!

In summary, Sharon plans to promote to Advance Director, increase bookings and recruitment, and give back to several charities this year.
Another good day at my fair booth. Traffic was a bit slow but many good show leads, a few recruit leads and 1 interview scheduled. I am working toward 10 shows booked and 3 new consultants. (that is my goal anyway for results from this fair).

I spent the day yesterday with the Family @ a Car Show...didn't have any leads or any contacts.

Also, today was church this morning - no PC contacts, other than speaking to a host briefly about closing her show.
Lunch, Nap, and relaxing with the guys, and now we are biking to the In-Laws for the evening.

HOWEVER! I LOVE BEING A TEAM LEADER! Those leads are amazing....

In the month of July, I have one consultant (HO lead) signed, and just got another one today! I also had an online purchase yesterday from a HO Lead - bringing my total for online lead purchases to $250 for the month!

I love it when the computer does the work for me!:sing:

I had a good show today, 1 definite show booked from it, 2 more checking calender and 1 recruit lead! That makes 15 on the calender for August and 5 people checking calenders. i just might hit that goal of 25 for the month!

I participated in a booking blitz yesterday, but didn't have a lot of luck with it. Left 12 voicemails, spoke to 3 people that I need to call back because it was not a good time for them, and spoke to a potential recruit lead that is also a potential fundraiser lead. Need to get organized and continue with calls tomorrow.

Bren706 said:
I participated in a booking blitz yesterday, but didn't have a lot of luck with it. Left 12 voicemails, spoke to 3 people that I need to call back because it was not a good time for them, and spoke to a potential recruit lead that is also a potential fundraiser lead. Need to get organized and continue with calls tomorrow.

You are doing great Brenda! Making the calls is the hardest first step! It will happen!

Just talked to my HO lead from yesterday - she wants to just get started. We are meeting Wednesday for lunch @ Panera, and she will be signing then!
:sing::sing: It keeps gettin' better! :sing::sing:
Waahh Hoooo!

I am entering orders from the fair. I will now earn the July promo!
Need to start my follow up today to book shows with everyone who said they wanted to book, and maybee create some interest in the business.

I only made five calls at lunch today.

One person I had met at a booth a while back and had given a replacement parts form to. She said she still needed the piece, but would have to call me back later today.

One person I had met at Midway on the way back from conference. She went to FL for a week for vacation and had lost the mini I gave her. She asked for my website address.

One no answer, one message.

Then I spent an hour on the phone with a past host who had questions about starting her own business! :D She is very excited, and I told her to look at her calendar, pick days and call up some friends to line up her first 6 shows. She said she still wants to talk to her husband, but she's already done a little of that, so I know he's not going to talk her out of it.

I'm feeling good today!

Holy buckets.... I now have 2 interviews with potential new cons!

I am a bit iffy about 1 of them. Please help me to not prejudge! Any ideas or tips?

I made 16 calls today

12 messages, 2 no answers
One person not interested in what I had to offer
One person who was at the pool, but wants to talk to me later about a date for her show.

Oh, and the gal I talked to yesterday? I saw her in the parking lot on my way to the car to get my phone. She only comes in about once every three months when she needs to change her password. She said she'd spoken to her husband and he was supportive of what she wants to do. She's going to take some time this weekend to put together her first few bookings (she wants to be sure that when she jumps in, she'll be successful), and once she has her list, she'll sign the contract.

Wahoo!

etteluap70PC said:

I am a bit iffy about 1 of them. Please help me to not prejudge! Any ideas or tips?

Ask lots of questions and let them do the talking. Find out what it is that interested them, and steer the conversation in that direction.

I had two contacts at the massage therapist's today. One is thinking about ordering. The other is thinking about hosting. I'll be talking with them again.Two more contacts at the Christian lending library. One is planning to order soon for early Christmas gifts. The other is just looking for now. Gave everyone current catalogs and new fall minis.

