• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Steam Cleaner...any Suggestions?

In summary, I'm looking for a steam cleaner that will work on carpets and upholstery (as well as laminate or hardwood floors if possible). After having my DD throw up on the couch, I need something great or I need a new couch..ick! I'd prefer one that doesn't use chemicals. We had one but it leaks so that's a problem. I've been looking online, but have no idea! Thanks so much! I'm looking for a steam cleaner that will work on carpets and upholstery (as well as laminate or hardwood floors if possible). After having my DD throw up on the couch, I need something great or I need a new couch..ick!
Jules711
Silver Member
I'm looking for a steam cleaner that will work on carpets and upholstry (as well as laminate or hardwood floors if possible). After having my DD throw up on the couch, I need something great or I need a new couch..ick! I'd prefer one that doesn't use chemicals. We had one but it leaks so that's a problem. I've been looking online, but have no idea!

Thanks so much!

For quick pick ups (like this) we've got a litte Green machine (Actual name Little Green Proheat Turbo Carpet Cleaner by Bissel) I LOVE IT!! It's much more expensive than it used to be, we had one we bought over 10 years ago finally got a crack in it where water held and we had to update, just about died when I saw it was almost $100.00, but so WORTH it!! Much easier to pull this out when kids gets sick or cat puks all over then the HUGE one, and it's much easier to clean for only doing a little area, or that's my opinion.

We don't use the solution they give, we use a natural product in it.

We are on market for total house one, for bigger things, like our carpets. Last one we had was a Hoover, and it had it's own little quirks, like part where you added solution glue that kept it on machine "melted" for lack of a better word, as it was basically hot glued on and it rested against where you put the hot water in, duh to company. MIL had same one and FIL is now trying to take both of them apart and see if he can make 1 that will work with parts from both, and still nothing.

A friend has a different brand and I'm going to go to her house this week and try it out and see what I think. I'll let you know,

Lisa

What natural product do you use in it?

Anyone know anything about the Monster Steam Cleaner (one for carpets too) or the Shark that can do carpets?

Well I have some good advice for you. I just bought a new cleaner 2 weeks ago - it's the best one I've ever used!

I have had 3 Bissel steam cleaners. All of them worked great at first, but did not last long. The last one I only had about 18 months - it would not suck up enough of the water anymore. We could not figure out what the problem was! I decided to try a new kind - I will not spend anymore money on Bissell.

Here is the one from Hoover I got:

http://www.target.com/Hoover-Platinum-Upright-Extractor/dp/B001PBABW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&frombrowse=0&node=1038576&keywords=Hoover&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&id=Hoover%20Platinum%20Upright%20Extractor&field_availability=-2&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=relevancerank&searchPage=2&field_keywords=Hoover

It is expensive, but has a 6 year warranty. All the others are 1 year.

It worked REALLY good! My carpet was very dry afterward and looks like I had it cleaned by a professional. My kids even said, "I can't believe how dry the carpet is."

I could not find a cheaper price on-line, but ended up getting mine at Kohls on sale for $399 plus used a 30% off coupon (so $279.30) - I have a Kohls card! That was the best price I could find on it.

I would buy it again. I just hope it lasts 6 years like the warranty is. I'm going to send the registration card in for sure!

Good luck!

None of them are really good for your carpets because they all leave more water behind then a professional carpet cleaners system would and that ruins the padding, you might be better off just having someone come out and do it for you. And you can't use any steam cleaner on wood floors because it will ruin them, wood floors shouldn't be cleaned using water.

I've had my carpet for 20 years and have always used steam cleaners - no problems. I've had professionals out 2 times.

The new Hoover gets my carpet even dryer then a professional.

I have a Shark Steamer. I am not impressed with it. But the steam does dry very, very fast and they advertise that you can use it on hard wood floors. I have and I does a better job on a floor that doesn't have any indentations or designs. Would I buy it again, definitely no.

My friends like it for cleaning their laminate wood floors. They all rave about it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I would like something that doesn't use chemicals. We had a Bissel and it leaked bad so not good. I agree that it made the carpet too wet. Supposedly there are actual steam cleaners that can work on both. I'm just not sure that they actually can. I thought they could work on wood floors too, but maybe not? Not a huge deal. Mostly would like for laminate and carpet (and still the couch...we've done what we can :yuck:).

Yeah, the Hoover would take chemicals, but you could try using it with just water. The other thing I like about this machine is it automatically rinses. It really doesn't use a lot of cleaner either. I filled up the holder only 1 1/2 times for my entire house.

Lisa-did you use your friend's steam cleaner? Anymore suggestions? There are just too many options and I'd love something that works on carpet.

I have the steam shark (both of them) & love it. I'd definitely buy it again. All I use in it is water. It's a miracle worker IMHO.

Just used my Hoover Platinum for the first time...LOVE IT!!

Love that the soap container is separate from the water...love the black light...love how easy it was to assemble...just plain LOVE IT!

I'm always bragging on this site and how it's so much more than business. I would have never looked at this otherwise...THANKS!

1. How do I use a steam cleaner for cleaning?

To use a steam cleaner for cleaning, first, fill the tank with water and plug it in to heat up the water. Once the water is heated, select the desired steam level and start cleaning by pressing the trigger on the handle. Make sure to move the steam cleaner slowly over the surface and let the steam do the work. After cleaning, empty any remaining water from the tank and let the steam cleaner cool down before storing it.

2. Can I use a steam cleaner on all surfaces?

Steam cleaners are safe to use on a variety of surfaces such as tile, hardwood, laminate, and sealed grout. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions and recommendations before using a steam cleaner on delicate surfaces or materials like silk and velvet. It is also recommended to do a spot test in an inconspicuous area before using the steam cleaner on a larger surface.

3. How often should I clean my steam cleaner?

It is important to clean your steam cleaner after each use to prevent buildup and maintain its effectiveness. Empty and rinse the tank and wipe down the exterior with a damp cloth. You can also run a cycle of white vinegar or a descaling solution through the machine to remove any mineral buildup. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific cleaning and maintenance recommendations.

4. Can I add cleaning solutions to the water in my steam cleaner?

It is not recommended to add cleaning solutions or chemicals to the water in your steam cleaner. The high temperature and pressure of the steam alone is enough to effectively clean and sanitize most surfaces. Adding cleaning solutions can also damage the internal components of the steam cleaner and void its warranty.

5. Are steam cleaners safe to use around children and pets?

Steam cleaners are generally safe to use around children and pets as they use hot water vapor to clean rather than harsh chemicals. However, it is important to keep children and pets away from the steam cleaner while it is in use, as the steam can cause burns if they get too close. It is also recommended to let the steam cleaner cool down completely before allowing children or pets to touch it or the cleaned surfaces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies