• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Vendor Day Success: Tips and Scripts for Approaching HR Departments

In summary, the speaker was talking about vendor day where you call the HR department of a large company, and ask if they have vendor days, in the Fall, to allow employees to shop for gifts. They mentioned that one girl in their workshop said she did this last year, with a large business in her area, and a sales person handed her his customer list of 275 people, and asked her to order a Pizza stone and cookbook for all 275 of them - that was an $11,000 order. Another girl in the workshop said she did this last year, with a large business in her area, and a sales person handed her his customer list of 275 people, and asked her to order a Pizza stone and cookbook for
mrssyvo
In my Abundant Bookings workshop, the speaker was talking about "vendor day" where you call the HR department of a large company, and ask if they have vendor days, in the Fall, to allow employees to shop for gifts. I am wanting to get into this, but have never approached HR department. has anyone here done these sort of things, any tips, and do you have a script you use when you call the HR department. From what I gather, this is different than "Pampering a Business" It is actually arranged to set up a table, etc. I am now starting to make a list of large businesses in my area, but not sure where to go from here. I want to sound professional when I call, so I will need some help from you all. TIA

VERY GOOD IDEAS!!! Once I hear about a standard script to use I will be doing this too! We have LOTS of big companies here!

One girl in our workshop said that she did this last year, with a large business in her area, and a sales person handed her his customer list of 275 people, and asked her to order a Pizza stone and cookbook for all 275 of them That was an $11,000 order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrssyvo said:
One girl in our workshop said that she did this last year, with a large business in her area, and a sales person handed her his customer list of 275 people, and asked her to order a Pizza stone and cookbook for all 275 of them That was an $11,000 order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wholy crap. I guess I need to jump on this band wagon and see where it takes me.:)

mrssyvo said:
That is unbelievable!! I'd love to see a script/letter or something for us to be able to get started!!!

Wow, I'd love to see someone's letter too!

We used to have a fall vendor/craft show at GTE (which is now Verizon) when I worked there. They have since stopped anything like this! Sounds like some companies still allow it.

Thanks for the idea! I may do a letter like this as well as a fundraiser letter soon w/schools going back in a month!

I work for a major company in our area, and they have vendors who come in each week to sell their wares. I don't know how it's set up, but I would just call the main number for the company and ask to speak to someone who sets up the vendors in the office buildings. I know they have to pay a fee to do it (one told me it was $200 for the day to hang out in my office building's cafeteria area), so that's something to consider.

I would also contact PR or Marketing firms to see if they need to purchase gift baskets for their customers. Many of those companies spend big money to thank their good customers (I have a friend who made 50 baskets filled with $200 worth of products EACH for her companies' customers). I would love to get in on this, too, but I think it's more a matter of asking around than finding a "script" to write a letter.

UNBELIEVABLE!

You obviously had a better presenter for Abundant Bookings than I did ... the whole thing felt very been there, done that.

I know for a fact I have walked through the lobby of my local hospital and seen them hosting vendors. I plan to call several large companies Monday morning.

I would simply say something like, "Hi, my name is Di Cancook and I am a new Pampered Chef representative in your area. I was just wondering if your company offers a gift fair for your employees to shop for holiday gifts and if so, wanted to let you know that I would be honored to provide that service."

Di, I like your wording "I would be happy to provide that service" It sounds so much better than" Can I, Can I, Oh, Please I NEED this" LOL

Actually ... honored is the word I used, and it's a nice word to use ... honored is a word I picked up from another bookings presentation. That does something for people. It lets them know it's about THEM and not YOU!

yes, I missed that, sorry- i like honored also.

What is "Vendor Day, Anyone?"

"Vendor Day, Anyone?" is an event where Pampered Chef consultants can showcase and sell their products to potential customers in a fun and interactive way.

When and where does "Vendor Day, Anyone?" take place?

The timing and location of "Vendor Day, Anyone?" can vary depending on the consultant hosting the event. It is typically held at a local venue such as a community center, school, or church, and can take place on any day of the week.

Is "Vendor Day, Anyone?" open to the public?

Yes, "Vendor Day, Anyone?" is open to the public. It is a great opportunity for customers to come and see the products in person, ask questions, and make purchases.

Can anyone attend "Vendor Day, Anyone?" even if they are not interested in becoming a consultant?

Absolutely! "Vendor Day, Anyone?" is a great event for anyone who enjoys cooking and wants to learn more about Pampered Chef products. It is not limited to those interested in becoming a consultant.

What can I expect at "Vendor Day, Anyone?"

At "Vendor Day, Anyone?", you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products on display, as well as demonstrations and hands-on activities to showcase the products' features and benefits. There may also be special promotions or discounts available exclusively at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kearstin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kearstin
  • memphisbarbie