• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Pampered Chef Related:diaper Leak on Couch, Need Help

In summary, We forgot to put DD (2) in her overnight diaper, so by this morning her diaper and PJ's were wet. She came in the family room and sat on the couch before I realized my mistake and that she was wet. Now I have a nice wet spot on our couch.
babywings76
Gold Member
We forgot to put DD (2) in her overnight diaper, so by this morning her diaper and PJ's were wet. She came in the family room and sat on the couch before I realized my mistake and that she was wet. Now I have a nice wet spot on our couch.

What is the best way to treat this? It's a microsuede material. We did get it Scotch guarded when we bought it, but things still absorb into it just like normal. I have a Little Green Machine from Bissell, but the sprayer is broken. But it can suck up stuff. I'm thinking that this is just a surface problem, though. Should I wait for it to dry and then spray it to high heaven with one of those disinfecting material sprays that has the kill urine stuff in it? Or would just fabric febreeze work? Or should I use my ChemDry foam cleaner on it? Or something else?

I would 1st try blotting the spot. Then try using just water. This is what I did when a cup of tea hit our micro suede sofa.

I have a grandson in training....sprinkle baking soda on the spot and let sit 24 hrs. The baking soda will absorb everything (including smell). Then just take your vacuum cleaner to clean up the soda. Works great.

pkd09 said:
I have a grandson in training....sprinkle baking soda on the spot and let sit 24 hrs. The baking soda will absorb everything (including smell). Then just take your vacuum cleaner to clean up the soda. Works great.

Yep! that is my answer too... as a mom of 2 little boys who are both FINALLY potty trained! LOL! You can even cover it with a towel as the baking soda does it's job. Now.. will say I havent tryied this trick on my microsuede couch. I use this for mattresses and carpets....maybe a test area would be a good idea :)

Shoot, I didn't get your advice in time. I was too impulsive with doing something to it quick since the kids kept trying to sit on the couch. Since the whole couch was seeming like it needed some refreshing, and I was nervous about Kiersten not leaving the spot alone, I decided to just spray Febreeze all over it. I blotted the spot as best I could first though. If it seems kind of stinky later, when DD is napping or later tonight after she goes to bed, I'll mess around with it some more.Thanks for the tips! I'll be potty training her in a couple months (waiting for late spring/summer with easier clothes for her to take on and off), and I have a feeling I'll be using your baking soda tricks often. :D

Another tip for while you are potty training... get bath mats and put them on your furniture. They have the rubber backs but are soft to sit on.. nothing goes through. You just have to convice kiddos that it is ok to sit on them! Mine always wanted to pull them off the couch.

chefcharity said:
Another tip for while you are potty training... get bath mats and put them on your furniture. They have the rubber backs but are soft to sit on.. nothing goes through. You just have to convice kiddos that it is ok to sit on them! Mine always wanted to pull them off the couch.

Wow! That's an awesome idea! This will be my 4th child to potty train, so I felt like I had a good system down, but I LOVE that idea! I've never heard that one before.

1. How do I remove diaper leaks from my couch?

First, remove any excess moisture with a towel or paper towels. Then, mix equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the affected area. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it clean with a damp cloth. If the stain persists, you can also try using a mixture of dish soap and hydrogen peroxide or a commercial enzyme cleaner specifically designed for removing urine stains.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products to clean up the diaper leak?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cleaning products, but they are not specifically designed for removing diaper leaks. We recommend using a cleaner specifically designed for removing urine stains and odors.

3. How often should I clean my couch to prevent diaper leaks?

It's important to regularly clean your couch to prevent diaper leaks and other stains. We recommend spot cleaning as needed and doing a deep cleaning at least once a month.

4. Are there any preventative measures I can take to avoid diaper leaks on my couch?

To prevent diaper leaks from happening in the first place, make sure your child's diaper is properly secured and changed frequently. You can also place a waterproof mattress protector or towel on the couch before placing your child on it.

5. What if the diaper leak has already dried on my couch?

If the diaper leak has already dried on your couch, you can still use the above cleaning methods. However, you may need to let the cleaner sit for a longer period of time and scrub a little harder to remove the stain. It's also a good idea to test the solution on a small, inconspicuous area of your couch first to make sure it doesn't cause any damage.

Back