• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware in Electric Roasting Pan

In summary, ChefTS tried using his electric roasting pan with a stoneware piece and it turned out just fine. However, it is not supposed to be used on direct heat and people have had theirs break on the grill.
ChefTS
I have an electric roasting pan, and was wanting to use one of my stoneware pieces in that on Thanksgiving. I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done this, or if anyone knows that it is a bad idea. :D

Thanks!

I'd call HO and ask this.

I second HO because it's not supposed to be placed over direct heat. People have had theirs break on the grill, it's not supposed to be used on broil in the oven or on self clean mode. I'm not sure how your electric roaster is set up, but if the stoneware is going to be on the bottom of the roaster I would think that would be direct heat.

Tried ItI had a host whose oven/stove was broken when it came time for her show and we did the spin/artichoke dip and put the stone in her electric roasting over and it turned out just fine. I think her roaster had a rack that sat at the bottom of it though so it wasn't sitting directly on the heat source.

--Rachel:eek:
P.S. This is my first post! :D

valntyn81 said:
--Rachel:eek:
P.S. This is my first post! :D

Thanks for coming out of your shell Rachel and helping out a fellow Cheffer!;) Welcome!!:D

Your welcome and thanks! :) I have only been a member for a few days and have already found some great ideas!
--Rachel

So, ChefTS, how did your stone in the roaster work? I am just now reading this, but wanted to offer a suggestion for next time. Try putting a stoneware rack upside down on the bottom of the roaster and setting your stone on it.
And thanks for starting this post. I had way too much to go in the oven in one day on Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll try the roaster next time!

Hi there! I'm a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I have used stoneware in an electric roasting pan before with great success. The stoneware helps distribute heat evenly and keeps your food from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Just make sure to follow the instructions for preheating your stoneware before placing it in the electric roasting pan. Happy Thanksgiving!

1. What is the benefit of using stoneware in an electric roasting pan?

Stoneware is known for its ability to evenly distribute heat, making it perfect for roasting meats and vegetables. This ensures that your food cooks evenly and prevents burnt spots.

2. Can stoneware be used in an electric roasting pan?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in an electric roasting pan as long as the pan is oven-safe and can accommodate the size of the stoneware.

3. How do I properly clean stoneware in an electric roasting pan?

To clean stoneware, allow it to cool completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Do not use any harsh or abrasive cleaners, as this can damage the stoneware.

4. Can I use stoneware in an electric roasting pan on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use on a stovetop. It is designed to be used in the oven only.

5. How do I avoid staining on my stoneware in an electric roasting pan?

To avoid staining, it is important to properly season your stoneware before use. This involves coating it with a thin layer of oil and baking it in the oven. Also, avoid using acidic or heavily pigmented foods on stoneware, as these can cause staining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Julie Richt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrshamel3808