• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Business After Moving: What Should I Do?

In summary, Maybe this is in the wrong forum, I am not sure... but if you are having trouble getting started, you might try checking out the 'Move it-you won't lose it' cd from the supply order.
LBrooke
Maybe this is in the wrong forum, I am not sure...

Yesterday I had my first show since moving...and the host invited 50 people, called, etc. I called the people whose numbers she gave me. Only her mother showed up! I am very discouraged. She is going to pass the catalog around and I am giving her a week to collect orders and close the show...

She also wants me to call the people who didn't show and see if they would be interested in ordering. Well, she was going to do it and I offered to help. Is this weird? What should I say when I call?

Maybe I am not cut out for this business after all...it has been like pulling teeth to get anything going. :cry:

Don't get discouraged Lynsey!!! I have sometimes found that Saturday and Sunday afternoon shows can be hard here with everything going on. I think what I would do is let the host see what kind of orders she could get, and then when you talk to her see what her total is. You might be surprised that she was able to collect a bunch of orders. If they aren't high, then ask her if she talked to all the people that showed interest. If she says no, then ask her to go back to those people that showed interest and say "I am closing my show out in 2 days and I didn't want to close it without talking to you first to make sure you had the chance to order if you were wanting to." That way, the host is putting the ball in their court and making sure that they don't get left out. I have had several shows where only a few people showed up, but we were able to close the show out at $400 or $500.

I'm sure about calling the guests directly, I don't know if I would have enough courage to do it, but if you feel comfortable with it, then just take the same tone of "I didn't want close the show without talking to you first" kind of thing.

HTH, and don't get too discouraged. I think several people here have said there is something you can buy on the supply order form about moving your business, so you might try that too!!!

Thanks so much Lisa! I am going to call her today (she left me a message last night and said there are two more orders...) so I will tell her to say that to the people she talks to and hopefully I can make it at least a $300 show! Even if it is just $150 that will be all right but I think her goal was $500...

Thanks again for the encouragement! I am waiting until April to place the supply order but I will have to check out the 'moving your business' cd...!!

LBrooke said:
Maybe this is in the wrong forum, I am not sure...

Yesterday I had my first show since moving...and the host invited 50 people, called, etc. I called the people whose numbers she gave me. Only her mother showed up! I am very discouraged. She is going to pass the catalog around and I am giving her a week to collect orders and close the show...

She also wants me to call the people who didn't show and see if they would be interested in ordering. Well, she was going to do it and I offered to help. Is this weird? What should I say when I call?

Maybe I am not cut out for this business after all...it has been like pulling teeth to get anything going. :cry:

Hey! Don't give up just yet! I'm getting ready to move and I ordered the 'Move it-you won't lose it' cd from the supply order. It's an AWESOME cd-it has helped me get re-energized and has given me great ideas on how to find potential hosts. Do you have an children? Perhaps a play group would help you. If not, maybe your place of worship. The possibilities are endless, we just have to think outside the box and take a step out of our comfort zone.

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your first show after moving. It can definitely be discouraging when you put in so much effort and only one person shows up. Don't worry, this is not uncommon and it doesn't mean you're not cut out for this business. Every consultant has experienced a slow start at some point. I would suggest reaching out to the people who didn't show and offer them the opportunity to still place an order from the catalog. You can also offer to do a virtual party for them, where they can shop online and still receive the same benefits as a regular party. Don't give up, keep pushing through and things will pick up. Remember, success takes time and effort. Best of luck to you!

1. How do I determine the best location for my new business after moving?

When starting a business after moving, it is important to research the demographics, competition, and demand for your product or service in different areas. Consider the cost of living, business taxes, and potential customer base when selecting a location. Networking with local business organizations and seeking advice from real estate professionals can also be helpful in making this decision.

2. What legal steps do I need to take to start a business after moving to a new state?

Each state has its own requirements for registering a business. It is important to research and comply with all necessary permits, licenses, and registrations in your new state. This may include registering your business name, obtaining a business license, and applying for a tax ID number. Seeking legal advice can also ensure that you have followed all necessary steps.

3. How can I build a customer base in a new area for my business?

Networking is key when it comes to building a customer base in a new area. Join local business organizations, attend networking events, and reach out to potential customers through social media and other marketing strategies. Offering special promotions or discounts can also help attract new customers and build a loyal following.

4. What are the best ways to manage the financial aspects of starting a business after moving?

It is important to create a budget and stick to it when starting a business after moving. Consider all expenses, including rent, supplies, marketing, and taxes. Keeping detailed records and seeking advice from a financial advisor can also help you manage your finances effectively.

5. How can I balance starting a new business with the stress of moving?

Starting a business and moving can both be stressful events, so it is important to find a balance between the two. Prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities when possible. Take breaks and make time for self-care to avoid burnout. Remember to be patient with yourself and the process, and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies