• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Filling for Chocolate Cake

In summary, the strawberry filling can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Frozen strawberries can also be used for the filling, as long as they are thawed before cooking. To prevent the filling from making the cake soggy, a thin layer of melted chocolate can be brushed on the bottom of the cake layer. Other fruits such as raspberries or blueberries can be used as well, with adjustments to the sugar amount. The cake with strawberry filling can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 1 month and thawed before serving.
ChefPaulaB
I want to make a chocolate cake in the torte pans and use fresh strawberries for the filling, but I don't want just the strawberries, any ideas on how to do this? Couldn't find anything in the files section. TIA!
Paula

Strawberry jam?

What do you mean by "Not just strawberries"? Do you mean a cream to go with it? A 3.5 ounce box of vanilla pudding mixed DRY with 16 ounces of whipped topping is great! Layer that in the well then put the strawberries on top. Or take about 1 cup of strawberry jam and mix it with about 3 cups of strawberries. Then you have a glazed strawberry filling.
wadesgirl! Great minds!

My thoughts are to make a "cheesecake" type filling, if you want it a bit richer. Not sure exactly, but I'm thinking maybe a package of cream cheese, mixed with a teaspoon of our vanilla, plus about 1/3 cup powdered sugar. Mix well, then fold in Cool Whip until you get the right consistency/flavor.
You might even want to tint it pink with food coloring, for May.
Oh, and layer filling with fresh strawberries, then drizzle with chocolate syrup. YUM!

Let us know what you end up with!
Paula

Maybe the filling for the Kiwi Lime Dessert cups minus the lime

Thanks! We ended up just making regular chocolate cake (it was for my b-day and my DD was making it, so couldn't be too complicated, she's only 7).

1. Can the strawberry filling be made ahead of time?

Yes, the strawberry filling can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

2. Can I use frozen strawberries for the filling?

Yes, frozen strawberries can be used for the filling. Simply thaw them before cooking and use the same amount as fresh strawberries.

3. How do I prevent the filling from making the cake soggy?

To prevent the filling from making the cake soggy, brush a thin layer of melted chocolate on the bottom of the cake layer before adding the filling. This will create a barrier between the filling and the cake.

4. Can I use other fruit instead of strawberries for the filling?

Yes, you can use other fruits such as raspberries or blueberries for the filling. Just make sure to adjust the sugar amount accordingly based on the sweetness of the fruit.

5. How long can the cake with strawberry filling be stored?

The cake with strawberry filling can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the cake for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Alanna1
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Mama2bowbaby