• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware and Gluten Intolerance

In summary, stoneware can be safely used for gluten-free cooking as it is made from natural clay and does not contain any harmful chemicals. There is no risk of cross-contamination for individuals with celiac disease as long as the stoneware is properly cleaned and seasoned. Stoneware is also a great option for baking gluten-free bread, as it helps create a crispy crust and evenly baked bread without added oil or butter. The only precaution to take when using stoneware for gluten-free cooking is to ensure it is thoroughly cleaned and seasoned. There are also many recipes available for gluten-free cooking using stoneware, such as pizza, bread, casseroles, and even desserts like brownies and cobblers.
jcwarr
i have a call into ho about this as well - but thought someone here might know the answer. a customer wants to know if you can use the stoneware with recipes that contain gluten and still be able to make a gluten free recipe as well. does it cross - contaminate? her daughter has some extreme allergies and i'm trying to find an answer. thanks!

My nephew cannot have gluten. I think my sister uses her stones for his food as well as for their food. I will double check with her.

did anyone ever hear back on this subject? I have a host with this same predicament and issue and would like to know as well..anyone out there have any wisdom or expertise in this area, please let me know. thanks!

I suggest using parchment paper on top of the stones for the non-gluten recipes, just in case.

cmdtrgd said:
I suggest using parchment paper on top of the stones for the non-gluten recipes, just in case.
You could also use two different colors of stoneware (FV and Cran) for gluten/non-gluten food. Like having Kosher stones.

I had a gluten allergy guest who said that they DO cross-contaminate so I like the idea of having two different color stones for different uses.

1. Can stoneware be used for gluten-free cooking?

Yes, stoneware can be safely used for gluten-free cooking. Since stoneware is made from natural clay and does not contain any harmful chemicals, it is safe for individuals with gluten intolerance.

2. Is there a risk of cross-contamination with stoneware if I have celiac disease?

No, as long as the stoneware is properly cleaned and seasoned, there is no risk of cross-contamination. Stoneware is non-porous and does not absorb gluten, making it a safe option for individuals with celiac disease.

3. Can I use stoneware for baking gluten-free bread?

Yes, stoneware is perfect for baking gluten-free bread. The porous nature of stoneware helps to create a crispy crust and evenly baked bread without the use of added oil or butter.

4. Do I need to take any special precautions when using stoneware for gluten-free cooking?

The only precaution to take when using stoneware for gluten-free cooking is to make sure it is thoroughly cleaned and seasoned before use. This will prevent any potential cross-contamination and ensure the best results for your gluten-free dishes.

5. Are there any specific recipes for gluten-free cooking using stoneware?

There are many recipes available for gluten-free cooking using stoneware, such as gluten-free pizza, bread, and casseroles. You can also use stoneware for roasting vegetables, baking chicken, and making desserts like gluten-free brownies or cobblers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_cindy
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pc_cindy
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • WendyE