• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Sweet Mocha Sprinkles Substitute Instant Coffee in Recipes?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkles and requests for recipes using them. One suggestion is to mix them with cream cheese and serve with pretzels or graham cracker sticks. Other ideas include adding them to baked items, using them in coffee or hot cereals, and mixing them into frosting. It is mentioned that they are not a suitable substitute for instant coffee in recipes.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have a customer from a show earlier in the month that was asking what to do with the Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkles she got. She read the bottle, but I have no idea what you can do with them. I personally don't like anything remotely resembling coffee, so I can't help much. I was wondering if you guys could help me with recipes?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by chefann
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream

Mix to combine. Split into thirds, and add 1 tablespoon sweet sprinkle to each portion. (The thirds allow you to make all 3 flavors). Serve in trio bowl. Serve with pretzels or graham cracker sticks.

They can be added to any baked items...over ice cream....can be used in a dump cake version....

Put a tablespoon or two in her coffee filter to flavor her favorite coffee. Sprinkle it over ice cream.Sprinkle it on cookies and/or cakes before baking.Stir into cream cheese frosting before frosting cakes, cupcakes, or cookies.Sprinkle on hot cereals like oatmeal or cream of wheat.Stir into plain yogurt.

Question...... If there is a recipe for "Coffee...." something like a "Coffee Cake" (with instant coffee), or other recipes that might use instant coffee....do you think you could substitute the Sweet Mocha Sprinkles?I've come across 3 recipes lately that have instant Coffee in them- one is a muffin recipe, another is a cake, and I have to look up the 3rd one.. but I thought they might be good to add to the list of recipes for these sprinkles.What do you think?? I'm not a coffee-person, so I'll have to find someone to try it out on if I want to test them. If anyone wants the recipes and you want to test them, let me know. One of them is on The Pioneer Woman's website (click here for recipe).

I thought about mixing some in the brownies I was making today, but DS voted for the peanut butter morsels instead. :)

esavvymom said:
Question...... If there is a recipe for "Coffee...." something like a "Coffee Cake" (with instant coffee), or other recipes that might use instant coffee....do you think you could substitute the Sweet Mocha Sprinkles?

I've come across 3 recipes lately that have instant Coffee in them- one is a muffin recipe, another is a cake, and I have to look up the 3rd one.. but I thought they might be good to add to the list of recipes for these sprinkles.

What do you think?? I'm not a coffee-person, so I'll have to find someone to try it out on if I want to test them. If anyone wants the recipes and you want to test them, let me know. One of them is on The Pioneer Woman's website (click here for recipe).

These are very different from instant coffee, so I wouldn't use them as a substitute. The Furry Guy isn't a coffee person, either, but he likes these on his ice cream or in his cocoa.

1. What is Sweet Mocha Sprinkles and how can I use it in recipes?

Sweet Mocha Sprinkles is a powdered mix of cocoa, sugar, and coffee that can be used as a delicious topping for desserts or as an ingredient in recipes. It adds a rich, chocolatey flavor with a hint of coffee to any dish.

2. Are there any suggested recipes for using Sweet Mocha Sprinkles?

Yes, there are various recipes that incorporate Sweet Mocha Sprinkles such as chocolate mocha cupcakes, mocha brownies, and mocha smoothies. You can also sprinkle it on top of ice cream, pancakes, or hot cocoa for an added touch of flavor.

3. Is Sweet Mocha Sprinkles gluten-free?

Yes, Sweet Mocha Sprinkles is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. However, as with any product, we always recommend checking the ingredient list for any potential allergens.

4. How should I store Sweet Mocha Sprinkles?

Sweet Mocha Sprinkles should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container to maintain its freshness. Avoid storing it in direct sunlight or in a humid environment, as this can cause clumping.

5. Can I use Sweet Mocha Sprinkles in savory dishes?

While Sweet Mocha Sprinkles is primarily used in sweet recipes, it can also add a unique flavor to savory dishes such as chili, BBQ sauce, or even a spice rub for meats. Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Dotty
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefKristal