• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can someone share the Taco Ring recipe from Dorris' cookbook?

The recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 pounds of ground beef, so that's what I use. Half a pound would be too little, and a full pound would be too much.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Okay, so I didn't get Dorris' cookbook but could someone please give me the Taco Ring recipe out of it???? I have seen a few posted here but a 1/2 lb of ground beef just doesn't seem to be enough to fill the ring.

Thank you! My host tonight wants to demo this recipe because it's her favorite and I had copied down the one from here but last night I was thinking how a 1/2 lb just doesn't seem to be enough...

Karen

Nope, it's half a pound. This is a REALLY old copy from my MSWord recipes files...
Taco Ring
1/2 lb. cooked ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 Tbs water
2 8oz pkg crescent roll dough
1 med green pepper
1/2 head lettuce, shredded
1 med tomato, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup salsa
Sour cream

Heat oven to 375. Combine meat, taco mix, cheese, and water. Arrange crescent triangles in a circle with bases overlapping and points out on the 13" stone, leaving a 5" circle in center. Spoon meat on triangle bases. Fold points over meat and tuck under. Bake 20-25 min until brown. Cut off the top of the pepper (using PC V-shaped cutter). Fill pepper with salsa and place in center of ring. Mound lettuce, tomato, onions, and olives around pepper. Garnish with sour cream.
Serves 8.​

Tip: Make sure that you leave the crescent rolls in the fridge until you are ready to use them! If they are out too long, they get super flimsy & stretch. You can still use them, but the cold ones maintain their original size & make a much more appealing presentation on the final product. ;)

This recipes is also in the All the Best if you have that.

Thanks ~ didn't realize that it was in "All The Best". Just checked that and it says 1.5 lbs of ground beef! What should I do ~ maybe just use the 1 lb the host most likely bought?

IME, 1 pound tastes better (we're a totally meat eating family) but the 1/2 pound looks better. You won't have as much of it covered. Works either way - go with what she buys and make it work.

I buy by the pound & that's what I use when I do it at home. ;)

I have always used the 1 and 1/2 lb that it calls for in All The Best. I have used only 1lb when that was all the host had and it was ok too. IMHO I don't think 1/2 lb would be enough. Although after reading the above recipe, mine makes a larger ring on the large stone and feeds more than 8.

I use ground turkey and that comes in a 1.25 size, can't imagine using less!?

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Taco Ring?

To make a Taco Ring, you will need 2 tubes of crescent roll dough, ground beef, taco seasoning, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced onions, and any other desired toppings such as black olives or jalapenos.

2. What is the cooking time and temperature for the Taco Ring?

The Taco Ring should be baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown and the filling is heated through.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for the Taco Ring?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian crumbles for a healthier option.

4. How many servings does the Taco Ring recipe make?

The Taco Ring recipe serves 6-8 people, but can easily be doubled for larger gatherings.

5. Can I make the Taco Ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Taco Ring ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. This is a great option for meal prep or party planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • Morvin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • ChefBeth2