1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware Fluted Pan...is it worth it?

1. emo812

emo812 Member

I'm thinking about ordering the Stoneware Fluted Pan but wasn't sure what else can be done with it besides cakes and meatloaf?

I was going to order it with kit enhancement but wasn't sure that I would use it for much other than the Help Whip Cancer pink cake. I figured I could just make the Pink Cake in my DCB even though it won't be as pretty as the Fluted Pan.

What do you think? Is it worth it? I'm really trying to not buy things that I won't get much use out of. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

My HD uses it at every one of her shows to do a microwave cake. She then also talks about all the other uses. She sells tons of them, and at $29 a piece, it's something that's affordable enough for most people, but still a significant amount to add to your sales.

Apr 30, 2009
  3. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

I haven't used mine in years. I think your money would be better spent on any number of other products.

Apr 30, 2009
  4. kristina16marie

kristina16marie Advanced Member Gold Member

I always do a DCB recipe & a microwave cake in the fluted pan at each of my shows. I have sold 6 fluted pans since I started on 2/24! I think it's a great investment for your business at the very least. I do the cake before everyone arrives so it's sitting out & pretty when they get there.

5. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I use mine all the time and sell a ton! I also always do a microwave cake before almost every show, the house smells like cake as they all arrive. Then I describe the 'dirty chicken' to them in great detail. Their mouths are watering by the end. I tell them what rock star's they will be to make this very easy and delicious meal! All it takes is a little time, but very little effort.

When describing the cake, i tell them now when Mother in law calls to invite us to dinner that night, I take a my pan with 3 ingredients(mix, icing and coke) and have dessert instead of a bag of chips!

I did this at a show the other night along with the mex chk lasagna in the dcb - I sold 2 DCB's outright and 3 fluted pans!

Apr 30, 2009
  6. emo812

emo812 Member

What are the other uses? That's why I'm having a hard time deciding if it's worth it. I want to make the microwave cakes but I can do those in my DCB or Rice Cooker Plus.

Apr 30, 2009
  7. emo812

emo812 Member

Do you still put in the eggs & oil or does the Coke replace that? Also, regular Coke or Diet Coke? What's the "dirty chicken"?

Apr 30, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I haven't used mine since I got my DCB. I don't do many cakes - especially microwave cakes. :)yuck:) and I used mine mainly for roasting chicken. Haven't needed it since my DCB came into my life!

Apr 30, 2009
  9. chefcharity

You can make the cake just as it says on the box, but I do the 3 ingredients only. Mix the cake mix and soda (anything works, just not Pepsi - makes it taste burnt) Pour in pan then dollop 1/2 to 3/4 can of frosting in mix. Microave 10 - 12 minutes.

Change it up too! Choc mix, choc frosting and coke/diet coke
    orange mix, orange crush, vanilla frosting - taste like dreamcicle
    strawberry mix, strawberry crush, vanilla frosting

Dirty Chicken:
    Take whole chicken and set it on the middle part of the pan (kinda like beer can chicken), rub with oil, make slits under the skin and put butter pats in, then sprinkle whole thing with your favorite seasoning - rosemary herb, italian - whatever!, Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, take it out and add your veggies around the botton - potaotes, carrots, onions, zuchinni, celery - put back in the oven for another 1 1/2 hours. When it comes out, the veggies are roasted in the chicken broth, the skin is crispy and the meat is juicy.... YUM!

Apr 30, 2009
  10. emo812

emo812 Member

Thanks! I'll have to try that! I like the idea of making the micro cake in fluted pan before hand at the Host's house and then doing demo in DCB. Perhaps the pan will be worth it. I mean at 40% off I can't go wrong!

Apr 30, 2009
  11. chefcharity

Glad we could help. Quick tip for you when using it on cakes.... Of course brush with oil the first couple of times. But, when it comes out of the microave, let it set 2 - 5 minutes. At least 2 so it can 'set' and no more than 5 because the whole cake will not turn out on the platter. I always tell them, its not pretty but it is good!

Apr 30, 2009
  12. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

I agree with you on this one, Becky. That's why I don't use mine anymore. Way back when I started, I made a microwave cake at a couple of shows :yuck:. . .too risky for me. I don't like the way they look/turn out so I won't do them at a show. And now, since I only do one recipe (not including garlic biscuits w/ the 30 minute chicken show), I have no need to attempt a microwave cake. It probably has been at least 5 years since I've used mine.

Apr 30, 2009
  13. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

MUST HAVE IT in my opinion!!! I love the micro cakes (almost always do them at a show and will always sell them) along with the DCB for a complete dinner and dessert show. As for other uses, I make a whole chicken in it butt-end down and it's different than when I cook it in the DCB. Personally, I prefer it in the fluted pan. You can also make that monkey bread in it, angel food cake, coffee cake, etc.

Apr 30, 2009
  14. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Does it really take 3 hours in the oven at 350? That seems like a long time.

15. Ish

Ish Member Gold Member

Here are some recipes I have for the fluted pan... I have made about half of the cakes listed...I get raves about the Pumpkin, Choc Cherry, and the lemon....not to mention the pull apart biscuits are asked for by my DH at least a couple times a month whether it be breakfast(cinnamon/caramel sprinkle) or dinner(garlic and herb)... :D

hope that helps a bit...

Attached Files:

Apr 30, 2009
  16. chefcharity

Yeah, it really takes 3 hours. It took me a while to figure out the correct time for it. Just keep an eye on it if you want to try at a shorter time and higher temp. Trial and error! At 3 hours it was the first time my husband really liked it!

Apr 30, 2009
  17. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I love microwave cakes in the fluted pan. The strawberry chocolate velvet cake was a big hit last winter.

Apr 30, 2009
  18. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

and if you think about it- what do you do with an ordinary fluted/bundt pan- primarily make cakes with it. The fact that we can do chicken and meatloaf also, I just think is a bonus! But the microwave cakes are the best! I've only tried the chocolates, but it's great to have dessert in a jiffy if you have an unexpected company drop by or just want a 'wow' dessert with no fuss. THAT makes it worth it...and the guests love it!

Apr 30, 2009
Have something to add?