• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sprucing Up Holiday Meetings: Fresh Ideas!

they can make a lot of $$. :)This sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!This sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
DebPC
Staff member
Holiday Themed MeetingWe usually do one in October where we have a holiday display, holiday recipe demo, quick tips and offer theme show ideas for upcoming the holiday season.
Looking for some new ideas to jazz things up for the old timers.

I think a Trifle Bowl contest would be fun. See who can come up with the most creative holiday use for the trifle bowl. Tell them the cannot use food and let their minds do the rest.

I think this is a great idea!!
We are getting together w/one of the girls in another cluster that I do meetings with & she is awesome @ doing cookie shows & decorates them like they've just come out of the bakery.....I'm so jealous she has the patience for this!!
so we are going to get some wine & bake cookies on a friday night.
Plus it's a mini team builder & they won't even know it......

For October MeetingI also think having every team member bring a holiday simple addition display would be fun. It wouldn't have to be a contest. They could go small with the caddy and bowls or bigger with the plates, platters and stands.

Happy Chef said:
I also think having every team member bring a holiday simple addition display would be fun. It wouldn't have to be a contest. They could go small with the caddy and bowls or bigger with the plates, platters and stands.

Ohhhh... I like this idea! And for the newbies who don't have any I can have some available for them. I'll ask them to tell me which pieces they want to use so I'm ready and they can assemble when they arrive!

bethcooks4u said:
Ohhhh... I like this idea! And for the newbies who don't have any I can have some available for them. I'll ask them to tell me which pieces they want to use so I'm ready and they can assemble when they arrive!

We're doing something like this ~ asking each to bring a different "gift or package set". with price (no discounts). :)

We are going to do an activity on how to market and tweek shows for the holidays. I want to show them that this can be done easily and by changing their demo just a little they can market it to fit the season. A perfect example is the Find the Turkey Show mentioned before. Just change the recipe and the name of the show- plus show products and offer tips for Thanksgiving- done. For Christmas- change table decor, offer a couple of holiday themed recipes- offer holiday baking and gift ideas- done. They could call it a Jingle Bell Show, Happy Holidays Show, Stop and Shop Show...whatever.
I want to disspell the misconception that theme shows are a lot of work to implement- especially for part timers who may only do a couple of shows a month. Same strategy could be used year round.

I fully agree that theme shows aren't extra work. I heard someone say that it's just a regular show with a twist.

For example, I've had a lot of success offerring an "Evening in Tuscany" show. I pre-make the Cappucinno Mousse Trifle and do a 'Medditerranean' Braid (the Spinach-Artichoke one just renamed*). I suggest to the host that she is welcome to use my stone with handles (and woven tray) if she wants to make/serve the sun-dried tomato and pesto brie from the SB. It's all inexpensive (no meat), easy, and show's alot of tools.

* I joke and tell them I call it a Medditteranean (sp?!) Braid when I make it for my husband....he doesn't like spinach or artichokes...but likes this. :)

I think he is amazing! He has said 2 things that have really influenced me in my weight loss.
One thing he said was " Your metabolism doesn't slow down as we age more then 5% but we slow down. Most of us are much less active and thats one reason why we gain as we age.
The other thing was" Heredity usually only plays a small part in our health. We make decisions every day that play a much bigiger role."

I LOVE Dr. Oz, try to watch him whenever he comes on Oprah!! I want to get his book that he wrote with that other Doctor!!

I watch and tape his shows that are on the Discovery health channel. I also have 5 Oprah shows taped. I just need to get them all together off of the DVR, so we can record more shows. I also have the first book "You: The Owners Manual". We gave a few as gifts... I don't think they were impressed, but you have to read the book to understand it. It is written like no other book I have read. Very interesting information though.

Attachments

• monday night football show.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 176
    39.5 KB · Views: 189
    39.5 KB · Views: 185
He's going to be on today on Oprah. I'm taping it to digest later.

I've never heard of him before... what kind of Dr is he?

I like him, the only thing is... I was a little grossed out when he was talking about self hygiene

He and Dr Rosen have co- authored several best selling get healthy books. I have gotten all my information on his appearances on Oprah. He makes so much sense and says it like it is. He talks about eating properly, excercise, bad habits, and how our bodies work and why.
Todays episode in on how to slow down aging.
He's amazing!

I saw the show, I want that green 'fresh' drink!

--Jenny L

I agree- if Oprah could drink it- I can. I'm passing on the cod liver oil though.
I taped it so I to go back and get the recipe.

He also has several shows out on the Discovery Health Channel. I have several of them DVR'd as well.

My favorite thing is that he inspires me to change. His whole theory of changing your health in 3 months is so hopeful. That we aren't doomed because of our genetics only our unhealthful lifestyles. In the last 5 years I have dramatically changed my health for the better and I am still changing.

Being that I don't watch Oprah on a regular basis, does Dr. Oz come on the same day each week?

--Jenny L

1. What are some creative ways to decorate for a holiday-themed meeting?

One idea is to use festive tablecloths, centerpieces, and place settings. You can also incorporate holiday-themed banners, balloons, and streamers to liven up the space. Another option is to use natural elements like pinecones, evergreen branches, and twinkle lights to create a cozy atmosphere.

2. How can I incorporate holiday flavors into the meeting menu?

Consider serving seasonal favorites like pumpkin spice, cranberry, and peppermint. You can add these flavors to drinks, appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. For example, you could serve hot apple cider, a pumpkin cheese ball, and peppermint bark for a sweet treat.

3. What are some fun activities to do during the holiday meeting?

You can have a cookie decorating station, a gift exchange, or a holiday-themed game. Another idea is to have a DIY craft station where guests can make their own holiday decorations or gifts. Additionally, you can have a holiday trivia game or a festive scavenger hunt.

4. How can I make the meeting more interactive and engaging for attendees?

One way is to have a potluck-style meal where everyone brings a dish to share. This encourages interaction and allows everyone to try different holiday dishes. You can also have a photo booth with holiday props for guests to take fun pictures together. Another idea is to have a holiday-themed icebreaker to get everyone talking and connecting.

5. Are there any special considerations to keep in mind for virtual holiday meetings?

Yes, it's important to choose a virtual platform that allows for easy screen sharing and video conferencing. You can also send out virtual holiday backgrounds or encourage attendees to dress up in holiday attire. Consider incorporating virtual games or activities like a holiday-themed trivia game or a virtual gift exchange. Don't forget to send out digital invitations and reminders to keep everyone informed and excited for the meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered Angel
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • PCJenni