I made 23 calls today - 15 of which were messages to people I've invited to the Cooking Class I'm having tomorrow. The rest were mostly messages. I did get one person who was busy at work, another who was driving, and one who seemed interested in the 60% off cookware and will check my available dates with some of her friends.I'm really hoping I will get some bookings out of that cooking class tomorrow.

etteluap70PC said:

Take the Online Training Class "The Recruiting Interview"...the other one is good too. ("Invitation to Interview") But it shows you how to use the "Come Join Us" booklet and things to say! Then download the PDF file that goes along with the course.

It's excellent. I haven't had a chance to try it, but was blown away by how simple it was - and that I didn't need to reinvent the wheel! :D Love that about PC!

Oh...I made 7 calls today. Most of them were "Big MAC" type calls, and one was a potential recruit lead (now a cold lead, who also canceled her show in October- she's "just too busy right now". Uh..in OCTOBER?? She's a former consultant...I wasn't going to push it. Least she told me NOW so I can book it again.)But I made the calls! That's a huge step for me!

Congratulations, Bobbi. Just picking up the phone and making those calls is a big step.I did a show last night--7 guests, 1 booking, 1 future wedding registry. We're planning to close the show Friday.Tonight's host is expecting "right about 20 people." She already has just over $300 in orders. Love hosts like that. Of course, I love all of my hosts. :)

I had a fun show last night (no bookings and low sales but it was fun) Planted some recruiting seeds with a few of the men there. Both would be AWESOME!

Stopped at the local Grogery store and my recipe card (from VP) was a huge hit! The cashier LOVEs PC. There was a line behind me so did not get her info. I will be back and looking for her with survey slip in hand! Think she would be an awesome host or consultant!

Have been running around....keeping in touch with a few team members...host coaching and booking....I am so behind, I may lose a few leads because of it. sigh..but lots of GREAT things have been occuring this week too! :sing:

One of my Fab recruits, just signed her first recruit! Whoo Hoo....She is now a senior consultant, and just got a pay raise!

Got a few donations and some interested people in joining my Making Strides team. Whoo Hoo

One of my recruits will be qualifying with a show she is submitting tomorrow! Yay!! She is also a senior consultant! Wahoo!

I have a show on Sat....another recruiting lead is coming to observe....I have another show on Sunday, hosted by an interested recruit lead....so hopefully, they'll decide they're ready!

Now, if I could carve up some time and follow up with my booking leads! There's 4 interested people, but I haven't been able to truly follow up! Agh!

I'm so excited....as of today, I have the team structure for director!! 6 recruits, 2 who are Sr. Consultants! Now, let's get them ALL active, consistently....and then I can do a happy dance! = )

Tips are welcomed...

Closing a show tomorrow...host rebooked for Oct, and I got a booking for Aug...registry lead

My cooking class last night was a semi-flop. Only one person showed up, but we ended up having a nice chat, and she's interested in booking a show. She's thinking September. I probably didn't advertise this as much as I should have, but then again, I only decided to do it a week ago. I'm going to give it another shot next month, hopefully to better results.

My show last night was great. Ten guests. Sales were nearly $800. Garnered 4 bookings and 1 Wedding Registry. Sat a while and talked with the host, her boyfriend, and one of the guests after the show--for a couple of hours. LOL! Since the show was 2 hours away, I didn't get home until just after 1 a.m. I'm waaaay too old to do that. It was worth it, though.Two of my favorite things about last night's show were Matt and Gracie. Gracie is a year old. She was my live laugh track. About every second or third joke, just before the adults got the joke, she'd let out a belly laugh. It was hysterical. Matt is about 5. He got a little miffed when I didn't include him in the introductions, so I apologized. I asked him his name. "Matt." I asked him how he knew Kendra. "She's my mommy's friend." I asked him what word he thought of when he thought of Kendra. "She plays with me." Then, when we played the Have It! Love it! Got a Question game, he asked if he could play. I said it was okay with me if if was okay with Mommy. She said it was okay. Periodically he would raise his hand and say something like, "I like to go to my friend's house. We play." His fifth piece of candy was his last--Mommy's orders. Later she apologized for his interruptions. I assured her he absolutely made the show. This morning one of the guests called to ask a question. She asked if the kids bothered me. (She wasn't the mom of any of the little ones at the show.) I assured her they didn't. She said they would have driven her crazy. I didn't tell her that I've had shows where the kids were actually misbehaving. Wouldn't want to frighten people away. ;)Today I made 5 contacts. No visible results, but I'm sowing those seeds.

