• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Mental Blocks as a New Consultant: Any Tips?

In summary, Nynaeve is trying to figure out how to overcome her anxiety and get bookings. She is also considering doing catalog shows for family members who are farther away.
Nynaeve
Hi! I have *no* idea if I'm doing this part right (I hang out on boards, but every place is a little different). This seemed like the right place to pick some brains.

I have a mental block about talking about PC (I'm a new consultant working on qualifying - about halfway there). I know part of the answer is "just do it" (LOL), but I'm wondering, is there some good verbiage to help me not sound like an idiot? Plus, any tips on how to work up that mental courage that I'm not asking people to do me a favor, but I'm actually doing something FOR THEM? (I think it was because, like when people decide to tell a pregnant woman every birth horror story, several people decided to use me as the target for their 'let me tell you about this horrendous party I had to go to' stories).

I need an attitude check (my recruiter has been WONDERFUL and is the one who sent me out here). Right now I keep waffling between "stick with it until it's successful' and 'just qualify and RUN' (and I know that it's because of the anxiety, which just makes me then push back to sticking with it because of things like Kathy Bates and Fried Green Tomatoes). I need bookings, though, in a fierce kinda way (no family within a 300 mile radius and just moved...yikes! My grand opening was a dud). What kind of mental exercises help keep the choking to a minimum when doing things like Pampering a business or handing out recipe cards to people I meet in the check-out line?

Thanks for listening to me ramble. :: peace out ::

First do not feel alone! Even us old fogies get those mental blocks. I think the easiest thing to do is to practice. I have been at this for 11 years and I still get cotton mouth and run most of the time when it comes to approaching strangers. One thing to do is put two things in a pocket whenever you go to the doctors, the beauty shop, or to get the tires changed, are some recipe cards or mini-catalogs with your info on them and a small notebook to get their info. Ask a nurse if you could leave a few catalogs in the waiting room, then hand her a card or mini and tell her about how you can pamper a business. Same at the beauty shop or salon. Heck, hand a business card to the guy changing your oil even! I got small catalog party at a Scrub-a-dub that way a few years back. HTH!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've been carrying them with me. Today at the coffee shop, a lady was talking to my little boy (who is uber-extroverted - kid can talk to ANYONE and has no shame in asking ANYTHING - is it sad to envy him?). Anyway, I offered her a recipe card and she took it but instead of feeling yay! I felt...meh. I also just texted a friend of mine to see if she wanted to do a last minute show (trying to hit my 30-day, but not looking good). She was like "No, no, you're show will come soon enough in May/June" (when she moves). I tried to point out it was for her, not me. But...*sigh*Must. keep. going.I think I'm going to call a local salon tomorrow and see if I can 'pamper' with some treats and catalogs :)
Sorry, this is pushing me out of my comfort zone, which is a GOOD thing. I'm selling a good product, one I love!! Other people love it!! They are not doing me a favor, I'm doing THEM the joy of having me in their home.I think I can...I think I can... LOL

That's it! I know I have to do more too but I too am fighting it internally. the really dumb part is that like you, I love our products, I love the opportunity but apparently my mind and heart just do not want to compete with each other and my mind wins! Geez, I just realized how warped I really am!

hang in there! Go to consultant corner under online training resources there are great workshops you can listen to that are geared to help you check them out!

Nynaeve - have you thought about doing catalog shows for the family that's further away? That's how I qualified in my first 30 days, living here in Alaska :) If you don't have a web site yet, you can just send a host packet and do it the old fashioned way and ask that payments either be done soley by credit card or have anyone who needs to, write checks to the host and have her put that on her card. Don't just pick one relative/friend - if more then one says "yes" do more because catalog shows are often smaller in sales.
Things really picked up for me when I started going to hospitality meetings since my director was in ID - HUGE HUGE difference :)
Hope things improve for you! :)

1. How do I overcome fear and self-doubt as a new consultant?

The best way to overcome fear and self-doubt is to focus on your strengths and the reasons why you decided to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Remind yourself of your passion for the products and the positive impact you can make on people's lives. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and encouragement.

2. How can I get over the fear of rejection when approaching potential customers?

Remember that rejection is a natural part of any sales job. Instead of focusing on the potential for rejection, focus on the value of the products you are offering and the positive impact they can have on people's lives. Also, make sure to practice your pitch and be confident in your knowledge of the products.

3. What should I do if I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start?

It's normal to feel overwhelmed as a new consultant, but the key is to break down your tasks into smaller, manageable goals. Make a list of what you need to accomplish and prioritize them. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your upline or fellow consultants if you are feeling stuck.

4. How can I build my customer base as a new consultant?

Start by reaching out to your friends and family and offering to host a Pampered Chef party for them. This will not only help you practice your presentation skills, but also introduce your products to potential customers. You can also use social media to promote your business and offer special deals or discounts to attract new customers.

5. How do I stay motivated and positive during slow periods as a new consultant?

Remember that slow periods are temporary and part of the natural ebb and flow of any business. Stay motivated by setting small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrating your successes. Take advantage of any training or support offered by Pampered Chef and use slow times to plan and strategize for future success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Couture
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
Replies
Views
LI Chick
  • ccrusoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies