• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Table Runner, Placemats, Napkins and Rings...

In summary, the conversation revolved around the table runners that were given out as a free gift for completing the scavenger hunt at the conference. Some people hated them because they thought they were ugly and didn't match their dining rooms, but others suggested using them as a booking bonus or selling them at a booth. Some consultants planned to keep them, while others planned to give them away or use them in charity auction baskets. There were mixed opinions about the other free gifts given out at the conference, with some consultants wishing for more useful items or products. Some consultants also had trouble getting through airport security with the runners. Overall, while there were some criticisms, most agreed that Pampered Chef was still a great company to represent.
deanna_g
What did you all think of getting these today for doing the scavenger hunt? I hate them. I think they are so ugly! They would go with very few dining rooms. I was so sad to see that the pattern was tiles with the main color being purple. Any other input?

There are people out there that will love them. In my book, free is free. Use them as a booking bonus or a raffle give away. Or sell them at a booth.

Yeah. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm happy to get anything that is free! (-: I'm a purple hater. Hahaha.

I LOVE mine...have used them for years!

They are a retired product and I'm sure PC is just trying to clear stock. They would be a great gift when a group asks you for a basket for their silent auction or something like that. $0 out of your pocket that way!They looked GORGEOUS in my dining room in my former home. I even painted an accent wall purple to match. Don't have a formal dining room in this house, so my tiles runner is in storage. :(

Last edited:
This is selling for $20 now on the outlet.Much more sellable in a complete set than the runner I finally unloaded in a basket. If you don't want them, hold on to them. Perhaps some clustermate like mine will LOVE them.I don't use placemats and my kitchen is blue and white. Nothing would go with it anyway. But I can get away with using runnners in my living room, which is pretty neutral.

I think I will put mine in a charity auction basket. Who knows, might win a whirlwind shopping spree from the scavenger and for me it did help me find the chef success meet n greet.

I love them! I am planning on buying the set for 8 and I have a friend who wants to order the set for 4. :) Guess everyone is different.

I like them HOWEVER, my comment on the survey and heard it many times over......
all the hype before conference was attend and get $100 in giveaways
don't care for the pins/buttons (not my show style or how I accessorize to go out in public), wahoo button ok but again not something I will use. I would have preferred more paperwork or show materials or new products like the year we got cookware pieces etc...to me, to "unload" something on us that has been on the outlet forever and cant really be used at shows was disappointing. The scavenger hunt was fun.saw many consultants giving them away,
I have attended the 15, 20, 25 and now 30 anniversary conference. It was a little weird not to see more hoopla like in the past years

I agree that it was really odd not to have more attention given to the 30th Anniversary. Maybe we will have something special happen in October around the date.

My view on the table runner is... Don't they match our new product color? We did not have to "work" for a tablecloth this year, they just handed it to us. :)

tacky. Kind of like giving someone something from your garage sale. Good thing for the charity baskets.

Tacky, yes, and the original retail cost of the place mats will show up on our 1099 as "income".

Sigh...but PC is still the best company to represent, even with it's faults :rolleyes:

I'm gifting mine for a fundraiser next week for the silent auction. We'll see what they bring.

Since I had to remove them from my suitcase at the Chicago airport, I gave them to a lady working in the Sandwich Shop at the airport since I had enough to carry with my backpack carry-on, my new PC tote, and my walker with blisters on the bottom of 9 of my 10 toes! The lady went crazy and was squealing about how much she LOVED purple! ;) I gave her a small stack of my business cards and told her to shoot me an email!

We didn't have any trouble getting through security, but a cluster-mate who came later told me that they had to remove lots of things from their bags before they could check them. Why did you guys have to take them out????

I unloaded mine at the McCormick center. I didn't need one more random thing to take home.

pcchefjane said:
Since I had to remove them from my suitcase at the Chicago airport, I gave them to a lady working in the Sandwich Shop at the airport since I had enough to carry with my backpack carry-on, my new PC tote, and my walker with blisters on the bottom of 9 of my 10 toes! The lady went crazy and was squealing about how much she LOVED purple! ;) I gave her a small stack of my business cards and told her to shoot me an email!

This is one of my favorite posts. I love that you found them a good home with someone who will love them. And isn't it great to just randomly make some stranger's day?

My suitcase was 55 pounds... I took them out because of that. I also was "patted down" in the airport security line because I was on a walker and cannot walk without it or my cane (one of the two) barefooted! They also confiscated my toothpaste, sunscreen, and anti-bacterial soap that were in my carry-on at the Nashville airport as well. I was also given a wooden cane to get through the security checkpoint in Nashville; they helped me put my items in the tubs as well. They were quite rude and ugly to me at Chicago airport....very handicap unfriendly! I was already exhausted after having walked 3 miles from my hotel with my director to the train station. It seems the train station is handicap-unfriendly as well...the handicap elevator is 2 blocks away from the main terminal! I think that has to be an ADA violation! I loved the look on that sweet lady's face! I told her there was placemats, a table runner, napkins, and napkin rings! She was just so excited! :) Made my day after so much crap getting to the train station, airport, and gate!

pcchefjane said:
My suitcase was 55 pounds... I took them out because of that. I also was "patted down" in the airport security line because I was on a walker and cannot walk without it or my cane (one of the two) barefooted! They also confiscated my toothpaste, sunscreen, and anti-bacterial soap that were in my carry-on at the Nashville airport as well. I was also given a wooden cane to get through the security checkpoint in Nashville; they helped me put my items in the tubs as well. They were quite rude and ugly to me at Chicago airport....very handicap unfriendly! I was already exhausted after having walked 3 miles from my hotel with my director to the train station. It seems the train station is handicap-unfriendly as well...the handicap elevator is 2 blocks away from the main terminal! I think that has to be an ADA violation!

I loved the look on that sweet lady's face! I told her there was placemats, a table runner, napkins, and napkin rings! She was just so excited! :) Made my day after so much crap getting to the train station, airport, and gate!

So sorry to hear you had to go through all that! I heard that some were told the pkg. was messing up the airport scanners and so they had to be taken out or the bags wouldn't be on the same flight??!?

Not my fave, and was a little irritated b/c they were so heavy and I only had a carry on. I did fit them in and bring them home, but will be using them for a basket for a drawing at the beginning of August.

PamperedchefDaly said:
Tacky, yes, and the original retail cost of the place mats will show up on our 1099 as "income".

Sigh...but PC is still the best company to represent, even with it's faults :rolleyes:

THIS is why it makes me irritable when I "earn" something I didn't want. FREE *is* free except when I am being TAXED on something I didn't want nor need. Just saying. :sing:

For those of you who didn't have the problem (was it a problem at O'Hare, I wonder?), we had to remove the invitations and recipe cards from our check-in baggage, because the x-ray machines couldn't see through the cellophane! So, here come 1000's (literally) of suitcases with 4 black 'blocks.' I can see how that might be a little disconcerting to TSA. Not sure why they didn't have the same issue if it was in the carry-ons, though.

pcchefjane said:

So that was you, huh? I got in line there just as you were giving them to her. Now I know why you were giving them away.

The airport rep told us that the invites and recipe cards were too dense and that's why TSA was overwhelmed with them in the checked bags b/c of how they appeared on the x-rays. Another PC person said that TSA was searching every PC checked bag. If removing the invites and recipe cards was supposed to stop the searching of the bags, it didn't work. Mine was still searched. No problem. I wondered why they didn't want us to take out the minis, too. I bet they caused a problem, too.

Not annoyed that I didn't get to conference until Mon. night and missed the treasure hunt and purple tiles that I still have from when they were in the line. Am annoyed that that product counted toward the $100 free that we were supposed to get. In my mental math of the cost of conference, that extra $150 hotel night (as compared to previous years of only 2 nights) was being offset somewhat by the additional products and supplies I was going to get.

Jan Gilbert said that they took away Serve It Up Squad to do other giveaways. I bet they put a lot of resources into the car. The purple tiles don't count, as far as I'm concerned. Remember the year they had mountains of lemon cake mixes outside a general session. There was no limit to how many you could take. I thought they would hand out the pink HWC gloves since they want us to make the pink glove dance videos. Those gloves ripped so easily, but that should be another thread... ;)

I don't see how they would go through the trouble of tracking who they gave the tiles stuff to and put it on your 1099. I wouldn't sweat it, people!

DebbieJ said:
I don't see how they would go through the trouble of tracking who they gave the tiles stuff to and put it on your 1099. I wouldn't sweat it, people!
Actually, they DO know who received the stuff. Remember how we turned in the bottom of the scavenger hunt page with our name and consultant number? That wasn't just for the drawing for free points.

