• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlining P3 and Vista for Consultants: Tips and Tricks from IT Experts

In summary, if a consultant gets a new computer with Vista, they have to reload the program and then transfer the data over.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I know there've been a couple previous threads on this...but at the rate the IT guys at HO change things, I'm going to ask again.

If a consultant gets a new computer with Vista, then they have to totally reload the program and then transfer the data over, correct?

Ooo, I wish I knew the answer to that. Maybe Ann or KG knows?

I do know that according to the MAC commercials that Vista has had its share of issues! :)

legacypc46 said:
I know there've been a couple previous threads on this...but at the rate the IT guys at HO change things, I'm going to ask again.

If a consultant gets a new computer with Vista, then they have to totally reload the program and then transfer the data over, correct?

Yes, and they might have some problems loading it. I have Vista and didn't have any issues when I loaded it onto my two computers, but I've read on here that some people have had to call and have tech support help them. Their best bet is to load it from CC and not the disc.

Thanks Rebecca.

Bumping this for Kris. I can't provide any insight into this issue, since I'm not running Vista. I vaguely remember that some people who were had to do some things with permissions or other behind the scenes Vista stuff in order to get P3 running properly. Anyone remember specifics of what they had to do? Kris' team member who is having the issues is in Germany, and it would be great if we could clear this up for her so she doesn't have to pay long distance charges to call HO.

I just got a laptop and had to go to the website and download a new copy of PPP. I had to install that, and then import the backup file into it from my old computer, that I had saved on removable drive. Also, first PPP did try to prompt me to import a file from PP (old version) if I was transferring from the old verson from the new version, but I wasn't, so I just clicked cancel and after the program loaded I was able to import my backup file.

Anyway, PPP must not like vista because it doesn't let me run the program very easy, I have to right click on the program shortcut and choose "run as administrator" for it to let me use the program!

Ugh. I am not a fan of VISTA at all. Still getting used to it.

Hello
I bought a new laptop in Feb and it has vista on it. i have not had any problems at all with Vista and P3. it has been a simple change. so sorry some of you have had problems....

I have vista on my laptop and had to go to CC website to download the program. I had no problems.

I just tried and can't get it b/c I have the 64bit and P3 isn't compatible. :cry: :grumpy: :cry: :grumpy:

Same thing happened to one of my team members.

PSA for everyone else:

P3 and the 64-bit version of Vista are not compatible. (Only the 32(36?) bit version is.)

I had an issue but tech support was awesome and in no time had me up and running.

Related to Streamlining P3 and Vista for Consultants: Tips and Tricks from IT Experts

1. What is P3 and Vista?

P3 and Vista are software programs used by Pampered Chef consultants to manage their businesses. P3 is a desktop application used for order processing, inventory management, and customer information. Vista is a web-based platform used for online parties and customer orders.

2. How can I streamline my use of P3 and Vista?

There are several tips and tricks that can help consultants streamline their use of P3 and Vista. These include setting up shortcuts, customizing views, utilizing keyboard shortcuts, and using the search function effectively.

3. Can I access P3 and Vista on different devices?

Yes, both P3 and Vista can be accessed on multiple devices as long as you have an internet connection. P3 can be installed on your desktop computer, while Vista is accessible through any web browser on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

4. How can I keep my P3 and Vista information secure?

It is important to regularly back up your P3 data and update your password for both P3 and Vista to keep your information secure. You should also avoid using public or unsecured wifi networks when accessing either program.

5. Is there any additional support available for using P3 and Vista?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various resources for consultants, including online tutorials, webinars, and a help center. You can also reach out to your IT department or fellow consultants for additional tips and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gbakes27
  • legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • pamperedlinda