• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Super Nervous for My Grand Opening! Super Shy

In summary, Sara is probably one of the most shy people anyone could ever meet. She often wonders how she got into this position. When she is around others she gets nervous and forgets what she wants to say. However, Sara recommends that she practices what she wants to say and be prepared. Additionally, she suggests doing a casual Open House and using Cue Cards to help her remember what to say.
Tig
I am probably THE most shy person anyone can ever meet. Sometimes I wonder how in the world I got into this! When Im around others I do not know, I tend to get nervous and forget what I mean to say.
Anyone else start off like that, and any tips ??

super nervousSara,
Practice what you want to say, be prepared and try to share what you love about the products , then you woun't be selling, you will be sharing what you love. You'll do fine!!

It's perfectly okay to be shy...everyone can relate! Feel free to go ahead and announce that you are shy (and therefore extra nervous)...but then share with them why you chose to become a consultant. I assume you love the products, right? Simply let that show.

Don't worry about making goofs...we all do. I had three shows this weekend and managed to cut myself at every one of them (I keep forgetting how sharp the green knives are :eek: ).

As for possibly forgetting what you want to say, Ruth's advice is great. Practice what you want to say. Do it out loud. When I first started, I pretended I was doing a show every time I made a meal. Just talking out loud about the products helped me tremendously. Half-way thru my first show my mind went completely blank...but I was so used to talking about the products, my mouth kept going for me. (I still talk out loud when trying a new PC recipe at home.)

Hang in there. Every show you do is one more show you've done. You'll get more comfortable every time.

Last edited:
LOL - when I started my first job, I remember being TERRIFIED because I had to say 'Hi' to people I didn't know when they came up to pay!!!!!

So, do a casual Open House (come and go) - have food already prepared, have all the products displayed, play a Host Ticket Game, some draws, and just have a one-on-one conversations with people (would that help you be less shy?)

Or you could use Cue Cards to help you keep on track AND remember what to say.

Hi there! I completely understand where you're coming from. I used to be extremely shy as well, and I remember being nervous and stumbling over my words when I first started as a Pampered Chef consultant. My best advice would be to just take a deep breath and remind yourself that you have valuable information to share. Practice your presentations and talking points beforehand, and remember that it's okay to make mistakes. Also, try to focus on the positive aspects of the situation, like meeting new people and sharing your love for cooking. It may also help to have a friend or family member attend a party or event with you for support. With time and practice, you'll become more comfortable and confident in your role as a consultant. Best of luck!

1. How can I overcome my shyness during my grand opening event?

One way to overcome shyness during your grand opening is to practice beforehand. Try rehearsing your introduction and talking points with a friend or family member. This can help boost your confidence and make you feel more at ease during the event.

2. What can I do to make my grand opening event less intimidating for myself?

One strategy is to have a plan in place. Make a list of tasks that need to be done and delegate them to others if possible. This can help take some of the pressure off of you and make the event feel more manageable.

3. How can I connect with potential customers even if I'm feeling shy?

One way to connect with potential customers is to focus on their needs and interests. Ask open-ended questions and listen attentively to their responses. This can help build a genuine connection and make you feel more comfortable talking to them.

4. Is it okay to take breaks during my grand opening event if I feel overwhelmed?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to take breaks during your grand opening event. You can step away for a few minutes to regroup and recharge. Just make sure to communicate with your team and have someone available to cover for you while you take a break.

5. How can I use my shyness to my advantage during my grand opening event?

Being shy can actually be a strength during your grand opening event. It can make you appear more approachable and relatable to potential customers. Use your shyness to your advantage by being authentic and genuine in your interactions with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tig
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tig
  • TerraOB83
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TerraOB83
  • jesusluvsu2005