Last edited:
PamperedchefDaly said:
Actually, they DO know who received the stuff. Remember how we turned in the bottom of the scavenger hunt page with our name and consultant number? That wasn't just for the drawing for free points.

I didn't do the Scavenger Hunt. I arrived on Tuesday morning, took that page out of my bag, and threw it away. I didn't even look at it.

Usually we do not get our conference freebies on our 1099. I HIGHLY doubt it will be there.

I'm with Deb. I do not ever remember paying tax on meeting freebies. Just the ones they mailed.

etteluap70PC said:
I'm with Deb. I do not ever remember paying tax on meeting freebies. Just the ones they mailed.

Same here - and we got several freebies last year, so I think I would remember if it was on my 1099.

I was in the minority I guess on the placemats. I was actually glad to get the because I was planning on ordering them when I got home. I got a set of 4 in the surpise boxes last year and wanted to have 4 more. So it saved me some money. I was a bit disappointed though with the "freebies". Which really we pay for. Oh well. Is that why I go to NC? No.

Becca, you found that the pink gloves tore easily? I'm still using mine without any trouble.

raebates said:
Becca, you found that the pink gloves tore easily? I'm still using mine without any trouble.

Mine fell apart within months. So did the 2nd pair.

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine fell apart within months. So did the 2nd pair.

My first pair ripped quickly and for $10, I wasn't going to try the 2nd pair. I went back to my 99c yellow gloves. I think I sold the 2nd pair of pink gloves I had.

Wow. I don't use my all the time, but I use them regularly. I'll make sure to be careful with them.

I think mine have a hole where the solid pink attaches to the dots part. I have never used them, just passed them at shows.

I don't remember any freebies showing up on my 1099 either from 2008 conference. I know because I won the spree that year. I totaled the products on my own. The actual value on the 1099 was much less .... I think they figured a 20 percent discount. I then told my accountant that I use these items for shows. Presto ... it became a "supply order" and thus was a wash.

Good to know... I won the shopping spree this year and was wondering if it would show up on my 1099... Still waiting to see what I got :)!!!!

Myjenny said:
Good to know... I won the shopping spree this year and was wondering if it would show up on my 1099... Still waiting to see what I got :)!!!!

Congrats on winning!! I won it about 4 years ago when it was still done in the warehouse with actual shopping. About 24 boxes showed up at my house 2 weeks later. I don't think it's as plentiful now. I'm so anal I tallied it up and came up with over $4,000 worth of product. I can't remember how much PC put on my 1099. It's such a fun thing and a great conversation piece at your shows. I still have product from that that I sell or donate.

pampchefsarah said:
For those of you who didn't have the problem (was it a problem at O'Hare, I wonder?), we had to remove the invitations and recipe cards from our check-in baggage, because the x-ray machines couldn't see through the cellophane! So, here come 1000's (literally) of suitcases with 4 black 'blocks.' I can see how that might be a little disconcerting to TSA. Not sure why they didn't have the same issue if it was in the carry-ons, though.

I flew out of O'hare, but didn't have to remove anything from my checked bag. I did have a card inside saying that my bag had been opened for inspection though, but my recipe cards and invites were still in there.

We were at Midway, and heard about the bags being opened and inspected. My stuff our stuff was still in there, though!!

My spree was like 6 boxes, but 3 of them were cookware ... the stir fry skillet, grill pan and 7 pc stainless, which I chased around and thus lost out on many of the slips in there. Among the items I got were the can opener, dots serving bowl and salad spinner. I also got now outdated linens and desert plates, which I've been trying to unload to customers ever since.

1. Are the table runner, placemats, napkins, and rings all included in one set?

Yes, they are all included in one set and are designed to match and complement each other.

2. Can these items be used for formal occasions or are they more casual?

The table runner, placemats, napkins, and rings are versatile and can be used for both formal and casual occasions.

3. What materials are these items made of?

The table runner, placemats, and napkins are made of 100% cotton, and the rings are made of metal with a decorative finish.

4. How do I care for these items?

The table runner, placemats, and napkins are machine washable and can be tumble dried on low. The rings can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.

5. Can I purchase these items individually or do I have to buy the whole set?

These items are only sold as a set, but you can mix and match with other table linens to create a unique look for your dining room.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jjaastef
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Ellen Cohen
  • katie0128
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • KittyCooks