• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With Online Ordering for Show?

In summary, Guests have had problems with online ordering, and Hosts have had to call HO to fix the mistake.
jenscookingnow
Has anyone else had guests to shows have issues with online ordering? I have had three people in the last three weeks try to order for a show and place an individual order instead! I have posted instructions on my web site and they are still messing it up! What happens is they are trying to pay with a credit card, and the system is asking them to 'create and account'. I tell them they have to log back in, and re-enter the hosts name. No matter how many times I tell them they have to log back in after creating the account, they still mess it up! I have posted very detailed directions for ordering on my home page.
I've told them to call HO to get the show refunded, and asked them to try again. For one it was too late though. Oh, and these orders meant the difference between the show qualifying or not too! I feel like I should compensate them in some way, but should I really reward someone who can't follow directions?
Do I have really dense guests or has anyone else had problems with this too?

The customer can still return the order when it's received, from what I've read on here.

I've had problems too, but different problems. Like site allowing guests spending less than $60 to get the bar board, or guests having problems logging in at all when they enter the host's name. Unfortunately they've ALL been on this one host's show...very embarrassing! All I can keep telling her is every time I'm made aware of an issue I call HO.

I think that it can be difficult. I wish online ordering was more prominent on the main page, because even with explicit directions people still can't figure it out! It's not just your customers.

I am going to start emphasizing phone orders rather than online. Or e-mail orders if they don't want to call me. I will send them the link to the virtual catalog, they will choose the products, and give me their CC info and item numbers over the phone. It isn't worth having to tell the host that all her orders from her family in Oregon don't count because it was too confusing and my website sucks!

Ok--I feel better now. Glad it's not just me!

I am sure that it happens enough that HO is getting annoyed with all the calls to change the order onto a show. I just don't get why they don't put the ordering back on the home page like it used to be!!

I think the front page should have "invited to a show click here" and "ordering without being invited to a show click here".

tlennhoff said:
I think the front page should have "invited to a show click here" and "ordering without being invited to a show click here".
I agree! I've only been doing this since March, so I don't know what it used to be like, but this way is causing a huge amount of problems!
Cute avatar by the way!

Hey y'all, with the confusion and problems I have, I finally put a "news" article with a link from the front page: "how to order online"...feel free to swipe from /lisacburns.

Host not recognizedHi All,

I just came from a show. A guest mentioned that her sister tried to place an order on my website under the host's name. But got an error message that it didn't recognize the name. I checked, and we all had the same spelling.

I just cleared all my cookies, and tried to sign in to place an order under the host's name. Same thing. No Host exists!:eek:

Has anyone had this happen to them before? What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix this, as the host is hoping to get a lot more outside orders through my website.

Thanks!

I've had that happen the day the show is supposed to close. It's almost like sometimes it doesn't wait until the end of the day!

That would make perfect sense. I double checked that. But, I have the show to close on Oct 30... Guess I'll call HO to see if they can help.

Thanks!

jenscookingnow said:
Has anyone else had guests to shows have issues with online ordering?

I had to call HO twice in the last two weeks for the same reason. It is such a hassle and I was lucky I caught it before they started picking the order. The lady I spoke to at HO said this happens all the time. It seems like it should be easier to place an order online or atleast easier to correct the mistake. I also have all the instructions of how to order on my website. I just can't figure out why it works fine sometimes and then all of a sudden I have several that end up as an individual order.

I found out that it closes the show at midnight of the date specified. So If I want it to close on the 30th I set it for the 1st of the following month otherwise its not available on the last day of the show.

Thanks Tasha, I did not know that! Of course, that's a good way for me to ensure that any last minute orders come through me and I don't send too soon. I had a host with guests wanting to place at the last minute so I changed the date to accommodate. But that at least tells me to expect something!

Related to Problems With Online Ordering for Show?

1. What do I do if my online order for a show is missing items?

If you are missing items from your online order, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433. They will be happy to assist you and make sure you receive all of your desired items.

2. Can I make changes to my online order for a show after it has been submitted?

Unfortunately, once an online order for a show has been submitted, we are unable to make any changes to it. If you need to make changes, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 as soon as possible.

3. What should I do if I am having trouble accessing the online ordering system for a show?

If you are having trouble accessing the online ordering system for a show, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 for further assistance.

4. How do I track my online order for a show?

To track your online order for a show, log into your account and go to the "My Orders" section. From there, you can view the status of your order and any tracking information available.

5. My online order for a show was cancelled, but I still see a pending charge on my credit card. What should I do?

If your online order for a show was cancelled, but you still see a pending charge on your credit card, please allow 3-5 business days for the charge to be removed. If the charge does not disappear after this time, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ttotsis