• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Online Orders with a Simple Link - Share Your Frustrations!

T
twinmomjen
Just need a place to vent. FIRST I want to say that, all in all, the individual PC consultant websites are fantastic and better than any others I have seen in the direct sales industry. That being said...it is VERY confusing for people to place orders on a show! They have to click on "Our Products" and then "How to Order" - and people do seem to forget that 2nd step. It would be SO much easier if there was just a link from my homepage, something like "View Catalog" or "Order Here" and then they would be prompted to enter a host name if applicable.

I just had an upcoming host lose out on $30 in product sales because a guest didn't correctly navigate the site and it went through as an individual order - tried calling the HO but it had already shipped so there was nothing they could do.

Okay, like I said, just needed to vent. It is only $30 and not a huge deal, but does anyone know if there are focus groups or ways we can make suggestions to change the way people order online?!

I totally agree! I think I remember the websites right after they came out had the host name field right on the homepage and a link for ind. ordering. I wish they still had that where you could enter the name on the homepage!!

email tech support and ask for that feature. Let them know your hosts are losing sales because the information is not easy to understand.

I had that problem for a June catalog show. The host missed out on $23 & it was shipped before I could stop it.

I had the same issue with my host last month but only my host lost out on $80. Her guest was confused so to order quickly, she typed in her zip code and the order was placed under a director in her area. I called h/o the next day but it was already to late. They were picking her items. So long story short, They need to make it easier for guests to order from shows. Some people don't have time to navigate the web all night to find what they are looking for and get frustrated then we lose sales. My host was really hurt because that sale would have bumped her up to the next level.
Maybe if a few of us complain they will make some changes.

I think they should have a "prompt" that comes up for the person placing an order that says something like "Would you like to put this order on a Home Show?" Or "Do you have a Host you want to link this order to?" That would stop the guests from sending it in as an individual order. The guest doesn't know that the Host didn't get the credit.
Joanne

Single vs Show OrdersI emailed HO a while back about the difference between single orders and show orders. A Single order (outside a show) gets to see all of the products and click on what visually appeals to them. Someone shopping under a host name just gets a list! If you aren't familiar woth PC, you probably won't open EVERY item like you would look at every item in a catalog. If they were able to look at pictures and pick from there, I think it would increase sales for our hosts!

MandyK said:
I emailed HO a while back about the difference between single orders and show orders. A Single order (outside a show) gets to see all of the products and click on what visually appeals to them. Someone shopping under a host name just gets a list! If you aren't familiar woth PC, you probably won't open EVERY item like you would look at every item in a catalog. If they were able to look at pictures and pick from there, I think it would increase sales for our hosts!

Wow, interesting! I just went onto my website and pretended to be both types of customers and you're right - the experience is completely different.

I am definitely going to e-mail the HO about designing a website that is more consumer-friendly. :)

Emailing HOI think EVERYONE should email HO about this -- it affects our show sales. Lets make the shopping experience easy for our customers! I know I am more apt to purchase when I can see the items and not made to look for things.

Even my catalog show average order is $50, but online it is $20. There is something not happening right with the way they are presenting the products to be ordered on a show. Give me the address and I'll e-mail my heart out!

I don't think I dreamt this. . .didn't they tell us (at conference?) that soon when someone visits our website they will be able to look at a list of Hosts and choose the correct one?

chefjeanine said:
I don't think I dreamt this. . .didn't they tell us (at conference?) that soon when someone visits our website they will be able to look at a list of Hosts and choose the correct one?

Technically that is true already - if you click on "Our Products" then on "How to Order" and then enter a host's name, you will see a list of hosts matching that name. Did it sound to you like they were saying they are going to making *new* changes to the website? I am crossing my fingers!

Anyone know the correct e-mail address we could all use to send our concerns to HO? Thanks!

twinmomjen said:
Did it sound to you like they were saying they are going to making *new* changes to the website? I am crossing my fingers!

Yes, it sounded like an uprgrade. An actual list would come up -- sometimes people don't know how the Host's name is spelled -- and you would choose the appropriate Host.

Maybe the changes will come with the new product pics and stuff on Sept 1st.

chefjeanine said:
Yes, it sounded like an uprgrade. An actual list would come up -- sometimes people don't know how the Host's name is spelled -- and you would choose the appropriate Host.

