• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Springform Pan: Benefits of the Inserted Tube or Bundt Pan

In summary, the conversation is about the Springform Pan that was bought during Kit Enhancement in April. The pan comes with an insert that can turn it into a tube or Bundt pan, but the person has never used it. Others in the conversation have also not used the insert, but have had success making cheesecakes and other desserts in the pan. It is suggested to try out the insert with some recipes for different shapes and styles of cakes.
amya
I bought the Springform Pan last April during Kit Enhancement and I love it. But I have never used the insert that comes with it. It looks like it would turn it into a tube pan or a Bundt pan. Do you all use the insert?

I've never used my springform pan let alone any of the inserts...but would love ideas for the pan itself and for the inserts!!

I've never used the insert either! But cheesecakes always come out wonderful in this pan. I just made the New York Style Cheesecake out of the desserts book the other day. We're having it tonight since I got sick the day we were supposed to have it! THe Banana Cream Supreme also works great in this pan.
I usually put the finished cake (that's on the glass bottom) onto another bigger platter; otherwise I've found it's a little messy once you cut it.

amya said:
I bought the Springform Pan last April during Kit Enhancement and I love it. But I have never used the insert that comes with it. It looks like it would turn it into a tube pan or a Bundt pan. Do you all use the insert?

I haven't used the insert myself yet but found a recipe in the attached booklet that was posted on here that uses it. Check it out.

Attachments

• springform%20pan%20booklet[1].doc
    117.5 KB · Views: 582
Hi there! I'm glad to hear that you have been enjoying your Springform Pan from last April's Kit Enhancement. As for the insert, it is completely up to personal preference whether or not to use it. Some customers find it useful for creating different shapes and styles of cakes, while others prefer to just use the pan as is. If you ever feel like experimenting with the insert, I recommend checking out some of our recipes and tutorials for inspiration. Happy cooking!

1. What is a springform pan and how is it different from a regular pan?

A springform pan is a type of baking pan with a removable bottom and a latch on the side that allows the pan to open up. This is different from a regular pan because it allows you to easily remove delicate baked goods, such as cheesecakes, without damaging them.

2. Can I use a springform pan for other types of baked goods besides cheesecake?

Yes, you can use a springform pan for a variety of baked goods, including quiches, tarts, and even regular cakes. The removable bottom and easy release latch make it ideal for any dish that needs to be removed from the pan without being flipped over.

3. What are the benefits of using a springform pan with an inserted tube or bundt pan?

Using a springform pan with an inserted tube or bundt pan provides several benefits. The tube or bundt pan elevates the cake, allowing for even baking and a more even rise. It also creates a hollow center, perfect for filling with fruit or other toppings.

4. Can I use a springform pan without an inserted tube or bundt pan?

Yes, you can use a springform pan without an inserted tube or bundt pan. However, the inserted tube or bundt pan provides added support and helps the cake bake more evenly. It also adds a decorative shape to the cake, making it perfect for special occasions.

5. How do I clean and care for my springform pan?

To clean your springform pan, make sure to remove the latch and removable bottom before washing. Wash with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing. It is important to avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the non-stick surface to prevent damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Anita
Replies
Views
floccies
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies