• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success Stories: Share Your Pampering Business Strategies and Results?

In summary, the conversation topic is about different ways people are promoting their businesses. The participants share their experiences and success stories with "pampering" various businesses, such as salons and banks, by providing catalogs, samples, and offering free products. Some have had success with getting orders and booking shows, while others have also received recruit leads. The strategy appears to be effective in boosting business and generating interest in Pampered Chef products.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, now there are so many different ways everyone is doing their "pampering a business". Now I'd love to hear the success stories. Pros and cons to what you've done and what you think you would do differently. Anyone? :) Inquiring minds...

Stayed tuned for my results!?? I had a lady seek me out in a 7/11 store who saw my car! lol So I gave her a catty and the pamper a business letter and told her to try and pass it around her work (she works in a Dr.s office) to try and earn fREE stuff!
I also dropped of another catty to a hair salon with the letter? Keeping my fingers crossed one of them pans out!?

I sent 15 letters today...Iw ill let you know when I get a response!

Well, one day I walked into a local bank, and ran into someone I used to know. We both greeted one another with a raspy hello. (We BOTH were sick.)I told her why I was at the bank ... that since I sell Pampered Chef, I make it a practice to verify every check on the bank where they are drawn. She got that big eyed, "Pampered Chef?" look. I gave her a catalog, and she promised to take orders.A week or so later (no longer sick!) I returned with more catalogs, more order forms and BROWNIES! I was told the name of the lady who is doing the book show, and got a call from her a few days later.Show turned out to be about $500.That's my story. You can take it to the bank!

i have had kinda a mixed bag. i pampered my bank and got a 100$ order out of it, but one of the ladies passed a book and some OOFs to her mom who works in our local statefarm office. that turned into a show i didn't have to work for. she called and asked if i could come by the following monday to pick up their orders. i have been invited to bring catalogs and to keep them updated on what PC has going on. my insurance company wasn't interested (mostly men in there, i guess none of them are big on cooking). however my orthodontist office is in the middle of a catalog show and i know that at least one lady has passed some books to other friends whom she though would be interested. i guess i will see how that pans out. i just would like to qualify already! sorry if i have been long winded. i'm about to try the letter idea for approaching buisness i don't personally know ppl. might save some serious blushing on my part!

It has been awesome for my business--every time I have done it, I have gotten enough orders to be a show, booked a show, or gotten a recruit lead. I pampered a salon on Friday, took warm nutty caramel brownies, catalogs, and I always do a drawing for $10-$15 in free product. Took the stuff in to drop off, and walked out with $170 in orders 20 minutes later. Went back and got $20 more the next day.
My biggest success story--pampered another salon in Feb--was sick as a dog, so my husband went back to pick up my bar pan, bowl and drawing slips--no orders, one entry for the free product--I was so bummed! My mom even told me not to give the free stuff--but I couldn't do that. Called the one entry--she placed a $90 order, called back the next day and booked a show. Her neice is a recruit lead, and she booked a show. Then the original host booked again, and her son is another recruit lead!
I dropped more brownies at a dentist office today (former host now works there), so I'll let you know! I'm also pampering my husband's physical therapy office and his work again next month.
It's a great way to boost your business!

Thanks for sharing Lisa! Tell us a little more. Had you had previous contact with the salon before Friday? How did you approach them? Did you use a flyer or letter with the catalog?

lisagoins said:
It has been awesome for my business--every time I have done it, I have gotten enough orders to be a show, booked a show, or gotten a recruit lead. I pampered a salon on Friday, took warm nutty caramel brownies, catalogs, and I always do a drawing for $10-$15 in free product. Took the stuff in to drop off, and walked out with $170 in orders 20 minutes later. Went back and got $20 more the next day.
My biggest success story--pampered another salon in Feb--was sick as a dog, so my husband went back to pick up my bar pan, bowl and drawing slips--no orders, one entry for the free product--I was so bummed! My mom even told me not to give the free stuff--but I couldn't do that. Called the one entry--she placed a $90 order, called back the next day and booked a show. Her neice is a recruit lead, and she booked a show. Then the original host booked again, and her son is another recruit lead!
I dropped more brownies at a dentist office today (former host now works there), so I'll let you know! I'm also pampering my husband's physical therapy office and his work again next month.
It's a great way to boost your business!

Lisa, it sounds like you are really good at this! Congrats on your amazing successes! Would you mind sharing how you do it? Do you call ahead, send a letter, walk right in? Do you stay and chat about things, or drop off? How do you do the free product part? Is this explained in a letter or do you explain it?

I really try to have some kind of contact with the business--the first salon was next door the music store where I take piano lessons, and the owner introduced me to the salon owner, so that was my "in." The other salon is owned by a lady I met in a Women in Networking group, so I arranged it with her. Even if you've already pampered your own salon, check with your mom, neighbor, friend, sister, etc--whether it's a dentist, rehab facility, doctor, salon, etc., everyone uses services, and that connection can give you (Me!) that little confidence boost you need to approach the business. Then I basically ask if they'd like to be pampered (no one has said no to that yet!) I tell them I'd love to bring in some goodies for them, as a thank you for all they do, and I'd also like to give away some free product, and I'll leave some catalogs and order forms around if anyone needs or would like to order anything. Then I show up with a dish (usual warm nutty caramel brownies--good warm or cold, and can sit out for awhile), my batter bowl with sign about the drawing, drawing slips, and catalogs with order forms. If it's appropriate, I hang out for a few minutes to chat and answer questions, then I just leave and pick up later that afternoon or the next day. I did do a letter for one place--I'll see if I can find it and post later. I even took the flyer with the next month's specials and recruiting incentive to a dentist's office yesterday. Then I draw one name and call them to tell them they've won the free product, and give them a chance to order--no strings attached. Most of the time the order is larger than $15 or whatever I'm giving away.
This has been great for me--I'm pampering another office and a rehab place next week, and hope to do my own dentist as well. Hope that's helpful!

I've pampered the place where I get my hair cut and have gotten several shows and a soon to be recruit from it.

Too bad I have a PC friend cut my hair... there goes that one ;)

Ok, I may need a little help with brainstorming on this one. I sent out about 15 letters last week and haven't received any response yet. I may send out more tho, cuz just one makes all the difference.

Anyway, I don't get my hair or nails done, I don't have dental insurance so I don't have a dentist, my doctor is 35 miles away, my real estate agent is one of my recruits, and I just had a falling out with my vet's office last week and never wish to return there again. My closest family member is 30 miles away and all my friends are my recruits. I tried pampering my bank back in Nov and they didn't even LOOK at the stuff I left! There has got to be somewhere else I can go where I have an "in". You guys are good at this kind of stuff...what have I forgotten?

Jackie, have you called and followed up on your letters? If not, I would try that as how often are you going to call someone, you are more likely to say yes if they call you.What about your post office? I'm drawing a blank at any other suggestions, hopefully others will have some...Good luck!

linojackie said:
Ok, I may need a little help with brainstorming on this one. I sent out about 15 letters last week and haven't received any response yet. I may send out more tho, cuz just one makes all the difference.

Anyway, I don't get my hair or nails done, I don't have dental insurance so I don't have a dentist, my doctor is 35 miles away, my real estate agent is one of my recruits, and I just had a falling out with my vet's office last week and never wish to return there again. My closest family member is 30 miles away and all my friends are my recruits. I tried pampering my bank back in Nov and they didn't even LOOK at the stuff I left! There has got to be somewhere else I can go where I have an "in". You guys are good at this kind of stuff...what have I forgotten?

As a former dental assistant, I have to respond to this! :) Please, please, get a dentist. Let them know you don't have insurance. Most will work out a payment plan and even give you a price break. You can ask them how much it'll cost and make a plan and see if it'll work. Usually, it's much cheaper to pay for a cleaning and bitewing x-rays once a year (twice is ideal) than have to go in with a toothache. If you wait till something is noticeable or hurts, it tends to be more expensive. :eek: I'd hate to see you suffer! I saw this happen to many, many people. It would break my heart. Okay, sorry to get off topic...hope you don't mind my input. :blushing:

Jackie, I am planning to go to local salons, insurance agencies, and realtor offices that I have not been a customer.(My friend does my hair, too) I am also going to stop by a couple of local Fire Stations with fundraising information.