Last edited:
I did my calls later last night, as I did last Friday. My boys came to have lunch with me today, so I didn't do them during my lunch hour.I spoke to a gal I know in MD, told her that I had been given a challenge to have a show in every state (she doesn't have to know I gave the challenge to myself :) ). She said they had JUST moved into a new house the day before, but maybe September.Then I got a hold of the host who had been scheduled for July 23rd and rescheduled for 8/16.I also spoke with another gal and tentatively set a date for 8/13. She said she had to check with her friends, and I used what I had learned in Tammy Stanley's class and reminded her that the date's not going to work for everyone, and to just check with a couple of the most important guests she wants to be there.When I checked in with my ED, she gave me a challenge to come up with 10 names of friends who would be willing to help me by participating in a survey (a disguised recruiting interview). So today, I'll be working on that list.Ah, the baby has woken up, so I must be off to see his smile!

14 calls today. 12 messages, one person on the other line and one person not interested.

I'm starting to run out of names, and getting frustrated with not getting answers.

I worked on that list of names for the challenge. Now I just have to be able to get them on the phone...

Set up some shows online....sent emails...a bit of host coaching and follow ups. August is looking good....have a couple set for sept....but will need to take some time off as it is a big family bday month....

Hoping to wrap up 2 shows in the next couple of days, which may take longer than I imagined....but the hosts seem happy, so we'll see.

More follow up calls over the next couple of days....have a table tomorrow night, team support over the next couple of days....busy, busy....imagine that! lol

Ok I just made 7 calls all VOICE MAILS UGH!! I left a message that I would call back tomorrow in the evening. I know 3:00 isn't the best time to call...but it takes a lot for me to pick up that phone.

UPDATE********** after leaving all the messages yesterday I got 2 calls and both booked a show!!!!!

Last edited:
made calls last night. 1 booking for sept. 3 Definetly call me back tomorrow I am on the road. lots of left messages!

Okay after reading this thread from the very beginning to end, I am going to put my goals out there with all of you:

1. Consistently hold 8 shows a month
2. Consistently follow-up with all leads
3. Support my downline
4. Earn Level 1
5. Director by December

Phew....that was harder than I thought. ;)

No contacts yesterday. My baby boy visited! Did make a host coaching call for tonight's show, though.

raebates said:
No contacts yesterday. My baby boy visited! Did make a host coaching call for tonight's show, though.

Awwww! That's much more important, anyway. Hope you had a great visit!

Made about a dozen calls. No meaningful conversations (mostly messages and one "can't talk, at work"). Have a couple of people that have responded back that they'll do the survey with me, one of them I am calling tonight.Now I just have to find more people to call tomorrow.

I made 15 calls, most were to my bridal list. I booked one catalog show for August, I got one registry (October wedding) and one October wedding that wanted information sent to her for a bridal shower. Those that I LM at, I emailed from my website, information about the wedding registry.

Made two hosess coaching calls for my upcoming show's this week and next. This Friday's host is going to sign after her show, so she can use FPV to buy down her kit. Wahoo!:D

Sent emails out to dowline about upcoming Bridal Showers and 2010 National Conference.

I also cleaned my desk off, so I could find it and my leads.;) Brought them (the leads) to work, so I can make calls on my lunch.

ChefBeckyD said:
Awwww! That's much more important, anyway. Hope you had a great visit!
It was wonderful! Last night I had a show. There were 13 guests. One guest brought her (I'm guessing) 6-year-old daughter, Josie. Josie wants to be a chef. She asked the most amazing questions about the products. She wound up winning the Have It! Love It! game. Of the 13 guests, 7 commented on their survey slips that they loved the show. One said it was the most fun she'd had at a PC show ever. I love those shows. Added 8 names to my newsletter list, too. :)Calls tonight.

I got one contact while I was doing my calls at lunch yesterday. She wasn't interested in doing a show at this time though.

Later in the evening I was able to get a hold of two people to complete that survey for the assignment from my ED. I had also spoken to a third person the day before.

Person 1: Finds the opportunity intriguing, but doesn't belive she has the time to devote to it. We did talk a bit about how much time it takes, but she still feels she wants to wait on it for now. She did say she might have a friend who might be interested, but she'll have to talk to her first.

Person 2: Not interested in the opportunity, doesn't feel is her cup of tea.

Person 3: This person had come to the show I did at my mother-in-law's house when we were visiting in California. He had taken a packet, but I wasn't good at following up. He said that it had all looked like a lot of fun, and he's always been an entrepreneurial type. He has since then gotten into something else (totally my bad, take heed: follow up is important!). But he's going to be having lunch with a friend today that he thinks might be interested, and will give my literature to him.

I've got a couple more people who I need to get in touch with to do the survey with.

I also finally got a hold of my host for the 16th to do my first host coaching call. I truly believe one of the reasons she rescheduled her last show was because I didn't get a chance to do this before (I wasn't persistent enough in trying to reach her). After going to Tammy Stanley's class at conference, I see things so much differently, and I've been making a concentrated effort to get a hold of her. Doubly important with this host, because she's never done any kind of product party before.

Did a Neighbor's Night Out Event on Tues with a teammate. It was fun and low key....made a whole bunch of contacts....following up with them and hoping for some shows.

From CCC, i have another show booked for Sept.

No results from last night's contacts, but that's okay.Forgot to add that at Tuesday's show I gave away information about the business to two people. I followed up. One took the info for someone else. The other isn't interested at this time.

I did better with my calls today. I made about a half a dozen calls. Two were to recruit leads and I've asked them about the survey. Both want me to call later tonight, one was at work, and the other will be driving to Cleveland from Tennessee and will welcome the company, even if by phone :) The third is in the process of sending her daughter back to college for her Jr year, but may be interested in a show in September.

A few contacts in the last few days - went to Aldi on Tuesday with our reusable shopping bags - a woman who was delivering to the store asked for my catalog. I had my yearly mammogram today - as I was leaving a woman who worked there saw my shirt and bag and asked for a catalog. I called around 14 people yesterday for CC calls - got a few more people on my bulk catalog mailing list for fall. Also touched base with a woman who wants a Sept/Oct show - she'll contact me when she knows her kid's early fall schedule better. Also booked a table at a Rehab/Health Care Center who are doing a community garage sale along with tables on August 14th - I'll be able to sell PC and unload some garage sale items at the same time - bonus!

Made my calls. Added 1 catalog show and 1 cooking show to my calendar. Two other hosts are checking with the 2 or 3 people they have to have at their show. I'll be back in touch with them soon. I love calls like those. :)

Busy week for me. I've spent a lot of time working with 4 new consultants. All have signed at different times this summer, and we are gearing up for an INCREDIBLE Fall season!

In the meantime, I had 3 shows for August cancel. One turned into a catalog show, and it sounds like it's going well. (she forgot when she booked that it was Fair Week, and her kids are heavily involved in 4-H) The other two...one just completely flaked out on me. The other one emailed saying she wanted to reschedule, but I haven't been able to get her on the phone to do that.

