• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan: The Perfect Addition to Any Baker's Collection

In summary, since cakes are relatively high fat, Paula in TNI always grease and flour her fluted and mini fluted pan. She finds that the stone makes the cakes so light and fluffy, that if she doesn't grease the pan, they fall apart when she tries to take them out. Paula also mixes equal parts cooking oil, flour and shortening and brushes it on the stone with the pastry brush. This recipe works very well and you never have to worry about anything sticking to the stones. When doing this for a show, Paula makes the cake
pelamm
Since cakes are relatively high fat, does this need any treating like the pizza stones do? I have a potential customer asking.

Thanks

Paula in TN

I always grease and flour my fluted and mini fluted pan. I find that the stone makes the cakes so light and fluffy, that if I don't grease the pan, they fall apart when I try to take them out.I spritz the stone with the spritzer and then brush the oil with the pastry brush to make sure I get all of the nooks and crannies. I flour with a quick-mixing flour - it comes in a shaker can and is typically used for gravies and sauces. It is very fine and doesn't clump together on the pan the way regular flour does.

Even though my Stoneware Fluted Pan and my Mini Fluted Pan have been used LOTS I still treat the pans anyway, for fear things won't pop out. The best thing I've found that works great is "Baker's Joy." It's a nonstick spray that has flour in it, so you don't need to flour it separately. I also have seen that Pam now has a spray with the flour in it, but I've never used it. Good luck!

I have never jused anything but our spritzer to prep my stoneware fluted pan. Even though it is now seasoned I do spritz it well each time for extra insurance but have never had a problem releasing a cake. I just let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then run the citrus peeler around all edges before inverting onto the plater.

I mix equal parts cooking oil, flour and shortening and brush it on the stone with the pastry brush. It works very well. I keep the leftover in the fridge.

danger girl said:
I mix equal parts cooking oil, flour and shortening and brush it on the stone with the pastry brush. It works very well. I keep the leftover in the fridge.

This is the best recipe I have ever used!! You never have to worry about anything sticking to your stones!!! (now we can store it in our 'prep' bowls!)
:D

cooling cakesHow long are we suppossed to let the cakes and 10 minute microwave cakes made in the fluted pan cool before we take them out?

It depends. If you want the icing to run all over the place, you can turn it immediately. If you want the icing to set up a bit, let it cool for as long as you want.

When doing this for a show, I make the cake first. I don't touch it until the end of the show.

1. How do I properly season my Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan?

To season your Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan, simply rinse it with warm water and then dry it completely. Next, rub a small amount of vegetable oil over the entire surface of the pan. Place the pan in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes, then remove and let it cool. Your pan is now seasoned and ready to use!

2. Can I use my Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan in the microwave?

No, the Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan is not safe to use in the microwave. It is designed for use in the oven only.

3. How do I clean my Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan?

To clean your Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan, simply rinse it with warm water and use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any food particles. Do not use soap or detergent, as it can damage the seasoning on the pan. Let the pan air dry completely before storing.

4. Can I use metal utensils with my Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with your Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan as they can scratch the surface of the pan. Instead, use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to protect the pan.

5. How do I prevent my cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to properly season your Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan before use. Additionally, avoid using non-stick cooking spray as it can create a build-up on the pan. Instead, lightly grease the pan with butter or oil before adding your batter. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812