• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten Free Products on Stoneware

In summary, Tammy says that the bread/roll mix and beer bread are not gluten free, and the spices and rubs are not gluten free either. Lindsay says that the spices are not gluten free, the carmel sprinkles are gluten free, the Chipolte rub, Greek rub, Moroccan rub, and the bbq rub are gluten free, and the ingredients are listed on the website. Tracy says that the carmel sprinkles, Chipolte rub, Greek rub, Moroccan rub, and the bbq rub are not processed in a plant that also processed wheat, and the ingredients are not gluten free for those that have gluten intolerance that severe.
pc_cindy
Gold Member
I got a question at a show this evening that I had never been asked before tonight. A guest wanted to know if gluten free pizza would bake up crispy on the stone. As I'm not really familiar with gluten free food products I didn't know the answer. Can someone advise me?

Thanks!

Gluten free is based on rice and corn instead of wheat,oat,rye, or barley. It will crisp just fine. I have many clients who have gluten free diets so I have to be alert of that. Good luck.

It will be fine. My son is on a gluten free/casein free diet & I still use all my PC tools & stones for his foods.

One thing youi might want to mention is they should probably have a different stone for GF and "regular" food.

Cross-contamination is one of the big problems with GF issues.

redsoxgirl said:
One thing youi might want to mention is they should probably have a different stone for GF and "regular" food.

Cross-contamination is one of the big problems with GF issues.

That is very true. I had a host last year who had been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and I sent a question into the Test Kitchens about our spices and stones. They recommended separate stones just to be safe. (We had thought maybe a layer of parchment paper would be sufficient, but she decided to err on the side of caution.) As for our spices, only two have gluten in them, but I don't recall offhand which ones they are. (sorry)

Tammy

I sent the following email to the Test Kitchen and got the following response:

Hi-

Could you tell me which - if any - of our Pantry items are Gluten Free?

I know the bread/roll mix and beer bread is not, but how about the spices and rubs or oils and so on?

Thanks!
Lindsay

Hello Lindsay,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens. Yes, you are correct about the Pizza Crust & Roll Mix and Beer Bread Mix that they are not gluten-free.
We do declare WHEAT on our labels to note which products contain gluten. Please refer to our website for further information regarding our ingredient labels.

The following spices are NOT gluten-free:
Smoky Barbecue Rub
Asian Seasoning Mix
Sweet Caramel Sprinkle
Moroccan Rub* - new Spring'08 rub
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!
Tracy

Oh - also - the ingredients are listed on the website, so you/we might want to print them out and have them handy for questions about food allergies.

Oils, cinnamon, dill mix, rosemary, southwest, Jamaican, citrus basil, crushed peppercorn rub, cinnamon sprinkles and vanilla are gluten free. Not even processed in a plant that also processed wheat. Ones that do have gluten that I have are the carmel sprinkles, Chipolte rub, Greek rub, Moroccan rub, and the bbq rub. In extreme cases of gluten intolerance from Ciliac there is a need for two different pans. Ask the person if their case is severe enough to merit the purchase of two pans. Parchment should be fine in most cases or a good non porous sheet pan...

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your quick responses.

1. Can I use gluten-free products on stoneware?

Yes, you can use gluten-free products on stoneware. Stoneware is made from natural clay and does not contain gluten, making it safe for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.

2. Will using gluten-free products on stoneware affect the cooking time or results?

No, using gluten-free products on stoneware will not affect the cooking time or results. Stoneware is known for its ability to distribute heat evenly, resulting in consistent and delicious cooking every time.

3. How do I clean my stoneware after using gluten-free products?

Cleaning stoneware after using gluten-free products is easy. Simply soak the stoneware in warm water for a few minutes to loosen any food residue, then use a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge to clean. Avoid using soap as it can absorb into the porous surface of the stoneware.

4. Can I use stoneware to cook gluten-free bread?

Yes, you can use stoneware to cook gluten-free bread. Stoneware is a great option for baking bread as it helps to create a crispy crust and evenly cooked interior. Just make sure to follow your recipe's instructions for baking time and temperature.

5. Are there any precautions I should take when using gluten-free products on stoneware?

Yes, there are a few precautions to keep in mind when using gluten-free products on stoneware. Make sure to thoroughly clean your stoneware after each use to avoid cross-contamination. Also, avoid using metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch the surface. Lastly, do not preheat your stoneware in the oven before adding your gluten-free products as this can cause the stoneware to crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlisa08
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • pkd09