The firestations are a good idea! We have 2 within 2 miles of me! I think I am going to try stopping in as opposed to mailing as it's harder to say no face to face

Update.... that lady who sought me out at the 7/11 after giving her a catty and the letter called back to get more cattys and orderforms! so hopefully this will be a successful attempt at pampering a business!!! Thanks for sharing the letter whomever posted it!!??

I have not heard from anyone I sent letters to last week, BUT, I plan to call this week to follow up....I KNOW I will have some takers!

Update on the lady that cuts my hair. She let me do an open house at her salon and she will be signing as my new recruit tomorrow.

Chef Bobby said:
Update on the lady that cuts my hair. She let me do an open house at her salon and she will be signing as my new recruit tomorrow.

That is awesome Bobby!!!!!! Way to got!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Bobby!

I have had no success and have Pampered many businesses including my bank, hair salon, nail salon, dr.s office. They have all loved and eaten my food, but have never gotten orders or bookings.
I am happy to hear of others having success though, that is awesome :)

That is awesome Bobby!

Chef Bobby said:

SWEET, Bobby!

I have an update in the "Pampered Business Drop-off" post!

Hey, just wanted to update my latest results. The gal who won the $15 giveaway from my salon called today--with a $65 order, so that pampering resulted in over $200 is sales. From the dentist last week, I got a $65 order, plus at least 2 others planning to call with orders. I'm pampering my husband's physical therapy place on Friday--I'll let you know.

lisagoins said:
Hey, just wanted to update my latest results. The gal who won the $15 giveaway from my salon called today--with a $65 order, so that pampering resulted in over $200 is sales. From the dentist last week, I got a $65 order, plus at least 2 others planning to call with orders. I'm pampering my husband's physical therapy place on Friday--I'll let you know.

That's so great! :) Congrats!

Okay, more updates!! My gal that won the $15 in free product from the salon (and placed a $65 order!)called me tonight--she had my catalog laying on her station today, and one of her customers placed a $50 order, and another wants to book a show! This one just keeps getting better and better! I'm going to my husband's rehab place tomorrow--I'll keep updating!:chef:

lisagoins said:
okay, More Updates!! My Gal That Won The $15 In Free Product From The Salon (and Placed A $65 Order!)called Me Tonight--she Had My Catalog Laying On Her Station Today, And One Of Her Customers Placed A $50 Order, And Another Wants To Book A Show! This One Just Keeps Getting Better And Better! I'm Going To My Husband's Rehab Place Tomorrow--i'll Keep Updating!:chef:

Way To Go !!!!:)

Related to Success Stories: Share Your Pampering Business Strategies and Results?

1. What is the purpose of "Wanted: Success Stories..."?

The purpose of "Wanted: Success Stories..." is to showcase and celebrate the success of Pampered Chef consultants and their journey with the company. It serves as a source of inspiration and motivation for other consultants, as well as potential new recruits.

2. How can I submit my success story to be featured?

You can submit your success story by filling out the form on the Pampered Chef website under the "Wanted: Success Stories..." section. You will be asked to provide your contact information, a brief summary of your story, and any photos or videos that you would like to include.

3. What kind of success stories are you looking for?

We are looking for a variety of success stories that showcase the different ways in which Pampered Chef consultants have achieved success. This could include stories of financial success, personal growth, or community impact. We are also interested in hearing about unique and creative approaches to building a successful Pampered Chef business.

4. Can I submit a success story on behalf of someone else?

Yes, you can submit a success story on behalf of someone else with their permission. Please make sure to provide their contact information so that we can reach out to them for further details if needed.

5. Will my success story be featured on the Pampered Chef website?

We receive many submissions for "Wanted: Success Stories..." and unfortunately, we cannot feature all of them on our website. However, we may choose to feature your story on our social media channels or in our consultant newsletters. We appreciate all submissions and the impact they have on our Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MakinBacon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
MakinBacon
  • tonzafunn