• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitution for Pantry Barbeque Seasoning

In summary, there are a few options for substituting Pantry Barbeque Seasoning, such as mixing together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar, using a pre-made BBQ seasoning blend, or using a combination of chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Regular salt is not a direct substitute but can be used if needed. For a low-sodium option, you can use a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and a small amount of salt. Pantry Barbeque Seasoning can be used on vegetables, but it is best to use a smaller amount to avoid overpowering their natural flavors. It can also be used in a slow cooker, adjusting the amount used and adding
chefsara
Silver Member
I have a Host that requested the Barbeque Beef Bundles for her show. I had never had them but got the recipe from this site and it calls for Pantry Barbeque Seasoning. Since TPC doesn't carry it anymore, what seasoning would you use? :rolleyes:

I think McCormack makes a bunch of different BBQ seasonings and rubs...

When I made the Barbeque Beef Bundles I used the McCormick Barbeque seasoning. I used a little less than the recipe said. Then I tasted and added until I had it right for my tastes. HTH

I made this and substituted BBQ sauce for the pantry BBQ seasoning AND for the vinegar (and if there was anything else that you mixed with the seasoning). I figured you were basically making your own BBQ sauce, and I was right. Worked great.

I may have used slightly more beef than the recipe called for, but I had way more mixture than I was supposed to. Fortunately I had extra biscuits and I made them all up. BUT, I only have one muffin pan, so rather than wait and do a second batch, I put them in an old muffin tin. Well, the results were dramatic. I probably should have shortened the cooking time for the tin, but the bottoms were black and they didn't rise up as nice and pretty as the stoneware ones. A good example of the benefits of stoneware.

Thanks for the help! You are all terrific. This is probably my favorite site! Such good tips, ideas, recipes, etc. I will definately try this recipe. The host decided instead of the BBQ Beef Bundles to have the Chix Club bar pan recipe. Worked out great. Got 4 bookings!! WOOHOO!

What can I use as a substitution for Pantry Barbeque Seasoning?

There are a few options you can use as a substitute for Pantry Barbeque Seasoning. One option is to mix together equal parts of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar. Another option is to use a pre-made BBQ seasoning blend from a different brand. You can also use a combination of chili powder, cumin, and black pepper as a substitute.

Can I use regular salt instead of Pantry Barbeque Seasoning?

While regular salt can add a similar flavor to dishes, it is not a direct substitute for Pantry Barbeque Seasoning. The seasoning blend also includes other spices and flavors that provide a distinct taste. However, you can use regular salt in place of Pantry Barbeque Seasoning if no other substitutes are available.

Is there a low-sodium substitute for Pantry Barbeque Seasoning?

Yes, you can create a low-sodium version of Pantry Barbeque Seasoning by using a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and a small amount of salt. You can also look for pre-made low-sodium BBQ seasoning blends at your local grocery store.

Can I use Pantry Barbeque Seasoning on vegetables?

Yes, you can use Pantry Barbeque Seasoning on vegetables to add a smoky and savory flavor. You can sprinkle it on roasted or grilled vegetables or mix it with olive oil to create a marinade. However, it may be best to use a smaller amount compared to when using it on meat to avoid overpowering the vegetables' natural flavors.

Can I use Pantry Barbeque Seasoning in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can use Pantry Barbeque Seasoning in a slow cooker to add flavor to meats and vegetables. Make sure to adjust the amount of seasoning used based on the recipe and personal preference. You can also add the seasoning towards the end of the cooking process to prevent it from becoming too diluted or overpowering the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jross93
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies
Views
raebates