That is GREAT news! Sounds like they are already on the road to making some positive changes. Yay!

My new recruit asked me how her guests placed an order online, so I went on to do so. What I found was that under the picture of a product there was an option to click on to place an order on a show. You then entered the host's first and last name. Is this the best way to do this?Thanks!

I found this while I was cleaning out the inbox in my email. It wasn't a dream!

Dear Personal Web Site Subscriber:

On July 31, we will add two enhancements to your Personal Web Site and make updates to the Personal Web Site Scripts and Images Gallery.

Here are the two new enhancements that will be added to your Personal Web Site:

• When a guest is searching for a host on your Personal Web Site, they will be provided with a list of possible names that match the search criteria. This allows a guest to find a host whose name they might not know how to spell.

•Your hosts will be able to select a preference for a day or evening phone number and this preference will be reflected on all e-invitations that include a phone number

Ohhhh...so I guess the changes have already been made, then. Bummer, I kept waiting for some big announcement!

We are working in the right direction though!

I just sent the following e-mail to Pampered Partner & Web Support:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/home_contacts/send_email/tpcmail.jsp?em=1

I'll post their reply when I get one...

Rebecca

Hello Web Support,
If a customer not linked to a show attempts to place an individual order on my personal website, there is a (GREAT!) "Shop Catalog" button that opens up a virtual page-by-page catalog that the customer can shop from.

If a customer enters the host name to place an outside order linked to a show, that customer is NOT given the option to "Shop Catalog". It is very inconvenient for the customer to go through all those links to find what they want.

Can you please add the "Shop Catalog" button on my personal website for show-related orders? I'd like it to be as easy as possible for customers to order products! The function already exists, it just has to be added to one more page.

Thank you!
Rebecca

I also sent an email to home office this afternoon asking for the same thing. I had a host call me today to get help on the website so that she could explain it to her guests that can't come, and she was very frustrated with it, and she is very computer literate. We were on the phone together and on the website at the same time, and it is a very unfriendly user site. I sure hope they come up with something better soon.

Dianne

Aaaarrgghhh!!!I just had another host lose an order towards her show and she was a bit ticked (which I don't blame her for!). The host said she went to my website and put her own name in as the host and it didn't come up, but when she put just her last name in it did come up. I think from now on I'm going to tell people if at all possible to just call the host or call me directly.

Also, I feel obligated to give the host that credit even though it may not officially show up on their show. For example, if they lose a $50 order and their show is $480, I give them the free products and discounts for the $500 level. Is there any way HO can take some of that burden off me?

I have started creating directions for the hosts for how to use the website as well as text for them to include in any emails they send from the website to explain to their friends how to use the site. Unfortunately since the website does not keep a copy of your emails nor does it cc you on the emails my text has been lost.

I agree with all of you. I had the same thing happen this past week, and it was $89.75 that should have went in a party. I think it is confusing for guest to order online.

Sally Wilhite

I think this was part of what we've been looking for!E-catalog Available for Personal Web Sites Sept. 1!

You asked for it, and we listened! On Sept. 1, the Fall/Winter 2006 catalog will be available electronically. Your customers will be able to browse the catalog on all Shows you set up on your Personal Web Site. Plus, visitors who stop by your Web site will also be able to browse and shop.

Related to Streamline Online Orders with a Simple Link - Share Your Frustrations!

1. How do I place an order on a consultant's website?

To place an order on a consultant's website, you will need to click on the "Our Products" tab and then select "How to Order". This will guide you through the steps to complete your order.

2. Is there an easier way to access the product catalog?

Yes, it would be more convenient for customers if there was a direct link on the consultant's homepage to access the product catalog. This way, they would not have to remember to click on the "Our Products" tab.

3. Can I enter a host name when placing an order on the consultant's website?

Yes, you can enter a host name if applicable when placing an order on the consultant's website. This will ensure that the host receives credit for the purchase.

4. What should I do if I encounter issues while placing an online order?

If you encounter any issues while placing an online order, you can try contacting the consultant directly for assistance. Alternatively, you can also reach out to the company's headquarters for support.

5. Is there a way to provide feedback or suggestions for improving the online ordering process?

Yes, you can reach out to the company's headquarters or participate in focus groups to provide feedback and suggestions for improving the online ordering process. Your input can help make the ordering experience more user-friendly and efficient for customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• virgomama
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kristenskitchen