• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Fluted Pan...is It Worth It?

In summary, the Stoneware Fluted Pan can be used for cakes and meatloaf, but isn't the best option for other uses. The other uses for the pan are described by the author. The author recommends investing in the pan, as it can be used regularly and is affordable.
emo812
I'm thinking about ordering the Stoneware Fluted Pan but wasn't sure what else can be done with it besides cakes and meatloaf?

I was going to order it with kit enhancement but wasn't sure that I would use it for much other than the Help Whip Cancer pink cake. I figured I could just make the Pink Cake in my DCB even though it won't be as pretty as the Fluted Pan.

What do you think? Is it worth it? I'm really trying to not buy things that I won't get much use out of. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

My HD uses it at every one of her shows to do a microwave cake. She then also talks about all the other uses. She sells tons of them, and at $29 a piece, it's something that's affordable enough for most people, but still a significant amount to add to your sales.

I haven't used mine in years. I think your money would be better spent on any number of other products.

I always do a DCB recipe & a microwave cake in the fluted pan at each of my shows. I have sold 6 fluted pans since I started on 2/24! I think it's a great investment for your business at the very least. I do the cake before everyone arrives so it's sitting out & pretty when they get there.

I use mine all the time and sell a ton! I also always do a microwave cake before almost every show, the house smells like cake as they all arrive. Then I describe the 'dirty chicken' to them in great detail. Their mouths are watering by the end. I tell them what rock star's they will be to make this very easy and delicious meal! All it takes is a little time, but very little effort.

When describing the cake, i tell them now when Mother in law calls to invite us to dinner that night, I take a my pan with 3 ingredients(mix, icing and coke) and have dessert instead of a bag of chips!

I did this at a show the other night along with the mex chk lasagna in the dcb - I sold 2 DCB's outright and 3 fluted pans!

NooraK said:
My HD uses it at every one of her shows to do a microwave cake. She then also talks about all the other uses. She sells tons of them, and at $29 a piece, it's something that's affordable enough for most people, but still a significant amount to add to your sales.

What are the other uses? That's why I'm having a hard time deciding if it's worth it. I want to make the microwave cakes but I can do those in my DCB or Rice Cooker Plus.

chefcharity said:
I use mine all the time and sell a ton! I also always do a microwave cake before almost every show, the house smells like cake as they all arrive. Then I describe the 'dirty chicken' to them in great detail. Their mouths are watering by the end. I tell them what rock star's they will be to make this very easy and delicious meal! All it takes is a little time, but very little effort.

When describing the cake, i tell them now when Mother in law calls to invite us to dinner that night, I take a my pan with 3 ingredients(mix, icing and coke) and have dessert instead of a bag of chips!

I did this at a show the other night along with the mex chk lasagna in the dcb - I sold 2 DCB's outright and 3 fluted pans!

Do you still put in the eggs & oil or does the Coke replace that? Also, regular Coke or Diet Coke? What's the "dirty chicken"?

I haven't used mine since I got my DCB. I don't do many cakes - especially microwave cakes. :)yuck:) and I used mine mainly for roasting chicken. Haven't needed it since my DCB came into my life!

emo812 said:
Do you still put in the eggs & oil or does the Coke replace that? Also, regular Coke or Diet Coke? What's the "dirty chicken"?

You can make the cake just as it says on the box, but I do the 3 ingredients only. Mix the cake mix and soda (anything works, just not Pepsi - makes it taste burnt) Pour in pan then dollop 1/2 to 3/4 can of frosting in mix. Microave 10 - 12 minutes.

Change it up too! Choc mix, choc frosting and coke/diet coke
orange mix, orange crush, vanilla frosting - taste like dreamcicle
strawberry mix, strawberry crush, vanilla frosting

Dirty Chicken:
Take whole chicken and set it on the middle part of the pan (kinda like beer can chicken), rub with oil, make slits under the skin and put butter pats in, then sprinkle whole thing with your favorite seasoning - rosemary herb, italian - whatever!, Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, take it out and add your veggies around the botton - potaotes, carrots, onions, zuchinni, celery - put back in the oven for another 1 1/2 hours. When it comes out, the veggies are roasted in the chicken broth, the skin is crispy and the meat is juicy.... YUM!

