1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware Fluted Cake Pan

1. pelamm

pelamm Member

Since cakes are relatively high fat, does this need any treating like the pizza stones do? I have a potential customer asking.

Thanks

Paula in TN

May 16, 2005
  2. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I always grease and flour my fluted and mini fluted pan. I find that the stone makes the cakes so light and fluffy, that if I don't grease the pan, they fall apart when I try to take them out.

I spritz the stone with the spritzer and then brush the oil with the pastry brush to make sure I get all of the nooks and crannies. I flour with a quick-mixing flour - it comes in a shaker can and is typically used for gravies and sauces. It is very fine and doesn't clump together on the pan the way regular flour does.

May 16, 2005
  3. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Even though my Stoneware Fluted Pan and my Mini Fluted Pan have been used LOTS I still treat the pans anyway, for fear things won't pop out. The best thing I've found that works great is "Baker's Joy." It's a nonstick spray that has flour in it, so you don't need to flour it separately. I also have seen that Pam now has a spray with the flour in it, but I've never used it. Good luck!

May 16, 2005
  4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I have never jused anything but our spritzer to prep my stoneware fluted pan. Even though it is now seasoned I do spritz it well each time for extra insurance but have never had a problem releasing a cake. I just let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then run the citrus peeler around all edges before inverting onto the plater.

May 16, 2005
  5. danger girl

danger girl Guest

I mix equal parts cooking oil, flour and shortening and brush it on the stone with the pastry brush. It works very well. I keep the leftover in the fridge.

May 16, 2005

6. This is the best recipe I have ever used!! You never have to worry about anything sticking to your stones!!! (now we can store it in our 'prep' bowls!)
    :D

May 18, 2005
  7. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

cooling cakes

How long are we suppossed to let the cakes and 10 minute microwave cakes made in the fluted pan cool before we take them out?

May 27, 2005
  8. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

It depends. If you want the icing to run all over the place, you can turn it immediately. If you want the icing to set up a bit, let it cool for as long as you want.

When doing this for a show, I make the cake first. I don't touch it until the end of the show.

Have something to add?