• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel Cookware: Misleading 8 Qt Pot Size Disappoints Customer

In summary, stainless steel cookware offers numerous benefits including durability and non-reactivity with foods. It is compatible with all types of stovetops and can be easily cleaned and maintained with proper care. While it is safe to use metal utensils, it is recommended to use non-metal utensils for long-term care. Most stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for optimal care.
Jennie4PC
I had a hostess who just ordered the SS cookware and she just emailed me and said her 8 qt pot isnt 8 qts she said it is only 6. She bought it for the 8 qt pot. She is not happy right now.

Well, since the SS line does not carry a 6 quart pot - maybe she is reading it wrong? If she ordered the 7 piece - it should be there and I can't imagine that those boxes would have the wrong pieces in them (especially one that doesn't exist?) Good luck with that one.

The stainless pots have the volume markings inside of it. It should tell her how much it holds. I haven't seen any of the pots in the stainless line though. Maybe the markings only go to six while the top of the pot is 8??

wadesgirl said:
The stainless pots have the volume markings inside of it. It should tell her how much it holds. I haven't seen any of the pots in the stainless line though. Maybe the markings only go to six while the top of the pot is 8??

That's the same thing I was thinking.

If you look at most of our products that have inside markings you see for example the 6 and the very top is the 8. I think the prep bowls are one example to illustrate.

I tried calling my hostess but she wasnt home so I will try later thanks ladies for the information

Related to Stainless Steel Cookware: Misleading 8 Qt Pot Size Disappoints Customer

What are the benefits of using stainless steel cookware?

Stainless steel cookware is known for its durability and long lifespan, making it a great investment for your kitchen. It is also non-reactive, meaning it won't react with acidic or alkaline foods, making it safe for cooking a variety of dishes. Additionally, stainless steel is easy to clean and does not retain flavors or odors from previous cooking.

Can stainless steel cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is compatible with all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the cookware is suitable for your specific stovetop.

How should I clean and maintain my stainless steel cookware?

To keep your stainless steel cookware in top condition, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils that can scratch the surface. To maintain the shine, you can also use a stainless steel cleaner or a paste of baking soda and water. Also, make sure to dry the cookware thoroughly after washing to prevent water spots.

Can I use metal utensils with stainless steel cookware?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is durable enough to withstand metal utensils. However, using metal utensils may cause scratches on the surface over time, so it is recommended to use non-metal utensils for long-term care.

Is stainless steel cookware dishwasher safe?

Most stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe. However, for optimal care and to prolong the lifespan of the cookware, it is recommended to hand wash. If you do choose to use a dishwasher, make sure to place the cookware on the top rack and avoid using harsh detergents or high heat settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chellb1234
  • Products and Tips
Replies