• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Fluted Pan Versus Silicone Cake Pan

In summary, the main difference between a stoneware fluted pan and a silicone cake pan is the material they are made of. Stoneware pans are made of natural clay while silicone pans are made of a synthetic material. Both pans have their own advantages when it comes to baking cakes, such as even heat distribution and non-stick properties. However, stoneware pans should not be used in the microwave and silicone pans are usually safe to use in the dishwasher. When it comes to durability, both pans can last a long time if properly cared for, but stoneware pans may be more prone to cracking and silicone pans may lose their non-stick properties over time.
ahinchey
Hi,
I customer asked which one was better (she doesn't care about the fancy design) but was looking to make cakes primarily. I have neither so I thought I'd ask everyone here... Does anyone have any preference on these items? They cost about the same--- and look similar to me.
Thanks in advance.
:)

I love my stoneware! So I would say the Fluted Pan. However, one big difference is in the weight. I've often found the older the person the more this comes in to play in their decision.

And I like that I can use my stoneware pan in the microwave, too. (love those 12-min. microwave cakes!) You can't do that with the Silicone bakeware. BUT the Silicone pan can go in the dishwasher, whereas the stoneware cannot. Those might be details worth mentioning to help her decide.

1. What is the main difference between a stoneware fluted pan and a silicone cake pan?

The main difference between these two types of pans is the material they are made of. Stoneware fluted pans are made from natural clay, while silicone cake pans are made from a synthetic material.

2. Which pan is better for baking cakes?

Both pans have their own advantages. Stoneware fluted pans are known for their ability to distribute heat evenly, resulting in a more evenly baked cake. Silicone cake pans are non-stick and flexible, making it easier to remove the cake from the pan without it breaking. Ultimately, it depends on personal preference and the type of cake you are baking.

3. Can I use a stoneware fluted pan in the microwave?

No, stoneware fluted pans are not safe to use in the microwave. The high heat from the microwave can cause the pan to crack or break. It is best to use stoneware fluted pans in the oven only.

4. Are silicone cake pans dishwasher safe?

Yes, most silicone cake pans are safe to use in the dishwasher. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting it in the dishwasher. Some pans may be more delicate and require hand washing to avoid damage.

5. Which pan is more durable and long-lasting?

Both stoneware fluted pans and silicone cake pans can be durable and long-lasting if used and cared for properly. Stoneware fluted pans are known to be more prone to cracking or breaking if dropped or exposed to extreme temperature changes. Silicone cake pans may lose their non-stick properties over time if not properly cared for. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for both types of pans to ensure their longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812