Thanks! I'll have to try that! I like the idea of making the micro cake in fluted pan before hand at the Host's house and then doing demo in DCB. Perhaps the pan will be worth it. I mean at 40% off I can't go wrong!

emo812 said:
Thanks! I'll have to try that! I like the idea of making the micro cake in fluted pan before hand at the Host's house and then doing demo in DCB. Perhaps the pan will be worth it. I mean at 40% off I can't go wrong!

Glad we could help. Quick tip for you when using it on cakes.... Of course brush with oil the first couple of times. But, when it comes out of the microave, let it set 2 - 5 minutes. At least 2 so it can 'set' and no more than 5 because the whole cake will not turn out on the platter. I always tell them, its not pretty but it is good!

ChefBeckyD said:
I haven't used mine since I got my DCB. I don't do many cakes - especially microwave cakes. :)yuck:) and I used mine mainly for roasting chicken. Haven't needed it since my DCB came into my life!

I agree with you on this one, Becky. That's why I don't use mine anymore. Way back when I started, I made a microwave cake at a couple of shows :yuck:. . .too risky for me. I don't like the way they look/turn out so I won't do them at a show. And now, since I only do one recipe (not including garlic biscuits w/ the 30 minute chicken show), I have no need to attempt a microwave cake. It probably has been at least 5 years since I've used mine.

MUST HAVE IT in my opinion!!! I love the micro cakes (almost always do them at a show and will always sell them) along with the DCB for a complete dinner and dessert show. As for other uses, I make a whole chicken in it butt-end down and it's different than when I cook it in the DCB. Personally, I prefer it in the fluted pan. You can also make that monkey bread in it, angel food cake, coffee cake, etc.

chefcharity said:
Dirty Chicken:
Take whole chicken and set it on the middle part of the pan (kinda like beer can chicken), rub with oil, make slits under the skin and put butter pats in, then sprinkle whole thing with your favorite seasoning - rosemary herb, italian - whatever!, Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, take it out and add your veggies around the botton - potaotes, carrots, onions, zuchinni, celery - put back in the oven for another 1 1/2 hours. When it comes out, the veggies are roasted in the chicken broth, the skin is crispy and the meat is juicy.... YUM!

Does it really take 3 hours in the oven at 350? That seems like a long time.

Here are some recipes I have for the fluted pan... I have made about half of the cakes listed...I get raves about the Pumpkin, Choc Cherry, and the lemon....not to mention the pull apart biscuits are asked for by my DH at least a couple times a month whether it be breakfast(cinnamon/caramel sprinkle) or dinner(garlic and herb)... :D

hope that helps a bit...

Attachments

• fluted pan recipes.doc
    86.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 50 fluted stone recipes.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 599
Yeah, it really takes 3 hours. It took me a while to figure out the correct time for it. Just keep an eye on it if you want to try at a shorter time and higher temp. Trial and error! At 3 hours it was the first time my husband really liked it!

I love microwave cakes in the fluted pan. The strawberry chocolate velvet cake was a big hit last winter.

and if you think about it- what do you do with an ordinary fluted/bundt pan- primarily make cakes with it. The fact that we can do chicken and meatloaf also, I just think is a bonus! But the microwave cakes are the best! I've only tried the chocolates, but it's great to have dessert in a jiffy if you have an unexpected company drop by or just want a 'wow' dessert with no fuss. THAT makes it worth it...and the guests love it!

1. What is the material of the Stoneware Fluted Pan?

The Stoneware Fluted Pan is made of natural stoneware that is designed to distribute heat evenly and retain heat for a longer period of time. This makes it perfect for baking cakes, tarts, and other desserts.

2. Is the Stoneware Fluted Pan safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F. It is also safe to use in the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher for added convenience.

3. How do I clean the Stoneware Fluted Pan?

The Stoneware Fluted Pan is very easy to clean. Simply hand wash it with warm water and a mild detergent. You can also use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any stubborn residue. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners as they can damage the stoneware surface.

4. Can I use the Stoneware Fluted Pan to cook savory dishes?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan can be used to cook a variety of dishes, including savory ones. It is great for making quiches, pot pies, and even roasted vegetables. Just make sure to season the pan before using it for savory dishes.

5. Is the Stoneware Fluted Pan worth the investment?

Absolutely! The Stoneware Fluted Pan is a high-quality, durable product that will last for years. It also has a non-stick surface, which means you can bake without using excess oil or butter. Additionally, the even heat distribution of the stoneware will result in perfectly baked goods every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • casescafe