Soooo, I went to work and booked 2 shows to take their place, and also got invitations done from Vistaprint for my own Fall Preview Extravaganza!

6 shows, and a Catalog show for August on the books at this time. Hopefully that will keep me on track for the Disney Trip. September is FULL! 10 Shows booked right now. 5 booked for October.

1 host in Aug. interested in signing, 2 in September. Every booking, and every recruit lead gets me closer to my Disney goal.

That is most fabulous, Becky! Congrats and Great Job! I love reading how well you are doing....makes me excited to see your success.

I have a party tomorrow, on Sat and then doing a Kick Off for one of my newer recruits. I am hoping it's successful and that she gets a strong start....she has really been working it, so I would like to see it pay off for her.

Just signed another recruit tonight ! Whoo Hoo! She is excited and amazed at how "easy" it is to garner interest for PC. = ) Looks like she has 1 cooking show, and 3 catalogs in the works already....she wants the 2 stones....so, go Melinda! = )

Neighbor's Night Out Contact Call Results- 1 definite Aug booking, Had another email me that she's looking at Sept....another is suppose to check with her church ladies for an Aug show, another is checking with her hubby (but she was not happy that her gen II pan will not be replaced with a new one), another is interested in an Aug catalog but needs to call me back as she was busy at work, reached a father whose daughter listed HIS number in the drawing slip - LOL....he's not up for a show, but will forward my info to his neighbor who "always has PC parties" and he asked to be signed up with my newsletter, another needs to check with roommate but is interested, left VM with 3 others, one gave me wrong contact info.....

It's going to be a crazy month for me....everyone please pray I have the stamina....shows, with training and meetings.....kind of anxious....but GOD is good, and I know he'll help me see it through. = )

4 hours at the fair tonight. Soooo slow. No people. I had only 3 leads. One was interested in the business! I'm following up with a mailing tomorrow and a phone call on Monday with an invite to our cluster meeting next Thursday. We'll be sampling a lot of recipes from the new SB.

Followed-up with leads from a fair a couple of weeks ago. One person is calling me back today to confirm date of show, left msg for others.

Have a show tonight, host is interested in signing up (cool beans) and have a show tomorrow.

Will do more follow-up and contact's Sunday evening after we get home from fishing. :)

Show tonight. I'm looking forward to lots of contacts.

I plan to do my contacts later tonight. DH & DS came to have lunch with me today.

Last night I made a couple of interview/survey calls. Neither of the people I spoke to are interested in the business right now for themselves, but both said they might have someone who they can refer.

Friday's show was a bust. Host indicated once I was there, that she didn't want to bother any of her friends since their husbands just deployed the day before. So she just had a couple of friends coming. Okay no prob. However, when he one friend showed up it was with her hubby and 5 kids. I still did the demo. No one bought anything and I basically was there to feed everyone and their kids.:mad: Host still want's to sign up in mid-September.

I did however make a contact at my attorney's office before the party. I will be following up with her in the next couple of days. It's not like I won't be seeing alot of her in the next couple of months. ;)

Saturday's show was rescheduled because host just got back from camping the night before and wasn't completely ready. That was a blessing for us, we were able to go see my hubby's nephew's daughter being born. She is gorgeous!

Making calls tonight.

I want to join in - is it too late? I've got my goals all figured out, and I need all the support I can get. Even if its too late to jump in for my accountability, I'm going to post my goals so that someone else sees them (and if I type it, its gotta be true right?!) Here goes:

:balloon:promote to Team Leader by December 2009
:balloon:promote to Director by April 30, 2010 (walk at NC)
:balloon:Earn Level 2 of the 2010 incentive trip
:balloon:Earn Excellence Rewards in Recruiting in 2010
:balloon:Minimum of 6-8 shows a month - EVERY month

So far, 4 shows for September and 4 for October, so I'm halfway to my goal for those months. My August hosts all rescheduled, so I'll be hosting my own show and getting on the phone doing the 24 bookings in 24 hours.

cookie325 said:
I want to join in - is it too late? I've got my goals all figured out, and I need all the support I can get. Even if its too late to jump in for my accountability, I'm going to post my goals so that someone else sees them (and if I type it, its gotta be true right?!) Here goes:

It is never to late to join. :)

You have awesome goals. It will be fun watching you achieve them!

