• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Story About Taking a Summer Break

August. However, due to her busy summer schedule, Sally forgot to send catalogs to her host, resulting in her not being able to make the catalog show count for August. This caused her to panic and scramble to put together orders in order to stay active. Unfortunately, many of her previous customers had already had shows with other consultants during the summer, making it difficult for her to book shows for the fall season. As a result, Sally had to work extra hard at the end of the summer to rebuild her business, causing her to miss out on some of her children's back to school activities. On the other hand, Planning Patty
PamperedK
Silver Member
I'm not sure how to search this.

Does anyone have a copy of that story of the 2 consultants - one who took a break over the summer? A lot of my team wants some "time off" over the summer. Time off from 1 show a month? Please!

If the link doesn't work for you:

Who will you be this Summer?

Read this very carefully. What you decide will not only affect your summer business but will have a HUGE impact on your fall (potentially best) selling season as well.

Summer Sally has three small children. She has been a Pampered Chef consultant for about 2 years and really loves it. But this summer, with the children involved in so many activities, Sally decided to take the summer off. She decided she would do one show at the end of May, turn it in in June, and take July and August off. To keep from going inactive and losing her career sales, 2% raise, and Future Director status, Sally wisely made sure she had a catalog show going so she would have $200 to turn in at the end of August. Sally really enjoyed her summer! She went to every ball game the kids had, took small day trips and weekend excursions, joined the local pool, got a great tan, worked around her house and spent every waking minute with the kids. What a great time they had. Sally was having so much fun; she forgot to send the catalogs to her catalog show host. By the time she remembered, the host was gone on her own family vacation. There was not time to make the catalog show count for August. Sally was in a panic. She got on the phone and put some orders together just in time to stay active, but found that no one from her shows 3 months earlier still wanted to do their shows. In fact, some had already had a show with another consultant because it had been so long. Now Sally had to work three times as hard at the end of the summer to get fall together, and she was missing some of the kids back to school activities. This just was not very fun. It was like starting all over again. Sally decided next summer would be very different.

Planning Patty also had three small children and looked forward to spending some extra time with the kids this summer. First she looked at her calendar and marked off all the days that she really couldn’t work. She made it a priority to attend 3 of every 4 ball games the kids had. On the rare occasion she and her husband missed a game, Patty found that the kids liked it when the sitter or grandparents could take them and watch them play. Next she planned one day trip each week, then she marked off several weekends where the entire family could “get away” or just do things around town. Patty’s next step was to work on her Pampered Chef calendar. She made it a goal to do 6 shows every month. She knew that to accomplish this, she would need to book 8 or 9 because of summer cancellations. She shared her plan at her shows on how she was going to enjoy her summer with her kids while working her own schedule. The money she was earning was paying for the weekend trips and special activities the kids were enjoying. She let them know how many nights she planned to work and that she only had a few dates left for whatever month she was booking. By sharing her story, Patty made other moms realize what a great job she had and Patty added two people to her team by the end of August. With 6 shows each month through the summer, Patty had a stack of leads for fall shows. She was ready to increase her show schedule and looked forward to paying for Christmas with cash!

WHO WILL YOU BE THIS SUMMER?

I've decided to use the concept ... have added a couple of updates in red

Who will you be this Summer?

Read this very carefully. What you decide will not only affect your summer business but will have a HUGE impact on your fall (potentially best) selling season as well.

Summer Sally has three small children. She has been a Pampered Chef consultant for about 2 years and really loves it. But this summer, with the children involved in so many activities, Sally decided to take the summer off. She decided she would do one show at the end of May, turn it in in June, and take July and August off. To keep from going inactive and losing her career sales, 2% raise, and Team Leader status, Sally wisely made sure she had a catalog show going so she would have $200 to turn in at the end of August. Sally really enjoyed her summer! She went to every ball game the kids had, took small day trips and weekend excursions, joined the local pool, got a great tan, worked around her house and spent every waking minute with the kids. What a great time they had. Sally was having so much fun; she forgot to send the catalogs to her catalog show host. By the time she remembered, the host was gone on her own family vacation. There was not time to make the catalog show count for August. Sally was in a panic. She got on the phone and put some orders together just in time to stay active, but found that no one from her shows 3 months earlier still wanted to do their shows. In fact, some had already had a show with another consultant because it had been so long. And because she wasn't meeting her goals each month, she lost her Home Office leads too. Now Sally had to work three times as hard at the end of the summer to get fall together, and she was missing some of the kids back to school activities. This just was not very fun. It was like starting all over again. Sally decided next summer would be very different.

Planning Patty also had three small children and looked forward to spending some extra time with the kids this summer. First she looked at her calendar and marked off all the days that she really couldn’t work. She made it a priority to attend 3 of every 4 ball games the kids had. On the rare occasion she and her husband missed a game, Patty found that the kids liked it when the sitter or grandparents could take them and watch them play. Next she planned one day-trip each week, then she marked off several weekends where the entire family could “get away” or just do things around town. Patty’s next step was to work on her Pampered Chef calendar. She made it a goal to do 6 shows every month. She knew that to accomplish this, she would need to book 8 or 9 because of summer cancellations. She shared her plan at her shows on how she was going to enjoy her summer with her kids while working her own schedule. The money she was earning was paying for the weekend trips and special activities the kids were enjoying. She let them know how many nights she planned to work and that she only had a few dates left for whatever month she was booking. By sharing her story, Patty made other moms realize what a great job she had and Patty added two people to her team by the end of August and promoted to Director. With 6 shows each month through the summer, Patty had earned lots of points to stay on track with her Irresistible Destinations goal and she had a stack of leads for fall shows too! She was ready to increase her show schedule and looked forward to earning her trip by November and paying for Christmas with cash!

WHO WILL YOU BE THIS SUMMER?

I've been tossing the idea around for a June Incentive for my team so this will go along great with it!
I'd really like to have a Director Promote b/4 conference.....

I just made it into a word doc. & I've attached it just in case anyone would like it.

Attachments

• WHO WILL YOU BE THIS SUMMER.doc
    25 KB · Views: 227
I sent it out on iContact earlier today so I could see who opens it! ;)

annew said:
I've been tossing the idea around for a June Incentive for my team so this will go along great with it!
I'd really like to have a Director Promote b/4 conference.....

I just made it into a word doc. & I've attached it just in case anyone would like it.

thanks so much for making this pretty! I am doing the summer host coaching segment at our team meeting tonight and I'm gonna use this! :chef:

What is the story about?

The story is about a group of friends who decide to take a summer break before starting college. They plan a trip to a beach house and have various adventures and experiences along the way.

Who are the main characters in the story?

The main characters are four friends named Emma, Jack, Sarah, and Ryan. They have been friends since high school and are now embarking on their last summer together before college.

Why do the characters decide to take a summer break?

The characters decide to take a summer break because they want to make the most of their last summer together before they all go off to college. They also want to relax and have fun after the stress of senior year.

What challenges do the characters face during their summer break?

The characters face various challenges during their summer break, including conflicts within their group, unexpected twists and turns, and personal issues that arise. They also have to navigate new relationships and experiences.

What lessons do the characters learn during their summer break?

The characters learn the importance of communication, honesty, and forgiveness in maintaining strong friendships. They also learn to live in the moment and appreciate the time they have together before going their separate ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • christinaspc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • footballchef