• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Show Prep: New vs. Seasoned Options and Essential Items

In summary, the consultant kit includes a stainless mixing bowl, woven selections, and a deep covered baker. These items are displayed with the lid on a tower and whacked to show the non-skid bottom. The consultant also recommends taking something DOTS, so that potential buyers see the product in person.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I finally have my first show on Sunday!! I signed up in June and have had only catalog shows.

I'm trying to figure out what to take. I know I don't want to take too much. For stoneware - which type do you bring? New/Seasoned/Both?

Any other for sure takes?

If I am not using stoneware for the recipe, I take the small bar pan - it is not seasoned. If using it for a recipe, my bar pan and round stones are well=seasoned.
Sometimes, if my host has stoneware that is seasoned, I will pull it out.

Good luck on your show!

I don't think it matters if it is seasoned, or not.

I am taking the unseasoned round stone with handles to a booth/fair on Saturday, just to show off the new design.
If it WAS seasoned, I'd still take it.

If you can take everything in the new consultant kit, do it.

Some things that I have really been selling, since I got them and can now show them: the stainless mixing bowls and woven selections. The catalog photos just don't do these products justice.

Any cookbooks you have, since they are the guest special this month;
Deep covered baker, since it next month's host special.

kspry said:
Good luck on your show!

Some things that I have really been selling, since I got them and can now show them: the stainless mixing bowls and woven selections. The catalog photos just don't do these products justice.

QUOTE]

Can I ask what you are saying to sell these items? Which recipes are you doing also? I am very interested!!!

Good luck at your show as well, take at least something from every collection (if you have it) just so you have a visual reminder to talk about that collection and people enjoy seeing things... even if they have one at home, they want to see yours and tell everyone about it.. lol

For the stainless mixing bowls, I stack them up in a tower with the lids on, as a display.

I don't do the traditional talk for my shows - so at some point, I pick up and whack the littlest one, take the lid off, and show the non-skid bottom.
I think I say something lame, like, look at this! The catalog doesn't do it justice!

Same thing with the woven additions -

Have fun at your show!

I take whichever stone is appropriate for the recipe of course and if it happens to be seasoned that's fine but I usually take a less seasoned stone (or a new one if I am not using one with the recipe). The host or a guest will inevitably have a well seasoned one and will happily announce what HERS looks like.

I do agree that you need to carry a woven piece - until they see it they go right past it. I like to carry the round piece because (if I'm not using the round stone) it makes a great tray to display several other products.

Another thing you need to take is something DOTS. When they see those they are much more likely to buy than just by seeing the pic.

What is stoneware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature, making it durable and non-porous. It is commonly used in kitchenware, such as baking dishes and cookware.

What is the difference between new and seasoned stoneware?

New stoneware refers to pieces that have not yet been used for cooking. Seasoned stoneware, on the other hand, has been used multiple times and has developed a natural non-stick surface. This makes it great for baking and cooking without the need for added oils or sprays.

How do I season my stoneware?

To season your stoneware, simply coat the surface with a thin layer of cooking oil and bake it in the oven at a low temperature for about an hour. This will help create a natural non-stick surface on your stoneware.

Can I use soap to clean my stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use soap on stoneware as it can absorb the soap and leave a soapy taste on your food. Instead, clean your stoneware with hot water and a non-abrasive scrubber. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a baking soda paste to gently scrub them away.

Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to avoid sudden temperature changes, so do not take your stoneware from the freezer and put it directly into the microwave. Allow it to come to room temperature first to prevent cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellerCooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • cmcchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Kathytnt