Had a show Sunday. Eight guests, six orders. No bookings or recruit leads. I really need to practice my show format more. With not having done a show since May, I was quite lost. I had made the mistake of giving my host the option to do a skillet cake, which of course resulted in a very hot kitchen. I rushed through and pretty much skipped my opening in order to get the ladies into the living room which was much more comfortable.

I did MACs today and spoke with two ladies. My host had also given me the name and number of someone who had not been able to make it. We ended up talking for 45 minutes about all kinds of things. She was interested in hosting a catalog show, but I suggested co-hosting (she says she doesn't have room for a cooking show). She will check with a couple of friends.

But I'm keeping at it...

pamperedpals said:
You have awesome goals. It will be fun watching you achieve them!

Thanks, Laurie! I'm so excited to be going for Directorship again - this time with a supportive spouse!! I can't wait to get my Excellence Awards ring and wear my red ribbon again! :thumbup:

I had four contacts today. One resulted in an order. :) Also did a bit of host coaching. I love using Tammy Stanley's ideas. I feel much more connected to my hosts.

<h2>1. What is the Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010 program all about?</h2><p>The Take Charge/Take Action program is a yearly accountability thread designed to help Pampered Chef consultants set and achieve their goals. It encourages consultants to take charge of their business and take action towards their goals in the new year.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of participating in the Take Charge/Take Action program?</h2><p>Participating in this program can help you stay focused and motivated throughout the year. It also provides a supportive community where you can share your progress and receive encouragement and advice from other consultants.</p><h2>3. What are some examples of goals that consultants may set for themselves in this program?</h2><p>Common goals include increasing sales, recruiting new team members, promoting to a higher level, and improving overall business success. However, each consultant's goals may vary based on their individual business needs and aspirations.</p><h2>4. How can I take charge and take action to achieve my goals?</h2><p>There are many ways to take charge and take action towards your goals. Some suggestions include creating a detailed action plan, consistently tracking your progress, seeking guidance and support from your upline or fellow consultants, and continuously learning and growing in your business.</p><h2>5. How can I promote to director in the upcoming year?</h2><p>Promoting to director is a common goal for many consultants. To achieve this, you can focus on building and training your team, consistently submitting shows, and actively promoting the opportunity to others. It may also be helpful to attend training events and seek guidance from your upline leader.</p>

1. What is the Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010 program all about?

The Take Charge/Take Action program is a yearly accountability thread designed to help Pampered Chef consultants set and achieve their goals. It encourages consultants to take charge of their business and take action towards their goals in the new year.

2. What are the benefits of participating in the Take Charge/Take Action program?

Participating in this program can help you stay focused and motivated throughout the year. It also provides a supportive community where you can share your progress and receive encouragement and advice from other consultants.

3. What are some examples of goals that consultants may set for themselves in this program?

Common goals include increasing sales, recruiting new team members, promoting to a higher level, and improving overall business success. However, each consultant's goals may vary based on their individual business needs and aspirations.

4. How can I take charge and take action to achieve my goals?

There are many ways to take charge and take action towards your goals. Some suggestions include creating a detailed action plan, consistently tracking your progress, seeking guidance and support from your upline or fellow consultants, and continuously learning and growing in your business.

5. How can I promote to director in the upcoming year?

Promoting to director is a common goal for many consultants. To achieve this, you can focus on building and training your team, consistently submitting shows, and actively promoting the opportunity to others. It may also be helpful to attend training events and seek guidance from your upline leader.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpenny99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Poll
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Popinfresh78