• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Saving Time and $ This Summer....

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of rising gas prices and ways to save money while running a successful business. The speaker shares tips on maximizing earnings through shows, catalog and internet sales, and other events. They also suggest creative ways to cut costs, such as combining multiple shows into one trip and utilizing online resources instead of making copies. The conversation highlights the benefits of host coaching and promoting summer-themed shows. Additionally, the speaker mentions the tax deduction for mileage when traveling to shows.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I thought this article was a nice reminder. I know I needed to hear it about the gas and some good tips.

Thanks Darla!!

As we talked last week, we are all facing the pressures of rising prices at the gas pumps and other areas. But I strongly feel that we can have a business that is stronger in the end, but there is a huge factor to this success. You must consistently work your business and have the attitude of service for your customers. I hope that all of you are choosing to “swim” this summer and have a “survivor mentality”.

I shared in my last article how we can help our customers and host see the value of attending a show where we share fast, easy and economical ideas to help with their time and saving money. This article we are going to explore ideas to help you save money too!

First I would like to share some things to think about when you are weighing the pros and cons of driving to Show. It is frightening to fill your tank with $4 a gallon gas, but think of the alternatives to earning money to pay for that gas.

If you were to get a part time job, would your wages be much more than $7.50 –
$9.00 an hour? What distance would you have to drive to get to that job? How
frequently would you make that drive?

OR

Doing one Show a week could earn you $400 a month or more with our average
Show. Add Catalog and Internet Shows to this, plus On-line Orders and you have
even more in commissions. $4 a gallon is much easier to handle when you know
you can earn about $25 an hour or more!

I am suggesting that instead of shying away from doing Shows due to the cost of gas, increase your Show schedule to earn even more money! Do Catalog and Internet Shows, but don’t solely rely on them for your sales. We all know that they are the icing on the cake, but not the fastest way to gain future business.

Here are some ideas to earning more this summer:

1. Add more Shows to your calendar. Look at your family schedule and decide when you can do Shows. Are you taking a vacation? Can you do a Show while visiting family or at the campsite? (Remember you can use a portion of your vacation as a write-off then!)

2. Do more Catalog and Internet Shows (Internet Shows are done strictly over the website once you register your Host’s Show)

3. Promote your website for on-line Orders. Do an email newsletter to your customer base using the great info provided by HO.

4. Work fairs, booths and community events this summer. Setting up a booth and taking orders and leads for Shows and Recruits is well worth the time and money. Plus if you are outdoors on a beautiful day you get a tan!

5. Schedule a Mega Show. Having 4-6 (or whatever # you want) Host come to one location and you do the work of one Show but gain the benefits of multiple Shows.

6. Post info for recipes, Power Cooking Show, etc on your web site instead of making copies for everyone at your Show. Have them go to your website and retrieve that info, so no copying costs for you! (Plus while they are at your web site, encourage them to shop the Outlet and check out other benefits and info)

7. Along those same lines, only give out Catalogs to customers when at Shows. Make one copy of the Specials and pass that around. Save money by not making so many copies of things you would normally put in a customer folder.

8. If traveling a distance to hold a Show, try to schedule more than one. (Sat 9:45 a.m. and 4 p.m.) One trip, two Shows.

9. Make sure you are Host Coaching for maximum attendance. A win-win for you and the Host. Coach her as to what to share with family and friends about the benefit of attending the Show to hear how to save time and money in the kitchen. (See last weeks article) Offer Cool Summer Power Cooking ideas (See additional attachments). Offer Grilling Shows, patio, deck or pool Shows.

10. When customers are too busy to come to a Show – go to them! Tail gate at the ball field or do a lunch time or after-work Show.

Here is another thing to consider when thinking about traveling to a Show.

We are currently allowed a .505 cent a mile deduction on your taxes. While you
don’t get this right away, it is a savings to offset the gas prices!

As always, I would love to hear what your money savings ideas for working your business are!

WOW!! Thanks Kristi for posting this it's a great reminder to our consultants to think outside the "box". I'm going to send this to my team.

I completely agree with you, Darla! It's definitely important to have a "survivor mentality" during these tough times. And I love your idea of increasing the number of shows we do to offset the cost of gas. I also think promoting our websites and doing online shows is a great way to save on gas and still make sales. And thanks for reminding us about the tax deduction for mileage - every little bit helps!

1. How can I save time when preparing meals this summer?

One way to save time when preparing meals this summer is to plan ahead and meal prep. Spend some time on the weekend or a designated day to prepare meals and ingredients for the week. This will save you time during busy weeknights and make mealtime easier.

2. What are some tips for saving money on groceries this summer?

To save money on groceries this summer, try shopping at local farmers markets for fresh and often cheaper produce. You can also buy in bulk and freeze excess ingredients for later use. Planning your meals and using coupons or shopping for sales can also help save money.

3. How can I make the most out of my summer produce?

To make the most out of your summer produce, try incorporating it into multiple meals. For example, use fresh berries in a breakfast smoothie, as a topping for yogurt, and in a dessert. You can also freeze excess produce for later use in smoothies or as a quick and healthy snack.

4. What are some easy and quick summer meal ideas?

Some easy and quick summer meal ideas include salads, grilled meats and vegetables, and sandwiches. You can also make a big batch of pasta or grain salad and have it for multiple meals throughout the week. Utilizing your slow cooker or instant pot can also save time and make delicious meals.

5. How can I save time and money when hosting summer gatherings?

To save time and money when hosting summer gatherings, consider asking guests to bring a dish or beverage to share. You can also plan a potluck style meal where everyone brings a dish. Utilizing make-ahead recipes and simple, seasonal ingredients can also save time and money. Don't be afraid to keep it simple and focus on spending time with your guests rather than elaborate dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • krhodes74